ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gc362952246
China

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by gc362952246 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:34 am

Paul99 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:37 am
Dear Members ,Does any one SET O application got reuse -Bio-metric Mail for March to june application submission -Any one come across this forums?
I'm Set O, shortage job, June applicant. Received both the reuse and opt out email.
Multiple people tried to figure out a pattern but it doesnt seem to exist.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:10 pm

Thomas_84 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:47 am
Here is my personal opinion - If you need visa urgently, better to opt out of IDV app.
Also consider new lockdown measures being considered. If lockdown happens again fearing a second wave, one would be caught up in lockdown again where as IDV app can be used from home.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Paul99
United Kingdom

Post by Paul99 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:23 pm

gc362952246 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:34 am
Paul99 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:37 am
Dear Members ,Does any one SET O application got reuse -Bio-metric Mail for March to june application submission -Any one come across this forums?
I'm Set O, shortage job, June applicant. Received both the reuse and opt out email.
Multiple people tried to figure out a pattern but it doesnt seem to exist.
Thanks mate ,Yes Agree -Bit tough to figure out how we are grouped -
Many Thanks .

Baydaar
Pakistan

Post by Baydaar » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:47 pm

I applied on 25th of June set M, I am considering to opt out, may be able to get appointment immediately after 10th August.i shell email ukvcas tomorrow.

sk1984

Post by sk1984 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:13 pm

Hello Guys,

Did anyone who apply in July got correspondence from UKVI/UKVACS ? I have applied on 9th July under SET(M) and submitted docs through UKVACS (Submit to HO) option same day. Since then, I have not received correspondence from UKVI or UKVACS.Slightly worried, as I can see on this forum people who have applied after me getting some sort of correspondence.

Regards
SK

Paul99
United Kingdom

Post by Paul99 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:25 pm

sk1984 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:13 pm
Hello Guys,

Did anyone who apply in July got correspondence from UKVI/UKVACS ? I have applied on 9th July under SET(M) and submitted docs through UKVACS (Submit to HO) option same day. Since then, I have not received correspondence from UKVI or UKVACS.Slightly worried, as I can see on this forum people who have applied after me getting some sort of correspondence.

Regards
SK
July not yet open for bio -booking and doc asking to send is looks only for set O.
Many Thanks .

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:32 pm

Paul99 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:16 am
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:00 pm
Whizart wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:07 pm
I've received the Biometric Re-Use Update email today (Applied for SET(LR) in May).

Great, they've now managed to name the app !
After waiting for a month people were expecting to get started with uploading their facial image instantly and complete their Biometric enrollment process, but guess what they've dropped another "few weeks" b o m b to add to this dilemma.
They should have given us the options to opt-out when they first sent us the re-use email. I am sure most of us would've already used that option and attended biometric appointments and a few would have possibly received a decision by now, but the "experts" at UKVCAS had better ideas.

The terms Phased and Few weeks have confused me whether to Opt-in or Opt-out. Not sure if Opting out would be a wise decision at this stage.
I would not vouch for opt-out. I am sticking to reuse now
@abhardwaj1390
I had read your last post -looks you & dependent are in bio metric reuse cat-May i know when was your last Bio done for you & dep ?Since you have kids i had read outside this forum -kids bio should be within last 2 years to get into this category? Just trying find how they are choosing the groups

Only one dependent. Last bio was in sep 17.

I guesss next app email will be next weekend lets see.

I am going to wait. Another week and see what happens...

Whizart
United Kingdom

Post by Whizart » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:09 pm

abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:00 pm
Whizart wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:07 pm
I've received the Biometric Re-Use Update email today (Applied for SET(LR) in May).

Great, they've now managed to name the app !
After waiting for a month people were expecting to get started with uploading their facial image instantly and complete their Biometric enrollment process, but guess what they've dropped another "few weeks" b o m b to add to this dilemma.
They should have given us the options to opt-out when they first sent us the re-use email. I am sure most of us would've already used that option and attended biometric appointments and a few would have possibly received a decision by now, but the "experts" at UKVCAS had better ideas.

The terms Phased and Few weeks have confused me whether to Opt-in or Opt-out. Not sure if Opting out would be a wise decision at this stage.
I would not vouch for opt-out. I am sticking to reuse now
I am also reluctant to opt-out at this stage considering the fear of second wave lockdown. I just hope they start collecting the facial images soon and not delay it for too long.

MKC
Turkey

Post by MKC » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:00 pm

It seems like UKVAS is charging extortionate prices for standard appointments. The link below shows it is starting from 280£ at one UKVAS centre!

It is so frustrating that they force us to make a decision without knowing what the options entail and make assumptions. What if we choose opt out and the appointment prices have risen to 600£ to 1000£. On the other hand, there is the waiting time of god knows how long... It is so unfair we opt for something that we don't know...

ap1410
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by ap1410 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:52 pm

Also interestingly , the entire day 24th Aug there are slots available ! And not available for any day in the week.

Are these prices per individual or per application? If there are 4 people ( dependents ) in the same application are these exorbitant prices multiplied by 4 :roll: ?

MKC
Turkey

Post by MKC » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:59 pm

ap1410 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:52 pm
Also interestingly , the entire day there are slots available ! And not available for any day in the week.
Yeah, exactly! We don't know what UKVAS are up to...

evgeniya007
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by evgeniya007 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:05 pm

debrancherenzym wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:11 am
My employer confirmed to me today after Home office Right to work checks that my visa has been automatically extended for 6 months

New visa expiry date is 23/01/2021

My visa expired on 17th of July 2020, I made an application for ILR SET(M) on 22nd June

I received the re-use email last week, don't know if a new BRP will be sent or I remain without a BRP

At least it tells me that application is in the pipeline but 6 month extension is a worrying prospect, hoping for the best.
My employer is also going to use Employer Checking Service to verify my employment status after my current BRP expires on 14 August. I also applied for ILR SET (M) on 26 July. Could you please advise what you provided your employer with in order to verify your employment status? Thank you in advance for your reply.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:09 pm

Thought I would chip in here, as I am due to make a set LR application at the end of the month and it's very likely that I would end up in the biometric reuse group, given that I have had a successful T2G extension/change just a year ago.

