ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General visa can transfer to company HQ for 1 year?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alex132
- thin ice -

Tier 2 General visa can transfer to company HQ for 1 year?

Post by alex132 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:13 pm

I am having Tier 2 visa for 3 years.
My company HQ is in Japan and they have intention for me to work in HQ in Japan for 1 year and then back to UK here.

Am I allow to do that?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General visa can transfer to company HQ for 1 year?

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:18 pm

Your tier 2 visa is only relevant to working in the UK. Any absence of 180 days in a rolling 12 months period breaks your continuity of residence. Your employer is also obliged to inform HO when you are no longer working in the UK for the sponsoring company on tier 2 and your visa will likely be curtailed.

You are free to leave but will have to start your clock towards ilr again from scratch with a new visa etc if you return.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:47 pm

alex132 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:21 pm
"the maximum 180-day limit will now apply to any rolling 12-month period during the qualifying period for ILR"
Not very understand this meaning.
It means that in any 12 months period, you cannot be absent for more than 180 days, subject to 245AAA(a).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

alex132
- thin ice -

Post by alex132 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:04 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:18 pm
Your tier 2 visa is only relevant to working in the UK. Any absence of 180 days in a rolling 12 months period breaks your continuity of residence. Your employer is also obliged to inform HO when you are no longer working in the UK for the sponsoring company on tier 2 and your visa will likely be curtailed.

You are free to leave but will have to start your clock towards ilr again from scratch with a new visa etc if you return.

But i am atill attached to work in UK, just that i have one year training in HQ

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:05 pm

To bad, the requirement is to be working IN the UK and not exceed 180 days absence in any rolling 12 month period. You will fail both requirements if you go to Japan for a year.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alex132
- thin ice -

Post by alex132 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:22 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:05 pm
To bad, the requirement is to be working IN the UK and not exceed 180 days absence in any rolling 12 month period. You will fail both requirements if you go to Japan for a year.
It said below, company reyired e to go Japan for 1 year and i still get pay in UK

(3) for any applicant who has or has had leave as a Tier 2 (General) migrant, where the Certificate of Sponsorship Checking Service entry shows that they were sponsored to work in any of the occupations in table 1 of Appendix J when the absence occurred, any absence from the UK for the purpose of research activities overseas shall not count towards the 180 days, if the applicant provides evidence from their sponsor showing that:
(a) research was the purpose of the absence(s); and
(b) the sponsor, agreed to the absence(s) for that purpose; and
(c) the absence(s) directly related to their Tier 2 employment in the UK; and

alex132
- thin ice -

Post by alex132 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:55 pm

Should I take up this opportunities provided by my company in UK?

HiUKingdom
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by HiUKingdom » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:34 pm

:) This forum is great for people supporting each other with their experiences and knowledge.
Having said that... you could always contact immigration lawyers for their professional advice.

Slightly different situation, but there were articles about people who had some problems with their absence from the UK.
My comments on these articles are....that the rules were quite clear, but the interpretation was different, and when the authority says "no", it is not easy to turn around their decision. It would cost money and time, and you would then end up employing a solicitor.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2 ... ips-abroad

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... ve-britain

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:01 am

Its’s not exceptional, unless

Absences for research purposes (Tier 2 (General))
Absences from the UK do not count towards the 180-day limit where a Tier 2 (General) applicant is sponsored to work in a PhD level occupation and their absence is linked to research purposes.
PhD level occupations are those listed in Table 1 of Appendix J to the Immigration Rules.
The research absence must be linked to the reason for their Tier 2 sponsorship and must have been agreed by their Sponsor. These details must be confirmed in writing by their Sponsor as part of the ILR application.
The exemption also extends to the Tier 2 Migrant’s PBS dependant partner, so if the main applicant’s period of absence meets the above requirements, any matching absence for their partner would also be exempt.
To ensure PBS dependant partners are treated consistently, where the Tier 2 main applicant has obtained settlement (ILR) or citizenship, but their dependant partner is still on limited leave to remain, the exemption will continue to apply. The main applicant must have remained working in an occupation that would qualify as a PhD level occupation under Tier 2 (General) and the settled migrant’s employer must confirm that the absence was for research purposes.
exemption applies.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

alex132
- thin ice -

Post by alex132 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:22 am

exemption does apply, but is not guarantee.