ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

L1B vs L2 work permit

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

radish2018
Newly Registered
Mood:

L1B vs L2 work permit

Post by radish2018 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:36 pm

Hi,
Currently my spouse and & are looking into some opportunities that has come up via our respective work places.
Background: Spouse's company want to expand business in the US and is supportive of him taking up an opportunity for this purpose. He has the option to work remotely although his biz presence is mostly in the East coast. Although there is no specific start date, they would like their US initiative to start ASAP.

I have been working at a US based company in the UK for many years now and keen to move to HQ in CA for career growth. There are open roles I can apply and my company will support me in getting a L1 visa.

We have 2 options as we see:
Option 1) Either one of us can start the process and get an L1, with the spouse getting a L2 visa (eventually applying for an L2 work permit). That way only 1 of us is tied to our sponsor.

Option 2) We both follow our individual paths and get our respective L1 visas.

I am just wondering if either option is better than the other...? In all probability I will qualify for a L1B, while my spouse CAN possibly qualify for a L1A. Any thoughts on which option to take?

Any feedback on the experiences of procuring a L2 work permit is highly appreciated.

Thanks!