ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Super priority vs Priority

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pj87bets
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Taking Life in the UK test after ILR submission

Post by pj87bets » Wed May 31, 2023 11:44 am

Hi, I have submitted and paid for my ILR SET(M) application today. To the question 'Have you taken the life in the UK test' I answered No as I have not taken it yet but plan to soon. Have I done things in the wrong order here? If I take the test after my biometrics appointment can I upload the test result and still be ok? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Taking Life in the UK test after ILR submission

Post by CR001 » Wed May 31, 2023 12:06 pm

Definitely the wrong order. You should have done the test before you applied and submitted online.

Once you attend the biometric appointment, you are not able to upload/submit any further documents.

When is your biometric appointment and when are you doing the test?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 31, 2023 12:14 pm

I’m curious as to why the online SET(M) form allows applicants to submit it, without a life in the UK test reference number?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

pj87bets
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by pj87bets » Wed May 31, 2023 12:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 12:06 pm
Definitely the wrong order. You should have done the test before you applied and submitted online.

Once you attend the biometric appointment, you are not able to upload/submit any further documents.

When is your biometric appointment and when are you doing the test?
Thanks for the reply. Life in the UK test is booked for 24 June, biometrics I have now cancelled and will schedule for after the Life in the UK test. Can I upload a doc with the results of my test prior to the biometrics? Thanks again

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Wed May 31, 2023 12:40 pm

I second the question above, how someone can submit the application without a LIUK test reference number? I also would question why someone would submit an ILR application before doing and passing the test (knowing that it's a mandatory requirement)?

In the application, there is a specific field to put the unique reference number which is sent after you pass. I am not sure how you can upload this information once the application has been submitted and/or whether this will be accepted by UKVI.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed May 31, 2023 1:15 pm

lolo2 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 12:40 pm
I second the question above, how someone can submit the application without a LIUK test reference number? I also would question why someone would submit an ILR application before doing and passing the test (knowing that it's a mandatory requirement)?

In the application, there is a specific field to put the unique reference number which is sent after you pass. I am not sure how you can upload this information once the application has been submitted and/or whether this will be accepted by UKVI.
I suspect the form will not force you to put in the reference number. You may be able to leave it blank. Your application is ONLY sent to UKVI after the biometrics is submitted though
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

pj87bets
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by pj87bets » Wed May 31, 2023 1:22 pm

Sounds as though it might be cleaner/easier to just withdraw this application and start again following the Life in the UK test. Looking through the UKVI site it seems you can get a refund if you have not yet attended your biometrics appointment.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed May 31, 2023 1:24 pm

pj87bets wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 1:22 pm
Sounds as though it might be cleaner/easier to just withdraw this application and start again following the Life in the UK test. Looking through the UKVI site it seems you can get a refund if you have not yet attended your biometrics appointment.
That is a bad move. You can add the reference later during biometrics. There is no need to withdraw :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

pj87bets
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by pj87bets » Wed May 31, 2023 1:31 pm

zimba wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 1:24 pm
pj87bets wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 1:22 pm
That is a bad move. You can add the reference later during biometrics. There is no need to withdraw :!:
Thanks zimba, just upload it via the UKVCAS site as you would any other supporting doc?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed May 31, 2023 1:42 pm

Yes that works

pj87bets
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by pj87bets » Wed May 31, 2023 2:23 pm

zimba wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 1:42 pm
Yes that works
Just out of interest, what is the downside of withdrawing the application and starting again post Life in UK test?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed May 31, 2023 3:16 pm

Wasting time, having to pay again and not getting a refund for many weeks, delayed ILR. It is not a wise move

pj87bets
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Super priority vs Priority

Post by pj87bets » Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:24 am

Hi there, I keep logging in at 1am in the hope of booking a Priority Service but only seem to ever get the option for Super Priority or Standard. Does anyone know why this is? Are Priority slots released at a different time of day? Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Re: Super priority vs Priority

Post by meself2 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:36 am

What route are you applying for?

There's either priority or super priority available for some routes. See https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa ... ide-the-uk
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

pj87bets
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by pj87bets » Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:45 am

Thanks for that, I think that is the issue. Looking to apply for SET(M).

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:53 am

pj87bets wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:45 am
Thanks for that, I think that is the issue. Looking to apply for SET(M).
Yep, you can see by the link above it's only super priority (first column - priority, second - super priority).
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.