ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Remarriage after divorce

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bmo
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Remarriage after divorce

Post by Bmo » Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:04 am

If my fiancee is divorced from an EEA national and he current has permanent residence, can he apply for a spouse visa for me to come join him after we get married? At the back of his permanent residence card, it's stated 'family member of an European Union citizen'. He is a non - EU resident. Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Remarriage after divorce

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:35 am

Bmo wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:04 am
If my fiancee is divorced from an EEA national and he current has permanent residence, can he apply for a spouse visa for me to come join him after we get married? At the back of his permanent residence card, it's stated 'family member of an European Union citizen'. He is a non - EU resident. Thank you.
Yes he can if he is holding permanent residence card and you can meet all the requirements.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Bmo
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: what happens next after the EEA family permit is granted?

Post by Bmo » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:11 am

Hello please I have a question. My husband got his permanent residence through retained right. He has also got his settled status basis the EU rules. He's Nigerian. Can I apply for family permit as a Nigerian to come join him?
Thank you.

vinny

Re: what happens next after the EEA family permit is granted?

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:49 am

If your husband is not an EU/EEA/Swiss National, then no.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Re: Remarriage after divorce

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:56 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.