ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COVID effect on visa processing and timing

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

estuarie

COVID effect on visa processing and timing

Post by estuarie » Mon May 11, 2020 2:08 pm

Good day,

Sorry if this information was posted and I missed it: has the lockdown affected the visa application process and decision time? What is the situation with UKVCAS appointments?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: COVID effect on visa processing and timing

Post by CR001 » Mon May 11, 2020 2:11 pm

Yes there are delays.

UKCVAS centres are currently closed!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon May 11, 2020 3:36 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

estuarie

Post by estuarie » Thu May 28, 2020 4:01 pm

Thank you, Moderators

I see Sopra say that they will start re-opening from 1 June. However, it is apparent that a substantial backlog can be anticipated.

Two questions in this connection:
- are applicants allowed to travel abroad between online submission and appointment if their visas are still valid?
- I came across information that the period between online submission and appointment should not exceed 45 days. Is that correct? And if so, given the COVID situation, has HO adopted a waiver or anything?

Thanks a lot

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu May 28, 2020 4:52 pm

estuarie wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 4:01 pm
Thank you, Moderators

I see Sopra say that they will start re-opening from 1 June. However, it is apparent that a substantial backlog can be anticipated.

Two questions in this connection:
- are applicants allowed to travel abroad between online submission and appointment if their visas are still valid?
- I came across information that the period between online submission and appointment should not exceed 45 days. Is that correct? And if so, given the COVID situation, has HO adopted a waiver or anything?

Thanks a lot
You cannot travel while you have a pending application as it will be considered withdrawn. The 45 days is not relevant now as all applications are delayed
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

estuarie

Post by estuarie » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:57 am

Hello forum members,

I applied yesterday for a PBS dependant child visa and, not surprisingly, was unable to get an appointment. Firstly, none of the centres which were supposed to be open from 22 June is actually open. Secondly, out of 10 open centres, none has any available appointments till end July, August is not yet seen.

There is very little guidance on UKVCAS webpage. Shall I keep checking available slots? Or will UKVCAS contact me directly when they clear out their existing backlog?

I failed to find a related discussion thread here as I guess it is a problem for many.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:59 am

estuarie wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:55 am
Hello forum members,

I applied yesterday for a PBS dependant child visa and, not surprisingly, was unable to get an appointment. Firstly, none of the centres which were supposed to be open from 22 June is actually open. Secondly, out of 10 open centres, none has any available appointments till end July, August is not yet seen.

There is very little guidance on UKVCAS webpage. Shall I keep checking available slots? Or will UKVCAS contact me directly when they clear out their existing backlog?

I failed to find a related discussion thread here as I guess it is a problem for many.
It is clearly stated on UKCVAS website that applicants biometric appointments will be available and scheduled in the order that people applied, so March first, then April, then May, etc. As you only applied yesterday, you are likely in for a bit of a wait. You will NOT be 'called directly'. Wait for an email or keep checking.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

estuarie

Post by estuarie » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:06 am

Thanks, CR001

Is there a thread here where people share their experiences of getting the appointments?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:13 am

Not for Tier 1 route applications. We only have them for ILR and Citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

estuarie

Post by estuarie » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:37 pm

Thanks, I've found them

Do you think it is a single queue for appointments for all application types or are there different streams?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:40 pm

estuarie wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:37 pm
Thanks, I've found them

Do you think it is a single queue for appointments for all application types or are there different streams?
Single queue for all applicants regardless of application category.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:13 pm

estuarie wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:37 pm
Thanks, I've found them

Please refer to and check the UKVCAS website. We do not have magic knowledge of the UKVCAS processing.