ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Child First British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

algin8
Newly Registered

Overseas Child First British Passport

Post by algin8 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:55 pm

Hello Guys

We are in the process of applying for our Child's First British Passport from India.
I'd appreciate if anyone could kindly clarify the following points

1. ''BOTH parents British passports (we are naturalised citizens) must be submitted along with the application [to confirm citizenship at the time of conception]'' (Supporting Document Guide Aug 2014 page 5). My wife is in India who will be applying on behalf of our daughter and I am currently in the UK. I called HMPO who advised me to SEND my British passport to India so that my wife can submit it to VFS who will return it back to her after confirmation. Can anyone advise me if it is OK to courier my British Passport to India for this purpose while I am here in the UK?

2. ''One of the documents provided should show a link to the parent applying and show that the child and parent are living at the address given'' (Supporting Document Guide Aug 2014 page 3). Since my wife went to India while she was 30 weeks pregnant and currently living with her parents, the only document we can produce in this context is the Indian hospital record and hospital discharge summary. Is this going to be sufficient?

Many thanks in advance.

vinny

Re: Overseas Child First British Passport

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:27 pm

If child's mother was also naturalised prior to child's birth, then her documents, together with child's birth certificate, should be sufficient to establish that the child is automatically British under 2(1)(a).

Moreover, sending passports to a different country may be inappropriate.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

algin8
Newly Registered

Post by algin8 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:19 am

Hi Vinny

Thanks so much for getting back.

The rep at HMPO gave me two options regarding how I can provide my passport.
a) Courier my British Passport to India for my wife to take it to the nearest VFS & they'll have it returned after checking.
b) Wait until the passport application is submitted in India and get the application reference number and send the passport with a covering letter (mentioning the reference no) to Liverpool HMPO and they will have it returned to me in the UK.

I never read any such advise before so I am a bit reserved on these options.

Kindly suggest if anyone came across/done such a thing before.

cheers

algin8
Newly Registered

Post by algin8 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:02 pm

?? any help pls