ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 to ILR

Post by aman90 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:47 am

So just to confirm, I should just list them as three “different” Full time “jobs”?
Yes
2) Yes you are right but I was wondering that the job nature and job title is similar to the one i declared before (job 2) or it does not matter?

Doesn’t matter

3) Should I mention this in the cover letter that I am applying under the transitional arrangement? something like this as follows?

“1. Job Creation:
I am applying under the pre 6th April 2014 transitional arrangement. The most recent grant of leave (extension) was granted less than 12 months ago, hence claiming points for 12 months immediately before the date of my current application (1st Jan 2019)

Claiming points for full time 30hrs/week:
a) “employee name aaa” for 12 months (52 weeks)
b) “employee name bbb” for 8 months (35 weeks)
c) “employee name ccc” for 4 months (17 weeks)

Doesn’t matter either but for your peace of mind
4) Also can/should I mention in the cover letter a one liner at the end of cover letter “I trust that my application is complete in all aspects. It took 16 months for the processing of my previous application (extension) which severely affected my professional and personal life. This time, I hope for an early decision on my ILR application”

No point

Just wondering if I should mention my previous extension nightmare. Would it do any harm?

The case worker’s job isn’t to empathise with you.

Thank you
[/quote]

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:49 am

Thanks for your reply aman
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:52 am

tier11417 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:25 am
Under the pre April 2014 transitional arrangement:

a) “Employee 1” for 12 months (Job 1)
b) “Employee 2” for 8 months (Job 2)
c) “Employee 3” for 4 months (Job 3)

Please can someone clarify:

OPTION 1
Do I list three “employees” under three different “job” titles?

Job 1
Employee 1 for 12 months

Job 2
Employee 2 for 8 months

Job 3
Employee 3 for 4 months

Job 2 and Job 3 have not lasted for 12 months. But if I am correct I can still list them as three different jobs under the transitional arrangements although the online form does not cater for that? So that would make an equivalent 24 months of FT jobs.

OR

OPTION 2

Job1:
Employee 1 for 12 months

Job2:
Employee 2 for 8 months
Employee 3 for 4 months

(Note: worked FT & parallel with different job titles)

Do i combine employee B & C to make a 12 month period? I have read on this forum combining them can make case worker only calculate 30 hours a week and discard the rest.

Should i go for option 1 or 2?

Thank you
Keep it simple and straightforward. Option 1

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:55 am

It creates confusion cz the online form clearly says one job should last for 12 months as it disregards the transitional arrangements but I think its best to mention that in the cover letter as caseworker can make a human error also. Thanks
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:56 am

aman90 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:52 am
tier11417 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:25 am
Under the pre April 2014 transitional arrangement:

a) “Employee 1” for 12 months (Job 1)
b) “Employee 2” for 8 months (Job 2)
c) “Employee 3” for 4 months (Job 3)

Please can someone clarify:

OPTION 1
Do I list three “employees” under three different “job” titles?

Job 1
Employee 1 for 12 months

Job 2
Employee 2 for 8 months

Job 3
Employee 3 for 4 months

Job 2 and Job 3 have not lasted for 12 months. But if I am correct I can still list them as three different jobs under the transitional arrangements although the online form does not cater for that? So that would make an equivalent 24 months of FT jobs.

OR

OPTION 2

Job1:
Employee 1 for 12 months

Job2:
Employee 2 for 8 months
Employee 3 for 4 months

(Note: worked FT & parallel with different job titles)

Do i combine employee B & C to make a 12 month period? I have read on this forum combining them can make case worker only calculate 30 hours a week and discard the rest.

Should i go for option 1 or 2?

Thank you
Keep it simple and straightforward. Option 1
Thank you

bajo85
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by bajo85 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:14 am

marcnath wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 6:30 pm
My application is pinned to the top of this forum as a sample application. You can find all the details there
Dear @Marcnath, I couldn’t find you pinned ILR POST please share the link in your reply.

Thank You

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:16 am

bajo85 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:14 am
marcnath wrote:
My application is pinned to the top of this forum as a sample application. You can find all the details there
Dear @Marcnath, I couldn’t find you pinned ILR POST please share the link in your reply.

