ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK problem

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chibakun

Life in the UK problem

Post by chibakun » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:34 pm

My wife needs to pass life in the UK test so we can apply for set m in early January.

She's failed once and will resit soon.

Thing is, she is due to give birth to our daughter in November. She will sit the test soon, but after that I'm not sure if she will be able to go out until December. It's all really happening at the wrong time and she's being VERY stressed out.

I guess it's not worth applying for set m without that certificate, is it? Just a waste of £2000, just for a robot to day no.

I can't really leave my parents in the UK alone, so I'm not going to be able to leave with her if she gets booted.

Great start to my daughters life, no dad. But hey , it's OK to let in Europeans that can't even speak English.

Casa

Re: Life in the UK problem

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:46 pm

If your wife fails the Life in the UK test, apply for a FLR(M) extension and then apply for her ILR once she passes.

A2 level English is required for FLR(M)
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

chibakun

Post by chibakun » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:49 pm

Casa wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:46 pm
If your wife fails the Life in the UK test, apply for a FLR(M) extension and then apply for her ILR once she passes.

A2 level English is required for FLR(M)
Oh OK, thanks. Worst case , but at least we can stay together.

AdInfernos
Spain

Post by AdInfernos » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:37 pm

chibakun wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:34 pm

Great start to my daughters life, no dad. But hey , it's OK to let in Europeans that can't even speak English.
Possibly because UK citizens have the same rights in the EU? Possibly because the EU is based on four freedoms and one of those is the freedom of movement for citizens?

Sorry mate. It it's not our fault that other countries have not implemented such an extraordinary idea.

But hey, it seems that you'll be one of those happy to stay in their little Britain after Brexit. Good luck because you'll be removing from your children the right to freely move to 27+ great countries.

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:59 pm

Calm her down, study,

remember the basics of this very simple multiple choice,

1. cross off the clear non correct answers and guess among the rest
2. make a mark on questions you are not sure of so you can go back

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:31 pm

If your wife finds it easier to understand the spoken word, she can choose to listen to the questions on headphones while they are also displayed on the computer screen. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:01 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.