ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GTV switch for Dependents

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Post Reply
yfaheem
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:23 am
Pakistan

GTV switch for Dependents

Post by yfaheem » Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:54 pm

Hello
I am going to apply for my GTV stage-2 (within 3 months) and become eligible for ILR by June 2022. My family is on PBS dependent work visa and can apply for ILR by Jan 2025. I need to ask few questions before switching as below;

1) should I apply for GTV for 1 yr only, i.e. until June 2023. How I extend my dependents visa after that (as I will potentially be on ILR that time) ?
2) Should I apply for GTV 3 yrs so that my dependents not need to extend until 2025 when they apply for ILR? But tin this case, I pay extra IHS for 2 yrs for myself.

Could you please advise and help making the decision. Thank you.

yfaheem
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:23 am
Pakistan

Re: GTV switch for Dependents

Post by yfaheem » Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:22 pm

My query has not been replied still? Your response is required for me to proceed with my application, I appreciate. Thanks

hag9
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:21 pm
Egypt

Re: GTV switch for Dependents

Post by hag9 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:20 pm

You can apply for 1-year and then apply for ILR after you become eligible. Your dependants can switch/extend GTV since you were on GTV before you apply for ILR, and your dependants were on a dependant visa at that time.

However, I think that your dependants' extension will have to be for 3 years, regardless of how long they will need to become eligible for ILR at the time of extension.

yfaheem
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:23 am
Pakistan

Re: GTV switch for Dependents

Post by yfaheem » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:33 pm

hag9 wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:20 pm
You can apply for 1-year and then apply for ILR after you become eligible. Your dependants can switch/extend GTV since you were on GTV before you apply for ILR, and your dependants were on a dependant visa at that time.

However, I think that your dependants' extension will have to be for 3 years, regardless of how long they will need to become eligible for ILR at the time of extension.
Thank you hag9 for replying. If I apply for ILR by early June (my 28 days period start from 8/05/22), can my family also apply in same application to switch their PBS dependent visa (valid until 14-06-22) to ILR dependent? or they have to apply after I get my ILR stamp?
Thank you v much for response.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 82300
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: GTV switch for Dependents

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:49 am

They can apply when you apply. Their application will be held until a decision is made in yours.

To be clear, they list apply for a 3 year PBS dependent extsnsion not switch to an ILR dependent visa (which is a different visa category) as this will reset their ilr clock to zero and a new 5 year period before they can apply for ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

yfaheem
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:23 am
Pakistan

Re: GTV switch for Dependents

Post by yfaheem » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:41 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:49 am
They can apply when you apply. Their application will be held until a decision is made in yours.

To be clear, they list apply for a 3 year PBS dependent extsnsion not switch to an ILR dependent visa (which is a different visa category) as this will reset their ilr clock to zero and a new 5 year period before they can apply for ilr.
Thank you CR for replying and clarify on this. As you suggest, I would then apply for 3yr PBS extension (GTV) until May/june 2025 so they become eligible for ILR application, as I understood?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 82300
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: GTV switch for Dependents

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:43 pm

Correct
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

yfaheem
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:23 am
Pakistan

Re: GTV switch for Dependents

Post by yfaheem » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:06 am

Thanks CR. I encountered a problem while completing my visa application.
I initially drafted for 3 yrs TGV (stage-2) for myself and dependents. I removed dependents today and checked all my answers before proceeded to the IHS and I found nowhere I could change the visa back to 1yr.

Now I am stuck with 3 yrs on my application for IHS payment. Is there a way I could revert to 1 yr? OR pay
3yrs and get 2yr refund? Please advise. Thank you.

yfaheem
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:23 am
Pakistan

Re: GTV switch for Dependents

Post by yfaheem » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:10 am

Dear CR, Is there anything you could help to my last query please? or nothing except I pay for 3yr visa now? Your response much appreciated. Thanks

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 82300
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: GTV switch for Dependents

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:11 pm

Start a new application then.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

yfaheem
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:23 am
Pakistan

Re: GTV switch for Dependents

Post by yfaheem » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:11 pm
Start a new application then.
Thank you for reply. I have not paid the IHS fee yet. Can I cancel my application at this stage? How

If yes, then do I have to start over from stage1 i.e. getting my endorsement again, paying visa fee etc? or I can start from stage-2?

Your response is much appreciated. Thanks.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 82300
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: GTV switch for Dependents

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:39 pm

Simply start a new online application if no fees have been paid yet.

