ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) based on child

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mao5677
Newly Registered
Nigeria

FLR(FP) based on child

Post by Mao5677 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:48 pm

Hello,

I am on tier 2 general work visa but was made redundant last year as a result of the pandemic which really affected the company I was working for. The HO hasn't informed me on what will happen next but I'm guessing it will be curtailment.

I applied for the FLR FP application on the basis of my child. I've been living with my EU partner for less than 2years with our 14-month-old daughter. I couldn't apply on the basis of unmarried partner because we haven't lived together for 2 years. We had the child in the UK and my partner is exercising her treaty rights, working and also getting child benefit.

It's over 8 weeks since I made the application and haven't heard anything from the HO.

Can someone please advise on the chances of being accepted, thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(FP) based on child

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:08 am

What nationality is the child?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Re: FLR(FP) based on child

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:16 am

Mao5677 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:48 pm
I couldn't apply on the basis of unmarried partner because we haven't lived together for 2 years.
There were exceptions based on having a child.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.