ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) vs. FLR(FP)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

i2siss
Algeria

FLR(M) vs. FLR(FP)

Post by i2siss » Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:02 am

Hi,

I would be grateful if someone can let me know what is the difference between FLR(M) vs. FLR(FP).

Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) vs. FLR(FP)

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:32 am

They have different immigration rules and slightly differeing requirements. Both are applications made within the UK.

FLR M is the standard spouse visa route.

FLR FP is more of a private life route, parent or child route, a 5 year or 10 year route to ILR, and which is unlikely to apply to your spouse as she has only been in the uk since 2020.

Neither is likely possible as you only hold pre-settled status, not settled status, having naturalised as an EU citizen after 31 December 2020.

If this is for your spouse? Has she left the UK as her PBS dependent visa expired in November?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

i2siss
Algeria

Post by i2siss » Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:58 am

Hi CR001,

Based on the HO's website:

To apply as a partner, you and your partner both need to be 18 or over.

Your partner must also either:

be a British or Irish citizen
have settled in the UK - for example, they have indefinite leave to remain, settled status or proof of permanent residence
be from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein and have pre-settled status - they must have started living in the UK before 1 January 2021
have a Turkish Businessperson visa or Turkish Worker visa
have refugee status or humanitarian protection in the UK

Kind regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:00 pm

You were NOT an EU citizen living in the uk on 31st December 2020, so that does not apply to you.

You also have not answered the crucial question about your spouse and her visa expiry.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

i2siss
Algeria

Post by i2siss » Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:26 pm

Which route should my family members be under then?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:17 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:00 pm
You also have not answered the crucial question about your spouse and her visa expiry.
???? this is critical as if her visa expired in the first ovember as you have previously stated and she has not left the uk, she is an overstayer and can no longer work, rent or access free NHS services.
i2siss wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:26 pm
Which route should my family members be under then?
There is no route you can sponsor them for a visa until you obtain EU settled status. This was all explained to you in your previous topics you posted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

i2siss
Algeria

Post by i2siss » Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:36 pm

Do you find it reasonable for family members not to be able to live together? If so, it seems like there is an issue in the immigration system!

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:53 pm

You and your family need to meet All the requirements. Currently you don't meet them.

Nothing prevents you from living in your spouse country either.

Am really surprised that your are blatantly ignoring the most critical question about your spouse visa expiry and avoiding answering it. This is so critical in that it can affect the immigration journey for uears to come.
Char (CR001 not Casa)