ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 5 Entry date change

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Momus
Newly Registered
Australia

Tier 5 Entry date change

Post by Momus » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:06 am

I am going to apply for the Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa and head to the UK later this year.

From what I understand in the application I set an expected entry date, which would be the start date of the visa (?) and then I go to the UK then and pick up my BRP within a few days of arriving.

The question I have is, is it possible to move the entry date to an earlier date? (if my work situation changes here I want the option to head there ASAP). So is it possible to set the date for a long time int he future but later move it to an earlier date? What are the costs?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 5 Entry date change

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:09 am

Yes you can ask for a different date on the 30 day visa vignette. You have to apply for a new 30 day visa which costs £169 and takes a few days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Momus
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: Tier 5 Entry date change

Post by Momus » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:32 am

ok sweet!

Sounds like it's just a cost, time, and effort issue. I should be able to work with that.

Thanks heaps for the help!