ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish citizenship

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Munal
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Irish citizenship

Post by Munal » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:18 pm

Hi there,

Hoping for some advice, I’m eligible to apply for citizenship, however I have had some gaps in my stamps. Just wondering if that is very problematic, and if anyone knows of any law firm that deals with this type of issue.

Thank you

Issagenius
Ireland

Re: Irish citizenship

Post by Issagenius » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:25 pm

Reckonable residence & registration
Make sure you keep your immigration registration up-to-date (with no gaps) during your residence. If not, your application for citizenship could be refused.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP16000022

If there is valid reason for the gaps I’ll ask your local immigration office to write a letter to explain the same (but I doubt they’ll do a letter)

I had the same issue and my local immigration refused to do the letter as she was always away on holidays when my renewal date was due

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:39 pm

Munal wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:18 pm
Hi there,

Hoping for some advice, I’m eligible to apply for citizenship, however I have had some gaps in my stamps. Just wondering if that is very problematic, and if anyone knows of any law firm that deals with this type of issue.

Thank you
Under the forum T&C's, members are not permitted to post the names and details of lawyers or immigration advisors. Any such detail will be removed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:18 pm

Your question is very vague. What are "some gaps"? If you have one or two gaps that are a few days, these are understandable. If you have gaps between every single registration, or you have gaps that are over a few weeks or months, that would cast some doubts for sure.

Jordans
Ireland

Post by Jordans » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:06 pm

I know someone with a 9 days’ gap between permission stamps due to not having their passport at the time of renewal. They changed their legal name at the time of getting married and the consulate of their country of nationality was slow to issue a new passport. That didn’t stop them from applying, all they did was to include a written explanation why the gap occurred and their application for naturalisation has now progressed to the 2nd stage. Hope this helps.