ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Cancelled HELP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

harooney87
Newly Registered

Visa Cancelled HELP

Post by harooney87 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:07 am

Hi I apologise if this is in the wrong section.

So my wife came to UK in December from Pakistan but our marriage has not worked out. I wrote to the Home Office to cancel her visa, which they have done and they wrote to her to advise her visa has been curtailed and due to cancel at the end of May. She has now gone back to Pakistan but says she plans to come back in the next 3 weeks which is before the end of May when her visa runs out.

Will she be able to enter the UK before the date when her visa runs out is my concern as i dont want her coming back. What can i do to stop her returning back to the UK BEFORE her visa runs out?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

H

vinny

Re: Visa Cancelled HELP

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:40 am

They should refuse her entry.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

harooney87
Newly Registered

Post by harooney87 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:58 am

Thanks is that for definite.

Dont want her coming back in 2 weeks time and they say to her that she needs to leave by end of may amd grant her entry till then. Only for her to go on the run or something.

harooney87
Newly Registered

Post by harooney87 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:13 am

Can anyone else advise??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:14 am

harooney87 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:13 am
Can anyone else advise??
Vinny has given advice and a link with information. Have you clicked on the link??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

harooney87
Newly Registered

Post by harooney87 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:22 am

Getting error when trying to open link.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:25 am

harooney87 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:22 am
Getting error when trying to open link.
Try the one below now. If still a problem, I will copy the text from the link for you.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/curt ... l#p1340471
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

harooney87
Newly Registered

Post by harooney87 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:10 am

Hi still unable to open. Could you kindly copy text. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:17 am

manci wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:52 am
....also from the caseworker guidance:

If you are curtailing leave so that some leave remains, you must also include the following line:

‘If you leave the UK your leave to enter or remain will lapse under Article 13(3) of the Immigration (Leave to Enter and Remain) Order 2000 and you may require a visa to enter the UK.’

This is to warn the migrant that, in accordance with the above Order, their curtailed leave will lapse if they leave the UK, so they will not be able to rely on that leave to re-enter the UK if they travel after their leave is curtailed.
manci wrote:
Tue May 05, 2015 11:32 am
Manchip wrote:Hi there. I received my curtailment letter and the date says i have to leave UK by 5th July 2015. I want to know weather my spouse who is outside the UK can come to the UK this month. Or will she be stopped on arrival.
if your spouse is a PBS dependant his/her leave would also have been curtailed.

curtailed leave lapses on "going to" a country outside the common travel area.

See 13(3) of the 2000 Act:
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/200 ... 90/part/IV

It is not entirely clear if such leave also lapses when one "is" outside the UK at the time of the curtailment. Common sense would suggest that it doesn't because people should be allowed to wind up their affairs in the UK before leaving.

Wait for others to comment. You could also call UKVI enquiries on 0300 123 2241 but their advice is not always reliable.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

harooney87
Newly Registered

Post by harooney87 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:20 am

Thanks for the info

I just dont want her to be allowed back in especially when we dont have a relationship. As there is no need for her to come back

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:48 pm

If you leave the UK during the period of curtailment of your visa you will not be allowed re-entry. If they attempt to return there is a high certainty they will be denied entry.