ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) stopped?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kimat
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) stopped?

Post by kimat » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:36 am

I am a businessman with decades of business experience as well as the financial capability to start a business in the UK. I have been planning and researching this for some time now and I believe that my proposed venture will contribute positively to the UK economy as well as contributing to job creation in the UK.

After preparing all the necessary paperwork and collecting the required documents, I visited VFS Global in Bahrain with my family to apply for the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa. The counter staff informed me that they have stopped accepting all applications for Tier 1 visas, I explained that I was not applying for Tier 1 (General), which I am aware has been stopped at present, but for Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) which is a different category. The counter staff then consulted with the supervisor and again informed me that all tier 1 visas had been stopped.

Could someone please confirm whether this is the current position of the UK government or is this a human error on part of VFS Global.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:56 am

Human error.
Annual limit for Tier 1 and Tier 2 visa applications wrote:The Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) route will be reformed to make it more attractive. We will introduce flexibilities and create a new avenue for promising start-up companies which do not meet our investment threshold.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kimat
Newly Registered

Post by kimat » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:14 am

Thanks for the response, Vinny. So what should I do to convince VFS Global to accept my application and forward it to the UK embassy for further action?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:53 am

Ask them to double-check with the Embassy.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kimat
Newly Registered

Post by kimat » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:18 pm

Finally was able to make them see logic and recheck with the embassy. Application accepted today!

kimat
Newly Registered

Post by kimat » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:31 pm

Received passport stamped with visa today!