ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gulll

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by gulll » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:38 pm

hello all dear forum members, I want to make a quick query, applied ILR set LR on 11th of July, got my acknowledgement letter shortly dated 14th of July, but still waiting for biometrics invitation, as it's almost a month now.
my query is, how long does it take to arrive? my worry is if it's not lost in the post? can any member help me on this issue, what to do in this situation?
Many thanks in advance.

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:26 am

Sanju2014 wrote:Hi,
I am a silent reader of this forum. Just to let you all know my wife's ILR (SET LR) has been approved. Her timeline is,
Applied: 04/04/2014
Acknowledgement: 08/04/2014
Bio received: 16/04/2014
Bio done: 24/04/2014
Approval: 07/08/2014
Documents received:11/08/2014
Brp: waiting

My time line also same but I haven't received mine yet SET (LR).
Please guys pray for me and my prayers are with all who is waiting for their approvals.
Good luck.

Regard's
Sanju2014
Hi Sanju ,

Congratulation on the approval of your wife ILR , don't worry your will be arrive very soon as well .....so its seems both of you completed 10 years together ? ...can you plzz share some thing about your case ? how did u apply ? who was the main applicant through out the 10 years ?

Thanks

S.Akaram

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:30 am

gulll wrote:hello all dear forum members, I want to make a quick query, applied ILR set LR on 11th of July, got my acknowledgement letter shortly dated 14th of July, but still waiting for biometrics invitation, as it's almost a month now.
my query is, how long does it take to arrive? my worry is if it's not lost in the post? can any member help me on this issue, what to do in this situation?
Many thanks in advance.

HI Gull,

If you think that it's lost in post why don't you simply call them and ask 03001232241 ,

Hope it helps ,

Thnaks
S.Akaram

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:36 am

cool mind wrote:hello shahjee and others,
can resealable plastic bags can be used with set lr application to attach photographs, like below:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=resea ... B369%3B255
Hi Coolmind ,

Still you stuck on bags ? :shock:
God Bless you !

or i think coolmind is waiting for shahjee reply , Shahjee kindly reply this post as well :P

Regards ,

S.Akaram

redrosekhan
Newly Registered

Post by redrosekhan » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:44 am

hello friends
iam applying for my wie FLR M next week.
i recently got my ILR on long residency.
can anyone explain what is cat A and CAT B????? and which one i have to tick
i am working with the same employer since 2010 and my earning is over 20,000 per annum i got p60s and salary slips for all previous years.thats my only job dont have anyother job or selfemployement.
1.do i have to submit 12 months salary slips from august 2014 to august 2015 to prove my 18,600 income??
2.me and my wife have only oe bank account on our joint name which we dont actively use.apart from that account she dont have anyother thing on her name all bills,property papers,and all other documents are on my name
the only thing she have is visa approval letters iam confused now where to bring other bills from???
we do have birth certificates for our four kids showing our name and same address.
i can provide 2 years 6 items on my name but for my mrs i only have joint bank statment .
3.is natwest joint bank statment and natwest credit card on mrs name is same source?or we can count them as 2 sources???
please if any one reply to my post asap and tell me what to do ill be thankful.

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:42 am

timmoo wrote:
Babz wrote:
timmoo wrote:Dear All,

Currently I am on Tier-2 visa and my wife is on Tier-2 dependent visa. I complete my 10 years in UK on 11 Sep 2014, and my wife will complete 10 years on 29 Nov 2014 (she came about 1.5 months later to UK):-

1) Should I wait for my wife to complete her 10 years and then we apply for ILR same time, or is it okay for me to apply earlier (and her to apply in few weeks time)?
2) What documentation is required for Set(LR) application (we have all our previous passports with us)?
3) Thirdly, the application asks about the date of travels (in/out) of UK. Are we just required to put dates there, or do we also need to include any additional relevant documentation?

Many thanks in advance.
Well, regarding your ILR application, I'll advice you apply asap,any time from 14/08/14, which is 28 days to your arrival date. Why? HO is so unpredictable. How would you feel if the category was abolished ,say, next week?...So there's no point waiting for your wife to complete her 10 years before apply.

Since you have all your passports containing your visa stamps, that should do. And make sure you include your test of english lang and life in the UK test certs.