This has nothing to do with your endorsement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

yfaheem
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:23 am
Pakistan

Re: GTV switch for Dependents

Post by yfaheem » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:27 pm

that was easy as a cake. Thanks alot CR.

yfaheem
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:23 am
Pakistan

Re: GTV switch for Dependents

Post by yfaheem » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:22 pm

hag9 wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:20 pm
You can apply for 1-year and then apply for ILR after you become eligible. Your dependants can switch/extend GTV since you were on GTV before you apply for ILR, and your dependants were on a dependant visa at that time.

However, I think that your dependants' extension will have to be for 3 years, regardless of how long they will need to become eligible for ILR at the time of extension.
Dear colleagues, moderators and residents
I am about confused about my dependents visa extension while I am on GTV. They are on PBS dependent skilled worker visa until mid June 2022 and need to remain in UK until Jan 2025 to be eligible for ILR. I want to ask;
1) If I apply for ILR by June 2022, How I can extend their visa for ILR eligibility?

your response is much appreciated. thank you.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 82300
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: GTV switch for Dependents

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:43 pm

They should switch to GTV Dependent BEFORE you apply for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

yfaheem
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:23 am
Pakistan

Re: GTV switch for Dependents

Post by yfaheem » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:14 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:43 pm
They should switch to GTV Dependent BEFORE you apply for ILR.
Thanks for your reply.
What I understand, my dependents can't switch their current skilled worker dependent visa to GTV dependent once I apply/get ILR? even if I had GTV before applying? somebody said before I could so I applied for myself 1yr GTV and hv appointment in feb.

What I am supposed to do? Cancel my appointment and apply for myself and family for 3 yr GTV instead?
Can I do this now and save the hassle otherwise I would encounter?

Please advise. Thank you for sparing time on this.

yfaheem
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:23 am
Pakistan

Re: GTV switch for Dependents

Post by yfaheem » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:01 pm

Dear moderators, colleagues and applicants,

Please could you answer my query above? I am in uncertain situation and need your help and guide before my appointment on 8th feb.
Your response is much appreciated.

safdari_peyman
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:20 pm
Iran

Re: GTV switch for Dependents

Post by safdari_peyman » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:16 am

yfaheem wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:54 pm
Hello
I am going to apply for my GTV stage-2 (within 3 months) and become eligible for ILR by June 2022. My family is on PBS dependent work visa and can apply for ILR by Jan 2025. I need to ask few questions before switching as below;

1) should I apply for GTV for 1 yr only, i.e. until June 2023. How I extend my dependents visa after that (as I will potentially be on ILR that time) ?
2) Should I apply for GTV 3 yrs so that my dependents not need to extend until 2025 when they apply for ILR? But tin this case, I pay extra IHS for 2 yrs for myself.

Could you please advise and help making the decision. Thank you.
Hi Yaser
I have the same situation as you. Can you please let me know
1- If you applied for the Global Talent Visa for one year or for 3 years?
2- Did your dependents stay on the skilled worker dependent visa?
3- Were you able to extend their PBS dependent visa after you got ILR?

Many Thanks

yfaheem
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:23 am
Pakistan

Re: GTV switch for Dependents

Post by yfaheem » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:01 pm

safdari_peyman wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:16 am
yfaheem wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:54 pm
Hello
I am going to apply for my GTV stage-2 (within 3 months) and become eligible for ILR by June 2022. My family is on PBS dependent work visa and can apply for ILR by Jan 2025. I need to ask few questions before switching as below;

1) should I apply for GTV for 1 yr only, i.e. until June 2023. How I extend my dependents visa after that (as I will potentially be on ILR that time) ?
2) Should I apply for GTV 3 yrs so that my dependents not need to extend until 2025 when they apply for ILR? But tin this case, I pay extra IHS for 2 yrs for myself.

Could you please advise and help making the decision. Thank you.
Hi Yaser
I have the same situation as you. Can you please let me know
1- If you applied for the Global Talent Visa for one year or for 3 years?
2- Did your dependents stay on the skilled worker dependent visa?
3- Were you able to extend their PBS dependent visa after you got ILR?

