ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Have not finished high school - what type of visa?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

michaelw
Newly Registered
Australia

Have not finished high school - what type of visa?

Post by michaelw » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:41 pm

My friend has not completed high school, but would like to immigrate to the UK.

What are her options? My reading is that she cannot be classified as "skilled" for the Tier 2 visa, regardless of how many points she can get. Is that right?

We are also looking at a Tier 4 visa as she wants to study as well. But are there other options we have missed - other types of visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Have not finished high school - what type of visa?

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:43 pm

What does she believe she can get points for to qualify for a Tier 2 visa? Note that tier 2 is for highly skilled migrants.

If she hasn't finished high school, what other educational qualification does she have to be able to get an employer to sponsor her?

Does she have any UK born grandparent?

What does she plan to study?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

michaelw
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by michaelw » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:29 am

Thanks for the response!

She has been working in Swaziland for 18 years for a British lady who is about to immigrate back to the UK, and who is willing to support her in finding a job and otherwise meeting the 70 points test. Her work has been as a maid, a home helper. I don't believe she has other education/qualifications. She doesn't have any UK born relatives.

She'd like to become a nurse, so she will likely first study an access to higher education program, and then study nursing. She will come with her son as a dependant.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:09 am

Unlikely that she qualifies under Tier 2 (General) at present.

It may help if she successfully train and becomes a nurse in her home country first.

Tier 4 (General) may be an option, but likely to be expensive and difficult.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.