Regarding the dates of travel, the dates should be fine.No point including any additional documents
...All the best
Dear Babz,

Many thanks for the advice. I have already taken LIUK test, and have UK Masters degree to cover English language test, so I am all ready to apply end of this week.

Just to clarify if I understood correctly, sending my ILR application now will have no effect on my wife's situation (being my Tier-2 dependent). She would still be able to apply in Nov 2014 (i.e. when she completes her 10 years) ?

Kind regards,
Timmoo
Oh dear..I'd want someone with better knowledge on this to answer.....

However, from the little I know,it shouldn't affect your wife's situation.

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:39 am

Hello all , please help
I am in totally dilemma now since home office has brought the changes of forcing dependants to spend 5 years in order to get ILR. AS I am on Tier 1 General Visa which is expiring April 2016 and I will be completing 10 years next month September and was preparing for applying in Long residence visa category BUT this new changes mean that if I go for SET ( LR) route than my wife has to wait for 5 years to get ILR.

SO could you guys advise me whether should I apply for SET ( LR) next month or wait till April 2016 when my Tier 1 visa expire and apply under Tier 1 category for me and my wife. Which option is best? I am totally confused as I have been like many others waiting to complete my 10 years and apply for ILR. Please Advise.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:23 am

Shahkakaram wrote:
cool mind wrote:hello shahjee and others,
can resealable plastic bags can be used with set lr application to attach photographs, like below:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=resea ... B369%3B255
Hi Coolmind ,

Still you stuck on bags ? :shock:
God Bless you !

or i think coolmind is waiting for shahjee reply , Shahjee kindly reply this post as well :P

Regards ,

S.Akaram
Hi cool mind and S. Akaram,
S. Akaram Bahi we need members with good sense of humour like you :lol:
Cool mind regards to your question, I would say please don't put them in a bag, as you can see the instructions clearly says that they want it in a resealable small envelope, not a plastic see through bag. Frankly things like this doesn't really matter much, the only thing is you have to make your application look presentable, so if you ask me I will prefer a small resealable envelope rather than a bag.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:16 am

Miangee wrote:Hi all members
Can some one help me out plz
I was granted ILR on 10 years in April and my wife was granted 2 years spouse visa in April 14 In old rules as she is here with me from last 7 years as student dependent so I want to apply my wife ILR as she already has passed 2 year period
I am confused as I went to a very well known solicitor who told me that she can't apply ILR and must need to wait end of two years as she was student dependent not tier 1 or tier 2 dependent so I double minded and don't want to lost money in shape of refusal
any one student has applied wife's ILR on same ground or situation or any senior Member plz shed on this and help me
Thanks
Hi Miangee,
In my humble opinion you Solicitor have a point, but that is the problem going to these Solicitors, they have this tunnel vision, and they can't think outside it. Your Solicitor is suggesting you this because your wife was a student dependent, and being a student dependent she was not on route to settlement like any other category dependent.
If you ask my honest opinion, you should book a PEO appointment and go for SET(M), you don't need any Solicitor for that. The most that could get wrong is God forbid they say to your Mrs that she is not eligible to apply for settlement yet, and they will give you the grounds why. They might keep £100 as their administrative fee and return you the rest of your fee. I know it is running a risk, but there have been many cases on this forum of student dependents getting ILR straight after their FLR(M). It is worth taking a chance, otherwise it is 2 years wait without knowing that your Mrs might have been eligible for ILR straight away.
Wishing you all the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

march_ilr

Post by march_ilr » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:49 am

Hi forum member!

I contacted nationality checking service in my council today for my son's MN1 application. They said no appointment in available in three weeks time.

Could any body please tell me from their experience whether it is worth waiting three weeks for this checking service before i send my MN1 form? How long it normally takes these days without this service?

Could anybody please confirm me that they have used a solicitor (who is NOT representing the applicant) as a referee for their child and was successful?

kind regards;
march_ilr
Applied for FREEDOM on the 20th March

mind202
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mind202 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:52 am

hi,
if someone know home office has changed number for contact centre. i have tried to call 3 different occasions ,latest call was at 9.48 am.machine said centre is currently closed..

Siko

Post by Siko » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:56 am

mind202 wrote:hi,
if someone know home office has changed number for contact centre. i have tried to call 3 different occasions ,latest call was at 9.48 am.machine said centre is currently closed..
Hi
Try this one plz
0300 123 2241

12years

Post by 12years » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:29 am

Hi all,

Below is a summary of history

1st Visa 7-Sep-04 30-Aug-05 (Student Visa)
2nd Visa 18-Aug-05 31-Oct-08 (Student Visa)
3rd Visa 29-Oct-08 29-Oct-10 (PSW)
4th Visa 3-Dec-10 30-Apr-15 (Student Visa)

(I left the country on the 29/10/2010 and applied out of country for the 4th visa hence, I left when I had a valid leave on exit and returned with a valid leave).

Documents to be Submitted:

1) Filled SET(LR) form.
2) 2 passport photos.
3) All passports covering 10 years
4) Life in the UK test pass.
5) UK master's degree certificate and transcripts.
6) Photocopies of; passports, life in the UK test pass and UK master's degree certificate and transcripts.

NB. I have never had a BRP.

Questions:

1) Have I missed out any required documents?

2) I came into the country on the 16th September 2004. From what date can I send in my application?

3) If I will NOT be sending in any bank statements or utility bills do I still have to fill in Section 5 page 22 and 23 of SET(LR) form ?

Thanks for reading and looking forward to your opinions.

Regards.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:47 am

shahjee1234 wrote: Hi cool mind and S. Akaram,
S. Akaram Bahi we need members with good sense of humour like you :lol:
Cool mind regards to your question, I would say please don't put them in a bag, as you can see the instructions clearly says that they want it in a resealable small envelope, not a plastic see through bag. Frankly things like this doesn't really matter much, the only thing is you have to make your application look presentable, so if you ask me I will prefer a small resealable envelope rather than a bag.
Kind regards
Shahjee
touché :D

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:59 am

12years wrote:
Questions:

1) Have I missed out any required documents?

2) I came into the country on the 16th September 2004. From what date can I send in my application?

3) If I will NOT be sending in any bank statements or utility bills do I still have to fill in Section 5 page 22 and 23 of SET(LR) form ?
1. Don't think so (photocopies?)

2. Any day on or after 19th Aug

3. Good question - I'm interested to know the answer to this as well. I guess default will be to sign anyway

aurnoc

Post by aurnoc » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:08 am

Category A is for employees and Category B is for self-employeed.

You have to tick Cat A and include 6 months payslips and corresponding bank statements.

2. NHS registration letters, any letters from kids' schools, she must be getting letters from NHS regarding smear test, phone bills, online grocery bills. If nothing then go to your GP and get a letter stating that she has been registered there since such n such date.

3. In desperate times, list joint bank statement as one document and her credit card statement as an individual document. Thats what i did. Check your email bro!
redrosekhan wrote:hello friends
iam applying for my wie FLR M next week.
i recently got my ILR on long residency.
can anyone explain what is cat A and CAT B????? and which one i have to tick
i am working with the same employer since 2010 and my earning is over 20,000 per annum i got p60s and salary slips for all previous years.thats my only job dont have anyother job or selfemployement.
1.do i have to submit 12 months salary slips from august 2014 to august 2015 to prove my 18,600 income??
2.me and my wife have only oe bank account on our joint name which we dont actively use.apart from that account she dont have anyother thing on her name all bills,property papers,and all other documents are on my name
the only thing she have is visa approval letters iam confused now where to bring other bills from???
we do have birth certificates for our four kids showing our name and same address.
i can provide 2 years 6 items on my name but for my mrs i only have joint bank statment .
3.is natwest joint bank statment and natwest credit card on mrs name is same source?or we can count them as 2 sources???
please if any one reply to my post asap and tell me what to do ill be thankful.

aurnoc

Post by aurnoc » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:16 am

Babz wrote:
timmoo wrote:Dear All,

Just to clarify if I understood correctly, sending my ILR application now will have no effect on my wife's situation (being my Tier-2 dependent). She would still be able to apply in Nov 2014 (i.e. when she completes her 10 years) ?

Kind regards,
Timmoo

Oh dear..I'd want someone with better knowledge on this to answer.....

However, from the little I know,it shouldn't affect your wife's situation.
Babz is right. You should apply for your ILR and it will not have any effect on your wife's situation. Its an individual application for yourself. Apply for her ILR when she is eligible in Nov.

aurnoc

Post by aurnoc » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:18 am

No news from Mrs P?

