ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Extension - Previously submitted documents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sojan

Tier1 Extension - Previously submitted documents

Post by sojan » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:24 pm

Hello friends,
As many of us plan to extend Tier1, the application form is asking if we have provided document in the initial application. Its just a tick mark.

But do we need to provide the document again with the application or just the tick mark is enough?
Further reading is shows.. but is not much help.

"There may be a very small number 81. of applicants who are currently in the United Kingdom under Tier 1 (General) or the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme and whose qualification has previously been assessed to be of a higher level than shown by the Tier 1 (General) points based calculator. These applicants may claim the higher points score, in line with the previous assessment, provided they are using the same qualification as used in their initial application. Appendix A paragraph 7 of the Immigration Rules gives more details."

This is applicable mainly for Qualification and English language assessment. Can someone provide a definite answer that we don't need to provide the english language or Degree certificate again with the extension application?

T1_Mainframe

Post by T1_Mainframe » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:11 pm

Search forum. Find out what successful applicants had submitted. What did they suggest to new applicants?

PK001

Post by PK001 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:34 pm

Hi,

I successfully got my Tier-1 extension 2 days before. I did not provide my documents which I had submitted in my initial application i.e. Qualification Certificates, IELTS result card, UK Naric Letter etc.

I only referred to my previous application and highlighted in the cover letter. Hope it will help you.

push

Post by push » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:03 pm

The guidance notes clearly indicate whether you have to or do not need to provide documents which were provided at the time of the original approval.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Post by rubina20102010 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:15 am

PK001 wrote:Hi,

I successfully got my Tier-1 extension 2 days before. I did not provide my documents which I had submitted in my initial application i.e. Qualification Certificates, IELTS result card, UK Naric Letter etc.

I only referred to my previous application and highlighted in the cover letter. Hope it will help you.
Hi PK001,
Can I ask you one thing , this is your first extension or second extension on Tier 1 (HSMP)?

Thanks,
Robina