ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused British Citizenship due to overstay

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

TOYOTA
Newly Registered

Refused British Citizenship due to overstay

Post by TOYOTA » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:59 pm

Hi All,
Could anyone please advise me on this subject matter,
I have applied naturalization in December 2018 and received refusal letter in March 2019 due to ill legal stay in between 2008-2011.
first arrived in the UK on student visa 2003
Multiple student visa extension has been granted until 31 December 2008
refused PSW visa December 2008
2 applications also have been refused in 2008 -2009 (student visa and human right application).
applied asylum in 2011 and has been granted asylum leave to remain 5 years
Granted ILR (refugee) in September 2016
Home office saying apply for naturalization in September 2021 (10 years after your overstaying ended )
shall I apply for reconsideration? any suggestion ??
regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Refused British Citizenship due to overstay

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:55 pm

If you had no legal status in the UK for those 3 years then you failed the good character requirement.

Apply again when you meet the requirement in 2 years time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:45 pm

But if you were a genuine refugee at the time of the overstaying, and was subsequently recognised as such, then the overstaying should not be held against you, their policy states that their policy will not be applied to refugees who entered illegally or breached lawful residence requirements because they were in fear of their life or safety.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

TOYOTA
Newly Registered

Post by TOYOTA » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:48 pm

Obie wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:45 pm
But if you were a genuine refugee at the time of the overstaying, and was subsequently recognised as such, then the overstaying should not be held against you, their policy states that their policy will not be applied to refugees who entered illegally or breached lawful residence requirements because they were in fear of their life or safety.
Yes, I was a genuine refugee at the time of the overstaying, there was fear of my family lives and safety since 2007.
but I have applied for the asylum in 2011 because I wasn't aware in my overstaying period that I can apply for the asylum and this has been accepted by the court.
regards