Thank You
uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/an-example ... 34487.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bajo85
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by bajo85 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:37 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:16 am
bajo85 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:14 am
marcnath wrote:

Thank You
uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/an-example ... 34487.html
Thank you madam ☺️

rock05
United Kingdom

Post by rock05 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:24 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:48 am
Dear Marcnath,

Please can you confirm my list of documents/evidence for ILR via Tier 1. Just want to make sure I am well prepared.

1) SET O online
2) Passports & BRP
3) Life in UK pass certificate
4) Employee RTI FPS
5) Employee Wage Slips
6) Employee UK/EEA passport copy
7) 1 month business bank statement
8 CT603 - original HMRC notice to deliever tax
9) Companies House Report - CAR and company filling history
10 3 months personal bank statements
11) Accountant letter confirming 24 months of FT job creation (I know this is not required in my case but I plan to send (optional)
12) Cover letter (optional)

Q1) I plan to submit CT603 dated June 2018 to prove company is registered for CT. I can also submit CT600 but trying to avoid as my company is in loss. Will only CT603 be safe or should I send CT600 also?

Thank you 😊
Hi Tier11417,
do we need to provide employees passport only , what about National insurance proof?
Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:27 pm

Passport copies only

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:48 pm

Dear Marcnath, Aman and all members,

I am almost finalising my documents and will be applying in around 2 weeks. The rules keep changing so just want to make sure I have everything and not missing on anything as per the current rules. Please give a comment.

1) SET O online & Signed Verification Consent form
2) All Passports & BRP
4) UK University Degree
5) Employee RTI FPS (12 months)
6) Employee Wage Slips
7) Employee UK/EEA passport copy
8|1 month business bank statement (original, latest)
9) CT603 (original 2018) & CT600 (latest 2018)
10. CAR (£3 paid one)
11) 3 months personal bank statements (optional)
12) Accountant letter (generic letter confirming company details, VAT details, PAYE etc) (optional)
13) Cover letter (optional)

Thank you

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:38 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:48 pm

I am almost finalising my documents and will be applying in around 2 weeks. The rules keep changing so just want to make sure I have everything and not missing on anything as per the current rules. Please give a comment.

2) All Passports & BRP
4) UK University Degree
6) Employee Wage Slips
10. CAR (£3 paid one)
12) Accountant letter (generic letter confirming company details, VAT details, PAYE etc) (optional)

Thank you
All good!
I would add the CT41G & PAYE reference letter as both legitimise business registration and job creation from the very beginning.(if I’m not mistaken someone posted the HO asked for the former). The HO shall conducts its own checks obviously but just to save time and energy later if requested.
The RTI FPS shows the PAYE ref and the reference letter issued in the beginning confirms it
Cover letter only important if ur case is complex.
Accountant letter only if you took over an existing business or created jobs after extension
If the form doesn’t ask for ur financial situation then why back it up with personal bank statements
If ur a paid director it shows up on the RTI FPS.
CT603 is unimportant as it’s a notice to deliver only.
I don’t get why you paid for CAR. A print would have been enough as it states the date of download. Company info is public knowledge anyways.
You mentioned EEA passports, in case you have a spouse on PR don’t forget to add sponsors ID and marriage cert.
It’s a delicate balancing act of providing the most relevant documents and saving ur own energy on non essentials.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:48 pm

aman90 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:38 pm
tier11417 wrote:

2) All Passports & BRP
4) UK University Degree
6) Employee Wage Slips
10. CAR (£3 paid one)

