ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Polish wife struggling to divorce from her children's father , meanwhile having an Algerian finance

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ummibrahim
Newly Registered
Hungary

Polish wife struggling to divorce from her children's father , meanwhile having an Algerian finance

Post by ummibrahim » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:36 am

Hi, there is a Polish woman, 4 years on now, she is struggling to divorce form her children's father. They don't agree on custody. Meanwhile she has an Algerian partner now for 4 years, their relationship is genuine. What about the unmarried partner application? The Algerian finance's passport is expected, he is illegal in the UK. Does the polish wife need to work full time or part time should be enough , to be a sponsor of the Algerian. EEA regulation applies to her, as she is Polish, she does not need to earn £18.500 a year, does she? What about if she has the British passport already? Can she still only start the Home Office application as an EEA member?
Thank you

ummibrahim
Newly Registered
Hungary

Re: Polish wife struggling to divorce from her children's father , meanwhile having an Algerian finance

Post by ummibrahim » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:42 am

I mean the Algerian man's passport is expired already.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Polish wife struggling to divorce from her children's father , meanwhile having an Algerian finance

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:43 pm

ummibrahim wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:42 am
Is this question for yourself or a friend :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:56 pm

Casa wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:43 pm
ummibrahim wrote:
I was wondering the same thing given the OPs other topic is for a Hungarian wanting to marry an Algerian overstayer!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ummibrahim
Newly Registered
Hungary

Post by ummibrahim » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:43 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:56 pm
Casa wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:43 pm
ummibrahim wrote:
I was wondering the same thing given the OPs other topic is for a Hungarian wanting to marry an Algerian overstayer!!
I know, is quite similar situation, but this Polish-Algerian couple are already together for 4 yrs. Can they have the unmarried partner application? Do they necessarily have to wait for the polish woman's divorce paper?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:48 pm

An Unmarried Partner application will be refused unless they are able to submit a divorce decree absolute (or the equivalent).
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ummibrahim
Newly Registered
Hungary

Post by ummibrahim » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:49 pm

Casa wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:48 pm
An Unmarried Partner application will be refused unless they are able to submit a divorce decree absolute (or the equivalent).
Thank you, I see. So surely she need to divorce first from her children's father.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:12 pm

Casa wrote:
Not always the case, there are cases were a person is not able to divorce due to religious or other personal reasons. I have encountered case where the succeed. Having a divorce does assist, but not always determinative.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:49 pm

Obie wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:12 pm
Casa wrote:
Not always the case, there are cases were a person is not able to divorce due to religious or other personal reasons. I have encountered case where the succeed. Having a divorce does assist, but not always determinative.
Obie, did any of these successful cases include an non-EU applicant without any legal status? :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:00 pm

Well normally the question of whether someone is in a Durable relationship, is different from whether they should be granted a residence card on the basis of such relationship.

In determining whether they are entitled to residence card based on their relationship, the Home Office will consider the overstaying.

The point I was making is not whether OP partner will qualify for residence or not. It is whether their relationship will be disqualified as not durable on the basis that one party has not had a divorce from a previous relationship.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors