ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does EEA residence card make you an EEA Citizen?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

haringnl83
Newly Registered

Does EEA residence card make you an EEA Citizen?

Post by haringnl83 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:15 pm

I'm filling out my Vietnamese step-daughters school application form and it asks whether she has EEA Citizenship and I don't know how to answer this. She has an EEA Residence card in her password.

Thanks for your help.

Hubba

Re: Does EEA residence card make you an EEA Citizen?

Post by Hubba » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:50 pm

haringnl83 wrote:I'm filling out my Vietnamese step-daughters school application form and it asks whether she has EEA Citizenship and I don't know how to answer this. She has an EEA Residence card in her password.

Thanks for your help.
No, it doesn't. For that one needs be a citizen of an EEA country.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:42 pm

Well, for any administrative purposes she should be treated the same way as EEA citizen. However, many application forms do not distinguish between "EEA citizen" and "family member of EEA citizen" (i.e., do not have special separate category for "EEA family members"). So sometimes one has to choose "EEA citizen" to get benefits to which one is entitled.
if it is a paper form and comments can me added, add "family member of'' (below/above/on the left..)
There is a risk that if you do not mark her as EEA citizen she could not be given a treatment she is entitled to.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:40 pm

You write that she is a Vietnamese citizen because that is what she is. The school will take a copy of her passport and her residence card for their records.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.