ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application process

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Calicification112
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

ILR Application process

Post by Calicification112 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:10 am

Hello,

I am new here and have been reading through the forums.

my husband's visa expires on 03/02/2021 (3rd February) and even though I can submit the application 28 days before this date, can I submit the application later? I am still waiting for 1 more payslip from my employer, which I should receive around 22nd January.

or, if I submit the form, how do I then go about submitting the evidence? I will be paying for the super priority service so I will hopefully be picking a date nearer the time of me receiving my last payslip. If I submit the application early, could I then pick a later date of super priority service to submit the application?

Does it work like this or will they be giving me a date, location etc? How does evidence submitting work if you have super priority service vs normal submission?

Sorry for the long message but I'm very anxious about all of this and just want to be prepared as possible. I don't want to make any mistakes also.

Sorry again :)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR Application process

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:34 am

Super priority is suspended due to corona for a long time now. You will have to apply via standard route only (standard processing can take up to 6 months).

Date of application is the date you pay and submit online. Biometrics date is irrelevant. Date of application should be your reference date to arrange documents accordingly.

You can apply anytime before visa expiry or benefit from the 28 days concession period if you wish. All your documents should be dated before (not older than 28 days where applicable) the date of application.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Calicification112
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Calicification112 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:38 pm

this is unfortunate news to hear but I understand. How does the paperwork submission work then? last time when I went to submit my paperwork for his extension, it was with the extra priority service and we submitted everything and got a result the same day. How do I go about it this time with paperwork submission and biometrics submission? Would I still need to make an appointment to submit the paperwork etc?

Also, how does this effect his job and employment? If he stays here past the date of his expiry, then what do we do? How do I tell his employer that he can still stay here? Do I need some sort of letter from the Home Office or something to say he can still work here?

sorry again for the long post, and thank you for the earlier information

:)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:48 pm

You apply online, submit and pay. You will then be directed to the ukcvas sopra steria portal to book a biometrics appointment and you also upload all your documents digitally to the ukcvas portal.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/online-appli ... 70084.html

If an application is made before the visa expires, the current visa conditions continue under section 3C of the immigrations rules while ukvi processes and considers the application.

The employer can do a right to work check online directly with ukvi, results take about 5 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Calicification112
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Calicification112 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:07 pm

Thanks so much for this detailed information. I have a much clearer idea now.

If I was to submit my application on say for example the 15th January, and then submit my paperwork later, is the application date on the 15th from when it is counted from? also, when I choose a date to submit the paperwork, does the website automatically pick for me, or can I pick a date and location myself, as in my first post I had written about still waiting for one payslip from my employer.

Sorry for all the questions, and I really appreciate all the information and help :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:15 pm

The date if application is the date you submit and pay online. This must be before the visa expiry date. The date you upload your documents and attend the biomteric appointment is irrelevant to this.

Your supporting documentation MUST be dated on or before the date of application when you submit and pay online. This has already been advised above by user CULLINAN.

You will be able to select a date for the appointment. Note that free appointments are very limited and you might have to pay for a biomterics appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Calicification112
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Calicification112 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:42 pm

Sorry I didn't pick up on that before and you're right, CULLINAN did write this.

I will just get my last payslip and everything else e.g. bank statements, employers letter and submit the application the next day then.

Below is a list from a link you sent for the sopra steria, are the locations on this list still all the same? I was hoping for Swindon?

https://legalcentre.org/files/UK_UK_New ... t_2018.pdf

Thank you again for the clarity :)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:50 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Calicification112
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Calicification112 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:02 pm

Thanks so much for this! :)