ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Holiday Insurance Recommendations

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ssbib

Holiday Insurance Recommendations

Post by ssbib » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:43 pm

Hello everyone. I hope you are all well. I am seeking some advice on holiday insurance and can use your input.

My wife is going for her FLR (M) next year in April and we have a holiday to Switzerland booked for July to celebrate her 30th birthday. I know that relying on the regular wait times for the FLR (M) to come through would come close to the line so we are going to pay for expedited service on this application.

Just in case there are problems I want to get some holiday insurance would cover us in the event the visa doesn’t come through and we have to cancel the holiday all together.

Do any of you know any policies that might offer this service?

Thanks in advance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Holiday Insurance Recommendations

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:51 pm

ssbib wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:43 pm
Hello everyone. I hope you are all well. I am seeking some advice on holiday insurance and can use your input.

My wife is going for her FLR (M) next year in April and we have a holiday to Switzerland booked for July to celebrate her 30th birthday. I know that relying on the regular wait times for the FLR (M) to come through would come close to the line so we are going to pay for expedited service on this application.

Just in case there are problems I want to get some holiday insurance would cover us in the event the visa doesn’t come through and we have to cancel the holiday all together.

Thanks in advance.
I don't think that anyone can recommend any but before you book any holiday trip read its terms & conditions. Better to use priority service by paying extra to get decision in 24 hrs if the application will be straightforward with all supporting documents.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ssbib

Post by ssbib » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:56 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:51 pm
ssbib wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:43 pm

Thanks in advance.
I don't think that anyone can recommend any but before you book any holiday trip read its terms & conditions. Better to use priority service by paying extra to get decision in 24 hrs if the application will be straightforward with all supporting documents.
The holiday is already booked. I think I might be able to move the dates if push comes to shove but we wouldn’t be there for her 30th, which is the whole point of the trip, if we do that.

I think we are going to pay for the rush to get it back in 2 weeks as that is all we will be able to afford. The 24 hour rush is super expensive I think. The two week rush should be more than enough anyway I would imagine.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:53 pm

Will it be FLRM extension and the first spouse visa was granted for 33 months which will expire in April. If yes then you can even apply 28 days before completing 30 months from the time of arriving to UK which could be even far earlier than April giving you enough time to meet your holiday plan in timely.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:59 pm

No travel insurance will cover you for delays due to a visa application being delayed. Insurance is for the inability to travel due to illness or a cancellation by your airline/train/ferry or holiday company. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ssbib

Post by ssbib » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:03 pm

Casa wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:59 pm
No travel insurance will cover you for delays due to a visa application being delayed. Insurance is for the inability to travel due to illness or a cancellation by your airline/train/ferry or holiday company. :idea:
Well that’s a shame. Thanks for the info.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:15 pm

If she needs a visa for Switzerland, she will also need evidence of having a UK visa that is valid for more than 3 or 6 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ssbib

Post by ssbib » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:48 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:15 pm
If she needs a visa for Switzerland, she will also need evidence of having a UK visa that is valid for more than 3 or 6 months.
We already have a Schengen visa that’s valid until sometime in 2021. We applied for our honeymoon in 2018 and they granted us one for 3 years, so that’s not an issue. Having this visa for 3 years has been a godsend and we’ve used it many times. We are hoping to use it again at the end of 2020 to go to Rome if we have the funds. It’s just getting back home again after the trip that I’m worried about. If the FLR (M) hasn’t come through we would have to cancel. I’m hopeful everything would be ok but just planning for the worst too.