Thank you
All good!
I would add the CT41G & PAYE reference letter as both legitimise business registration and job creation from the very beginning.(if I’m not mistaken someone posted the HO asked for the former). The HO shall conducts its own checks obviously but just to save time and energy later if requested.
The RTI FPS shows the PAYE ref and the reference letter issued in the beginning confirms it
Cover letter only important if ur case is complex.
Accountant letter only if you took over an existing business or created jobs after extension
If the form doesn’t ask for ur financial situation then why back it up with personal bank statements
If ur a paid director it shows up on the RTI FPS.
CT603 is unimportant as it’s a notice to deliver only.
I don’t get why you paid for CAR. A print would have been enough as it states the date of download. Company info is public knowledge anyways.
You mentioned EEA passports, in case you have a spouse on PR don’t forget to add sponsors ID and marriage cert.
It’s a delicate balancing act of providing the most relevant documents and saving ur own energy on non essentials.
Thank you for your detailed response.
1) I dont think I have CT41G as I could not find it. I do have the original PAYE reference letter I can include that?
2) I am including cover letter only cz I fall under the transitional arrangement and also under the new rule to apply where the extension was granted less than 12 months ago so claiming for job creation immediately 12 months before the ILr date. Also the online form does not allow to add previous wage rate, and asks for evidence for absenses so thought to clarify it.
3) The guidance clearly says obtain a CAR for a “fee” so I assume we have to submit a paid one to be on the safe side.
4) Basically I have read through this forum where some moderators beleieve CT603 is the original HMRC document and is acceptable. However CT600 is not original. On the contrary some believe CT600 is the only way to prove it. So to avoid that confusion submitting both.
5) 2 employees have British Passport and 1 has German. (no spouse on PR)

Thank you again for your response. Any more comments will be appreciated.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:02 pm

@aman

Accountant letter.

You said accountant letter if you took over an existing business OR created jobs after extension?

I thought accountant letter is ONLY required if you took over an existing business or joined an existing business.

I have created a job after extension although i have not taken over an exisiting business.

Does that mean I need an accountant letter to prove job creation?

Thanks

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:12 pm

1) I dont think I have CT41G as I could not find it. I do have the original PAYE reference letter I can include that? In that case CT603 looks relevant and yes I would include the paye reference letter.
2) I am including cover letter only cz I fall under the transitional arrangement and also under the new rule to apply where the extension was granted less than 12 months ago so claiming for job creation immediately 12 months before the ILr date. Also the online form does not allow to add previous wage rate, and asks for evidence for absenses so thought to clarify it. Ok
3) The guidance clearly says obtain a CAR for a “fee” so I assume we have to submit a paid one to be on the safe side. The guidance been saying that since inception but it really wasn’t necessary
4) Basically I have read through this forum where some moderators beleieve CT603 is the original HMRC document and is acceptable. However CT600 is not original. On the contrary some believe CT600 is the only way to prove it. So to avoid that confusion submitting both. Ok

[/quote]

Well good luck! You seem good to go as far as I’m concerned! I’d be confident sending in this application!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:18 pm

aman90 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:12 pm
1) I dont think I have CT41G as I could not find it. I do have the original PAYE reference letter I can include that? In that case CT603 looks relevant and yes I would include the paye reference letter.
2) I am including cover letter only cz I fall under the transitional arrangement and also under the new rule to apply where the extension was granted less than 12 months ago so claiming for job creation immediately 12 months before the ILr date. Also the online form does not allow to add previous wage rate, and asks for evidence for absenses so thought to clarify it. Ok
3) The guidance clearly says obtain a CAR for a “fee” so I assume we have to submit a paid one to be on the safe side. The guidance been saying that since inception but it really wasn’t necessary
4) Basically I have read through this forum where some moderators beleieve CT603 is the original HMRC document and is acceptable. However CT600 is not original. On the contrary some believe CT600 is the only way to prove it. So to avoid that confusion submitting both. Ok

Well good luck! You seem good to go as far as I’m concerned! I’d be confident sending in this application!
[/quote]

Thank you for the luck and your response again.
I dont have CT41G but I just checked I have CT620 for previous years (old and on old company address). Should I send that? Or CT603 and CT600 is good enough (latest and on new company address)

Also, please comment on the accountant letter as above?

Thank you again

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:42 pm

Dear Aman,

I got a little confused from your previous statement:

“Accountant letter only if you took over an existing business or created jobs after extension”

Please refer to guidance page 31 part (g)

Can you please clarify what you meant?

