ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent (PBS) Extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2

mhraja
Pakistan

Tier 2 Dependent (PBS) Extension

Post by mhraja » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:39 pm

Hi, my wife who is currently on Tier 2 Dependent Visa needs to apply for visa extension.

She can apply online as PBS Dependent Self within Country. Although, I have few questions:

I have already transferred to ILR from Tier 2 General. However it still asks for the Type of Visa I was on when selected Tier 2 it asks for CoS.
What is the length of Mr ****'s Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)?
3 years or less
Shall I still give the information about the CoS I was issues when I extended the Tier 2 Visa.

Supporting Documents:
It only asks for 4 documents

Passport, BRP, Passport Sized Photos and State from Bank/Financial Institute for maintenance of funds.

Are these documents enough for the extension? I remember when she applied first time we had to give lot documents of proof of relationship etc?

talhachohan
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 Dependent (PBS) Extension

Post by talhachohan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:06 pm

I actually have the same question as I am in the similar situation. Last year I paid for up to 3 years dependant fee for her entry clearance, even though my CoS was for more than 3 years and she was granted the visa. However, at that time there on the UKVI application website, they asked if you want to apply for up to 3 years or more than 3 years category instead of asking the CoS type of the main applicant. The Fee for more than 3 years is ridiculous, even though the maximum leave she'll get regardless of the fee is 3 years.

mhraja
Pakistan

Post by mhraja » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:41 am

talhachohan wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:06 pm
I actually have the same question as I am in the similar situation. Last year I paid for up to 3 years dependant fee for her entry clearance, even though my CoS was for more than 3 years and she was granted the visa. However, at that time there on the UKVI application website, they asked if you want to apply for up to 3 years or more than 3 years category instead of asking the CoS type of the main applicant. The Fee for more than 3 years is ridiculous, even though the maximum leave she'll get regardless of the fee is 3 years.
Was she only granted one year Visa last year when you applied?

mhraja
Pakistan

Post by mhraja » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:43 am

IHS Fee:
In IHS Fee column, it again asks for Main Applicant's Visa expiry date.

My ILR expiry date is Dec 2024. If I give that date, it calculate the IHS Fee to be £1,500.

Shall I give this expiry date and will I get the refund after her visa application is processed.

Thanks,

talhachohan
Newly Registered

Post by talhachohan » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:28 pm

Yes, she was only granted 1year and a few months visa as myself the main applicant on Tier 2 had only a year and few months left on the BRP. However, I became eligible for ILR based on 5 year continuous period on Tier-2 way before that expiry and switched to ILR a few months back.

As for your question regarding IHS, I've read on this forum that you probably only need pay 600 for 3 year extension and mention the IHS reference number therein the application. I am still figuring out how to do that though.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:49 pm

talhachohan wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:28 pm
As for your question regarding IHS, I've read on this forum that you probably only need pay 600 for 3 year extension and mention the IHS reference number therein the application. I am still figuring out how to do that though.
Pay IHS separately on the IHS website :idea: :idea:

See how this user managed.
uk-tier-1-general-visas/pbs-dependant-e ... l#p1534974
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

talhachohan
Newly Registered

Post by talhachohan » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:56 pm

Interestingly though regarding your original question I've noticed that if the dependant applies outside UK which is mostly the case for entry clearance they use the following link to apply online:

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/Account/login

However, in case of applying from within UK which is mostly the case for leave to remain the following link is used for applying online:

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/next

In the former link, the dropdown looks like this

Whereas in the later link it looks like this:

And the application fee will be decided based on what you select. Note that my CoS was more than 3 years and I selected General partner upto 3 years for my wife's entry clearance application last year and it was successful. However, I am not sure if I can do the same for her leave to remain application this time, will it have the same result? Or will it fall under false representation if I select that my CoS was less than 3 years?

Will be greatly appreciated if any of the experts on this forum can answer this.
Last edited by talhachohan on Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:01 pm

A PBS Dependent visa extension in the UK will be issued for 3 years, regardless of your CoS length, when the main applicant holds ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

talhachohan
Newly Registered

Post by talhachohan » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:11 pm

CR001 thanks for prompt response. I know this, however, my question is regarding the answer to the mandatory question in the application which is

What is the CoS length of the main applicant?

Because applicant's have to answer this, is it ok to say "three years or less", even though the main applicant had a more than 3 year CoS?

The answer to this question decides what applicant will pay for the visa application. Which is either £677 or £1354. :shock: :?

People in this thread also have the same confusion
uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/pbs- ... 38860.html

mhraja
Pakistan

Post by mhraja » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:02 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:49 pm
talhachohan wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:28 pm
Pay IHS separately on the IHS website :idea: :idea:

See how this user managed.
uk-tier-1-general-visas/pbs-dependant-e ... l#p1534974
Hi CR001, thank you for the input. So I have created a new account on IHS website and have added my details.

Visa Route: PBS Dependant (Tier 1,2 and 5)
Visa Type: Any other part of Tier 2 because I don't get Tier 2 General upto 3 years option in dropdown.

Images removed due to containing personal identifiable information

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:33 pm

Please upload the images again and please black out the passport number and date of birth.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mhraja
Pakistan

Post by mhraja » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:33 pm
Please upload the images again and please black out the passport number and date of birth.
Thanks CR001, reloaded images as as below:

Imagehttps://ibb.co/c6w4cm
Imagehttps://ibb.co/m0t6q6

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:12 pm

Should be fine yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

talhachohan
Newly Registered

Post by talhachohan » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:42 pm

talhachohan wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:11 pm
CR001 thanks for prompt response. I know this, however, my question is regarding the answer to the mandatory question in the application which is

Because applicant's have to answer this, is it ok to say "three years or less", even though the main applicant had a more than 3 year CoS?

The answer to this question decides what applicant will pay for the visa application. Which is either £677 or £1354. :shock: :?

A comment on above in the light of the immigration rules from the experts or anyone who has experienced this dilemma will be greatly appreciated and shall help save a lot of money to people in similar situation.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:17 pm

talhachohan wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:42 pm
talhachohan wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:11 pm

A comment on above in the light of the immigration rules from the experts or anyone who has experienced this dilemma will be greatly appreciated and shall help save a lot of money to people in similar situation.

Thanks
Can you start or post in your own topic please. Posting in user 'mhraja' topic is simply creating confusion.

See Q12 in link below.

announcements/read-me-getting-started-t ... 24804.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Rambo_ILR
India

Post by Rambo_ILR » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:49 pm

I have recently applied for my 2 dependant application, I only paid £600 IHS each although my ILR expiring Dec 2024

I entered my BRP expiry date 3 years from now and it calculated £1200 – I stated this in the cover letter.

And I don’t think there is any issues in selecting Tier 2 General  Shortage Occupation 3 years or less for in country application. I totally paid £892 + £1200 (postal application)

Only submitted their passport + BRP + 2 photos each and bank statement showing £1260. I would say don’t worry about COS anymore as its irrelevant to the dependant application now as you are on ILR.

All it matters is either you apply for 3 year visa or 5 year visa for dependant under same category as you were on Tier 2 that lead you to ILR

Hope this helps

abhinavm1
Newly Registered
India

Post by abhinavm1 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:24 pm

MHRAJA..Please let us know how did you get around with the below situation?