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:30 am

Hello Members
II have asked a question in a different thread, could someone have a look please.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1072465
V

rashenikki
Newly Registered

Re: Time Line for SET (LR) 10yrs Application

Post by rashenikki » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:41 am

Thanks Shahjee.

Nikki

Applied SET(LR) - 18/07/2014
Acknowledgement Letter Recieved - 26/07/2014
Bio Letter Recieved - 9/08/2014 dated 06/08/2014
Bio Done - 12/08/2014
Decision - Waiting

shahjee1234 wrote:
rashenikki wrote:Hi Shahjee,

Thanks for your reply.

can i update this with my timeline or who does?

Regards,
Nikki
Hi Nikki,
Looks like you are new to the forum. You can check every one's time lines on google drive. The link to the page is

you can check on google drive how it's going. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee
[/quote]

Hi Nikki,
I am really sorry I haven't got access to the google drive, but if you give a request in here, and let us know about your time line, some kind member will definitely update it for you. Thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee
[/quote]

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:02 pm

bharatsharma wrote:Hello all , please help
I am in totally dilemma now since home office has brought the changes of forcing dependants to spend 5 years in order to get ILR. AS I am on Tier 1 General Visa which is expiring April 2016 and I will be completing 10 years next month September and was preparing for applying in Long residence visa category BUT this new changes mean that if I go for SET ( LR) route than my wife has to wait for 5 years to get ILR.

SO could you guys advise me whether should I apply for SET ( LR) next month or wait till April 2016 when my Tier 1 visa expire and apply under Tier 1 category for me and my wife. Which option is best? I am totally confused as I have been like many others waiting to complete my 10 years and apply for ILR. Please Advise.
Hi bharatsharma,
I don't blame you for being in a dilemma what to do. You have two clear paths, first one to go for the universal rule of " A bird in hand is better than two in the bush" mean go for your SET(LR) and at least you make sure that you get your ILR first and your family although will take some time but will be sorted eventually.
Your second choice is to be brave and say that you and your Mrs are already on route to settlement through your Tier 1 General, although you have to wait for it till April 2016, but that at least guarantees you and your Mrs both getting the ILR together.
So thinking about both the options, now I have to give you my honest and brotherly advice, I was in the exact same situation back in February this year, at that time the SET(LR) dependents were going for straight ILR after the main sponsor get their ILR, and my Tier 1 was running out in July 2015, but the choice was easy for me, I went for my ILR on SET(LR) and my wife and daughter just avoided the 6th April rule change and got the FLR(M) for 2 years and then straight SET(M) ILR.
The thing is that at the time of my ILR application I thought that my wife could apply straight ILR, but by the time her visa time came, you can see the rules were so drastically changed that if she would have applied a few days late than she would have to wait 5 years to get her ILR, I mean to say nothing is guaranteed mate, you might wait for April 2016 thinking your wife will get sorted with you, you never know Home Office can shift the goal post at any time and come up with a new rule regards to PBS dependents, than what will you do ?
I would say you better go for the option which is there first and that is SET(LR).
What ever you do my prayers and best wishes be with you.
Kind regards
Shahjee

jacki121
Newly Registered

Post by jacki121 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:11 pm

Hi Guys

I am wondering does the normal royal post deliver the BRP or the DX?

I am still waiting and dont know which courier will deliver it?!!

thanks

IShahzad
Newly Registered

Post by IShahzad » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:15 pm

Alhamdulillah
A quick post
I have received my biometric card today
Applied on 28th march
Did not received any approval letter or any documents yet
Received card first today
Thanks to all members here as well

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:24 pm

jacki121 wrote:Hi Guys

I am wondering does the normal royal post deliver the BRP or the DX?

I am still waiting and dont know which courier will deliver it?!!

thanks
Hi jacki121,
DX is suppose to deliver your BRP, but obviously depends as and when they receive it from the Home Office. Why don't you give them a call and ask that you are expecting a BRP card from Home Office and that you don't have a reference number for them, they will ask for your name and address and check it for you, if there is any thing for you. The numbers for them are
08443710000 and 08443713335
All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

jacki121
Newly Registered

Post by jacki121 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:25 pm

IShahzad wrote:Alhamdulillah
A quick post
I have received my biometric card today
Applied on 28th march
Did not received any approval letter or any documents yet
Received card first today
Thanks to all members here as well

Hello and congrats to you.

One question if you could answer plz;

did the normal royal mail deliver your biometric or DX?

Thanks