Thanks
Attachments
A25E3949-978C-4B75-AC7A-89F7AE2CA8E1.jpeg
A25E3949-978C-4B75-AC7A-89F7AE2CA8E1.jpeg (102.94 KiB) Viewed 1306 times

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:58 pm

Ct620.. definitely not
I think ur safely balancing it by Ct603 and Ct600
Accountant letter: ur over thinking!
The accountant letter is for those individuals who took over an existing business and according to the terms of the visa had to create 2 extra jobs.
Are your jobs continuing from initial period to extension to settlement?
Even if they ceased to exist and you created two new ones for HO assessment the accountant letter is irrelevant as the company is the same.
No harm in sending accountants letter as it states facts but ensure it states directors and incorporation date as well.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:22 pm

aman90 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:58 pm
Ct620.. definitely not
I think ur safely balancing it by Ct603 and Ct600
Accountant letter: ur over thinking!
The accountant letter is for those individuals who took over an existing business and according to the terms of the visa had to create 2 extra jobs.
Are your jobs continuing from initial period to extension to settlement?
Even if they ceased to exist and you created two new ones for HO assessment the accountant letter is irrelevant as the company is the same.
No harm in sending accountants letter as it states facts but ensure it states directors and incorporation date as well.
Thanks for your reply.
This is my understanding also.

However, if you check your previous reply you states ““Accountant letter only if you took over an existing business or created jobs after extension”

“or created jobs after extension” got me confused.

One of my job is since initial time since 2015. However 2 employees started in 2018 after extension but as you said company is the same.

Thanks for the clarification. Yes accountant letter is irrelavnt for my case.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:33 pm

No worries.. wasn’t my intention to confuse you either.. since you mentioned the accountants letter, I was just trying to explain that If an applicant takes over another existing business after extension then the accountants confirmation would be relevant.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:39 pm

aman90 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:33 pm
No worries.. wasn’t my intention to confuse you either.. since you mentioned the accountants letter, I was just trying to explain that If an applicant takes over another existing business after extension then the accountants confirmation would be relevant.
Great. Appreciate your time and responses. Thanks

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:11 pm

tier11417 wrote:

1) SET O online & Signed Verification Consent form ==> ok
2) All Passports & BRP ==> ok
3) Life in UK pass certificate ==> ok
4) UK University Degree ==>
5) Employee RTI FPS (12 months)==> Ok
6) Employee Wage Slips ==> Ok
7) Employee UK/EEA passport copy ==> Ok
8|1 month business bank statement (original, latest) ==> Ok
9) CT603 (original 2018) & CT600 (latest 2018) ==> Ok, either would have been sufficient
10. CAR (£3 paid one) ==> ok, free one also ok
11) 3 months personal bank statements (optional) ==> Ok, optional as stated
12) Accountant letter (generic letter confirming company details, VAT details, PAYE etc) (optional) ==> Ok, optional as stated
13) Cover letter (optional) ==> Ok, optional as stated

Thank you
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:18 pm

marcnath wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:11 pm
tier11417 wrote:

1) SET O online & Signed Verification Consent form ==> ok
2) All Passports & BRP ==> ok
3) Life in UK pass certificate ==> ok
4) UK University Degree ==>
5) Employee RTI FPS (12 months)==> Ok
6) Employee Wage Slips ==> Ok
7) Employee UK/EEA passport copy ==> Ok
8|1 month business bank statement (original, latest) ==> Ok
9) CT603 (original 2018) & CT600 (latest 2018) ==> Ok, either would have been sufficient
10. CAR (£3 paid one) ==> ok, free one also ok
11) 3 months personal bank statements (optional) ==> Ok, optional as stated
12) Accountant letter (generic letter confirming company details, VAT details, PAYE etc) (optional) ==> Ok, optional as stated
13) Cover letter (optional) ==> Ok, optional as stated

Thank you
Thank you Marcnath for your response.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:03 pm

Dear please can you let me know:

The CT600 I have is 14 pages in total. Is that correct? Also do I have to sign and date the CT600?

Thanks

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:33 pm

It’s many pages long. I did it and worked out fine.