ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

transferwise statement acceptable?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Newly Registered
United Kingdom

transferwise statement acceptable?

Post by 10308412 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:58 pm

Hi

Can anyone tell me if transferwise bank statements are accepted by the HomeOffice? Do they have to be stamped and signed?

Covee
United Kingdom

Re: transferwise statement acceptable?

Post by Covee » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:41 pm

1. In relation to evidencing the financial requirements in Appendix FM the following general provisions shall apply:
(a) Bank statements must:
(i) be from a financial institution regulated by the appropriate regulatory body for the country in which that institution is operating.
(ii) not be from a financial institution on the list of excluded institutions in Appendix P of these rules.
To my knowledge, although Transferwise is regulated by the FCA, it is not regulated as a bank like other high-street banks are.

I personally would not feel comfortable using Transferwise statement over a regulated high-street bank.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... d-evidence

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: transferwise statement acceptable?

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:20 pm

10308412 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:58 pm
Hi

Can anyone tell me if transferwise bank statements are accepted by the HomeOffice? Do they have to be stamped and signed?
If you have other alternatives then don't use it.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.