Many Thanks
Hi
1. I applied and got 1yr GTV
2. Yes they are.
3. They did not apply yet. Yes they can extend.

safdari_peyman
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:20 pm
Iran

Re: GTV switch for Dependents

Post by safdari_peyman » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:23 pm

yfaheem wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:01 pm
safdari_peyman wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:16 am
yfaheem wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:54 pm
Hello
I am going to apply for my GTV stage-2 (within 3 months) and become eligible for ILR by June 2022. My family is on PBS dependent work visa and can apply for ILR by Jan 2025. I need to ask few questions before switching as below;

1) should I apply for GTV for 1 yr only, i.e. until June 2023. How I extend my dependents visa after that (as I will potentially be on ILR that time) ?
2) Should I apply for GTV 3 yrs so that my dependents not need to extend until 2025 when they apply for ILR? But tin this case, I pay extra IHS for 2 yrs for myself.

Could you please advise and help making the decision. Thank you.
Hi Yaser
I have the same situation as you. Can you please let me know
1- If you applied for the Global Talent Visa for one year or for 3 years?
2- Did your dependents stay on the skilled worker dependent visa?
3- Were you able to extend their PBS dependent visa after you got ILR?

Many Thanks
Hi
1. I applied and got 1yr GTV
2. Yes they are.
3. They did not apply yet. Yes they can extend.
Thanks Yaser
So my understanding is that dependents who have a PBS visa can stay in it as long as it is valid and do not need to switch. Even if their visa is valid for a longer period than the main's visa, as main switches to a shorter visa.

kmhah1525
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:54 pm
Mood:
Moldova

Re: GTV switch for Dependents

Post by kmhah1525 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:15 pm

safdari_peyman wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:23 pm
yfaheem wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:01 pm
safdari_peyman wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:16 am
yfaheem wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:54 pm
Hello
I am going to apply for my GTV stage-2 (within 3 months) and become eligible for ILR by June 2022. My family is on PBS dependent work visa and can apply for ILR by Jan 2025. I need to ask few questions before switching as below;

1) should I apply for GTV for 1 yr only, i.e. until June 2023. How I extend my dependents visa after that (as I will potentially be on ILR that time) ?
2) Should I apply for GTV 3 yrs so that my dependents not need to extend until 2025 when they apply for ILR? But tin this case, I pay extra IHS for 2 yrs for myself.

Could you please advise and help making the decision. Thank you.
Hi Yaser
I have the same situation as you. Can you please let me know
1- If you applied for the Global Talent Visa for one year or for 3 years?
2- Did your dependents stay on the skilled worker dependent visa?
3- Were you able to extend their PBS dependent visa after you got ILR?

Many Thanks
Hi
1. I applied and got 1yr GTV
2. Yes they are.
3. They did not apply yet. Yes they can extend.
Thanks Yaser
So my understanding is that dependents who have a PBS visa can stay in it as long as it is valid and do not need to switch. Even if their visa is valid for a longer period than the main's visa, as main switches to a shorter visa.
Hi @safdari_peyman, I am in a similar situation as you have pointed out. I switched from Tier 2 to GTV, and will now be submitting the ILR application based on a shorter timeframe (3 years). However, my dependents are still on PBS Dependent visa and their visa is valid for another 2 years. They will be falling short by 18 days for ILR eligibility at the time of expiry of their visas. If you were able to find an appropriate answer to your situation, could you (or any one else with knowledge on this) please answer the following queries:

1. Am I right in understanding that the dependents do not need to switch at this time as their PBS dependent visa is still valid for another two years?

2. When their visa is about to expire, I will hopefully be a UK citizen by then, will they be allowed to apply an extension of their PBS dependent visa (which I believe will have to be for 3 years)?

Many thanks.

safdari_peyman
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:20 pm
Iran

Re: GTV switch for Dependents

Post by safdari_peyman » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:03 pm

kmhah1525 wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:15 pm
safdari_peyman wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:23 pm
yfaheem wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:01 pm
safdari_peyman wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:16 am
yfaheem wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:54 pm
Hello
I am going to apply for my GTV stage-2 (within 3 months) and become eligible for ILR by June 2022. My family is on PBS dependent work visa and can apply for ILR by Jan 2025. I need to ask few questions before switching as below;

1) should I apply for GTV for 1 yr only, i.e. until June 2023. How I extend my dependents visa after that (as I will potentially be on ILR that time) ?
2) Should I apply for GTV 3 yrs so that my dependents not need to extend until 2025 when they apply for ILR? But tin this case, I pay extra IHS for 2 yrs for myself.

Could you please advise and help making the decision. Thank you.
Hi Yaser
I have the same situation as you. Can you please let me know
1- If you applied for the Global Talent Visa for one year or for 3 years?
2- Did your dependents stay on the skilled worker dependent visa?
3- Were you able to extend their PBS dependent visa after you got ILR?