I believe the whole delay with the IDV app has been on purpose to enable the Home Office to clear the backlog, and as for the opt out, it is probably a combination of capitalism (quoted from a previous poster on this thread) and the fact that not everyone may be able/comfortable with uploading biometrics through an app.

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned on this thread, is the fact that the Home Office has already been successfully using an app to verify biometrics, passport (NFC chipped ones) and supporting documents for the EU settlement scheme for almost a year now (which for all intensive purposes is basically an ILR). So, they have had plenty of time to iron out issues and difficulties with the process. I personally know 3 applicants that have had their EU settlement status granted (quickly - approx 3 weeks after submitting the information) through the use of the app (called "EU Exit: ID Document Check" on the app store). My guess for this new app is, if you have a chip enable passport - great. If not, for applicants that have used their passport for their previous visa application will be able to verify the document through an image scan. And lastly, if your passport has been renewed/changed since your last visa was granted, then you may need to book an appointment to verify the authenticity of your latest passport that your applying with.

Just speculation, but something to think about.
Last edited by ajitu92 on Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ap1410
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by ap1410 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:10 pm

MKC wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:59 pm
ap1410 wrote:
Also interestingly , the entire day there are slots available ! And not available for any day in the week.
I only hope the appointments will ease out in the next week or so because they are opening more centers.

Also I am assuming the prices indicated are for each application including all the dependents in the group

Baydaar
Pakistan

Post by Baydaar » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:44 pm

Is anyone in reuse category is opting out? I am considering to opt out on set M .people are mentioned here about second virus wave fear, in my opinion no country affords a complete shut down now,because of economic situation, in worst case scenario there will be some selected areas shut downs, I guess IDV App is going to take time in launching and by next week 90% of ukvcas centres will be operating. So opting out is a chance to get a quick decision.

MKC
Turkey

Post by MKC » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:12 pm

ap1410 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:10 pm
MKC wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:59 pm
ap1410 wrote:
I only hope the appointments will ease out in the next week or so because they are opening more centers.

Also I am assuming the prices indicated are for each application including all the dependents in the group
I hope it includes the dependents as well, otherwise this would be really unfair...

MKC
Turkey

Post by MKC » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:30 pm

Baydaar wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:44 pm
Is anyone in reuse category is opting out? I am considering to opt out on set M .people are mentioned here about second virus wave fear, in my opinion no country affords a complete shut down now,because of economic situation, in worst case scenario there will be some selected areas shut downs, I guess IDV App is going to take time in launching and by next week 90% of ukvcas centres will be operating. So opting out is a chance to get a quick decision.
I am in the SET-M boat (applied mid-May) and I have decided not to opt out, as the email states the new app will be rolled out in August. For the worst case, it would be rolled out at the end of August and phased approach would bring me to the mid September. I believe the time saving of opting out seems to be around a month and it doesn't benefit me much.

On the other hand, I read (probably on twitter) that someone called UKVAS and they said the new app will be rolled out mid to end of August and it will not be phased and be available to everyone immediately. This is not an official information we can rely on, but at least it gives me some hope.

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:34 pm

evgeniya007 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:05 pm
debrancherenzym wrote:
My employer confirmed to me today after Home office Right to work checks that my visa has been automatically extended for 6 months

My visa expired on 17th of July 2020, I made an application for ILR SET(M) on 22nd June

I received the re-use email last week, don't know if a new BRP will be sent or I remain without a BRP

At least it tells me that application is in the pipeline but 6 month extension is a worrying prospect, hoping for the best.
My employer is also going to use Employer Checking Service to verify my employment status after my current BRP expires on 14 August. I also applied for ILR SET (M) on 26 July. Could you please advise what you provided your employer with in order to verify your employment status? Thank you in advance for your reply.
I was asked to provide the unique application number or UAN

dgeddis123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by dgeddis123 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:54 am

Hi

Just wondering, we have the option on ukvcas to submit documents after uploading. We should be able to re-use biometrics but have received no email or any update since registering 18 july

Do we need to submit all documents before they send that email out? We applied for Set (M)

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:39 am

Had a question if anyone can answer please, how are people who got biometrics re-use email still able to see appointments as I did receive the reuse email and IDV app email but I am unable to see any appointments, I am not looking to opt out but was wondering how people can view appointments.

Or is it just people who haven't received re-use and IDV email that can see appointments.

cliftonianbristol
Turkey

Post by cliftonianbristol » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:26 am

any idea when they'll open it for July applications?

Nilang
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Nilang » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:57 am

cliftonianbristol wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:26 am
any idea when they'll open it for July applications?
It should be from Mid day today!!!
Most probably they will call July applicants to book appointments from 3rd to 7th according to the pattern of opening up new biometric centres!!

youyuanannie
United Kingdom

Post by youyuanannie » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:52 am

Really hope they can open for July applicants soon. I haven't received anything so fat.

Coco321
Newly Registered

Post by Coco321 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:19 am

Funny to see people who applied in July asking when they will be able to book appointment when people who applied end of march still stuck and left behind!!

evgeniya007
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by evgeniya007 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:04 am

debrancherenzym wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:34 pm
evgeniya007 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:05 pm
debrancherenzym wrote:

I was asked to provide the unique application number or UAN
Many thanks for coming back to me 🤗 It is very much appreciated!