Many Thanks
Hi
1. I applied and got 1yr GTV
2. Yes they are.
3. They did not apply yet. Yes they can extend.
Thanks Yaser
So my understanding is that dependents who have a PBS visa can stay in it as long as it is valid and do not need to switch. Even if their visa is valid for a longer period than the main's visa, as main switches to a shorter visa.
Hi @safdari_peyman, I am in a similar situation as you have pointed out. I switched from Tier 2 to GTV, and will now be submitting the ILR application based on a shorter timeframe (3 years). However, my dependents are still on PBS Dependent visa and their visa is valid for another 2 years. They will be falling short by 18 days for ILR eligibility at the time of expiry of their visas. If you were able to find an appropriate answer to your situation, could you (or any one else with knowledge on this) please answer the following queries:

1. Am I right in understanding that the dependents do not need to switch at this time as their PBS dependent visa is still valid for another two years?

2. When their visa is about to expire, I will hopefully be a UK citizen by then, will they be allowed to apply an extension of their PBS dependent visa (which I believe will have to be for 3 years)?

Many thanks.
Hi
I successfully switch to the GTV three weeks ago and my wife remains in the PBS. So switching for the dependents is not necessary, even if you get ILR or citizenship.
1. Yes you are right.
2. As I understand it, the date of biometrics is important, if you book the date after completing 5 years, there should be no need for a 3-year extension. If you make this appointment before his/her visa expires, it will not be illegal for him or her to stay in the UK. But I'm not sure about this one.

Thanks

kmhah1525
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:54 pm
Mood:
Moldova

Re: GTV switch for Dependents

Post by kmhah1525 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:49 pm

safdari_peyman wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:03 pm
kmhah1525 wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:15 pm
safdari_peyman wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:23 pm
yfaheem wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:01 pm
safdari_peyman wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:16 am
yfaheem wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:54 pm
Hello
I am going to apply for my GTV stage-2 (within 3 months) and become eligible for ILR by June 2022. My family is on PBS dependent work visa and can apply for ILR by Jan 2025. I need to ask few questions before switching as below;

1) should I apply for GTV for 1 yr only, i.e. until June 2023. How I extend my dependents visa after that (as I will potentially be on ILR that time) ?
2) Should I apply for GTV 3 yrs so that my dependents not need to extend until 2025 when they apply for ILR? But tin this case, I pay extra IHS for 2 yrs for myself.

Could you please advise and help making the decision. Thank you.
Hi Yaser
I have the same situation as you. Can you please let me know
1- If you applied for the Global Talent Visa for one year or for 3 years?
2- Did your dependents stay on the skilled worker dependent visa?
3- Were you able to extend their PBS dependent visa after you got ILR?

Many Thanks
Hi
1. I applied and got 1yr GTV
2. Yes they are.
3. They did not apply yet. Yes they can extend.
Thanks Yaser
So my understanding is that dependents who have a PBS visa can stay in it as long as it is valid and do not need to switch. Even if their visa is valid for a longer period than the main's visa, as main switches to a shorter visa.
Hi @safdari_peyman, I am in a similar situation as you have pointed out. I switched from Tier 2 to GTV, and will now be submitting the ILR application based on a shorter timeframe (3 years). However, my dependents are still on PBS Dependent visa and their visa is valid for another 2 years. They will be falling short by 18 days for ILR eligibility at the time of expiry of their visas. If you were able to find an appropriate answer to your situation, could you (or any one else with knowledge on this) please answer the following queries:

1. Am I right in understanding that the dependents do not need to switch at this time as their PBS dependent visa is still valid for another two years?

2. When their visa is about to expire, I will hopefully be a UK citizen by then, will they be allowed to apply an extension of their PBS dependent visa (which I believe will have to be for 3 years)?

Many thanks.
Hi
I successfully switch to the GTV three weeks ago and my wife remains in the PBS. So switching for the dependents is not necessary, even if you get ILR or citizenship.
1. Yes you are right.
2. As I understand it, the date of biometrics is important, if you book the date after completing 5 years, there should be no need for a 3-year extension. If you make this appointment before his/her visa expires, it will not be illegal for him or her to stay in the UK. But I'm not sure about this one.

Thanks
Thank you. Your response for point 2 is very helpful, I think this can solve my problem easily.

Thank you

Post Reply
cron