ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can I apply for flr m extension when my passport is only valid for 4 months

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rud
United Kingdom

can I apply for flr m extension when my passport is only valid for 4 months

Post by Rud » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:43 pm

Dear Advisors ,

Can I apply for flr m extn when my passport is about to expire in 4 months Time , Will I get a full visa extension for 2 years or will it affect my new visa extn duration ?

Once I get the visa extended and I will be applying for my passport renewal , once the passport is renewed should I have to update the new passport details to home office

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: can I apply for flr m extension when my passport is only valid for 4 months

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:12 pm

Can I apply for flr m extn when my passport is about to expire in 4 months Time , Will I get a full visa extension for 2 years or will it affect my new visa extn duration ?
Yes and yes. Does NOT affect the visa length.
Once I get the visa extended and I will be applying for my passport renewal , once the passport is renewed should I have to update the new passport details to home office
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:18 pm

Rud wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:43 pm
Dear Advisors ,

This is not detrimental to your application. You can go ahead with this.

Rud
United Kingdom

Post by Rud » Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:31 pm

Dear Advisors,

I have few more queries related to my flr m application.

1. Can I apply for flr m extension 3 months before the expiry of current visa ?

2. I was on different valid visas until I got my first flr m visa , there is question in flr m asking about is it first extension after entry clearance as flr m , is my answer yes to this question is correct ?

3. I have child application along with my application, in the document upload I need to upload the document proof where other parent lives, i have already uploaded my spouse utility bills for joint address proofs , should i upload the same in the child other parent lives section ?

4. Should I submit the application before going to biometrics or will they review my application during the biometrics and submit my application ?

5. Is it mandatory to upload a proof for the reason for not able to leave the country and settle elsewhere.

6. Current timelines to get the visa processing?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:03 am

Rud wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:31 pm
Dear Advisors,

I have few more queries related to my flr m application.

1. Can I apply for flr m extension 3 months before the expiry of current visa ? You can apply anytime. Just be mindful of when you do so there won't be a shortfall for ILR

2. I was on different valid visas until I got my first flr m visa , there is question in flr m asking about is it first extension after entry clearance as flr m , is my answer yes to this question is correct ?

3. I have child application along with my application, in the document upload I need to upload the document proof where other parent lives, i have already uploaded my spouse utility bills for joint address proofs , should i upload the same in the child other parent lives section ? You may

4. Should I submit the application before going to biometrics or will they review my application during the biometrics and submit my application ? Either submit before or let VAC employee submit for you. Most important is to supply or upload all supporting documents

5. Is it mandatory to upload a proof for the reason for not able to leave the country and settle elsewhere. No

6. Current timelines to get the visa processing?

Rud
United Kingdom

Post by Rud » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:08 pm

Thank you for your suggestion.

I hope you can help me with few more queries

What proof has to be submitted for spouse immigration status, Is his passport sufficent or should submit the citizenship certificate

Is passport size photographs needed for main applicant , child applicant ? do i need to submit a photograph for my spouse as well.(Can we use the same photograph from last extension or is there any requirement how old the photpgraphs can be at max?)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:14 pm

What proof has to be submitted for spouse immigration status, Is his passport sufficent or should submit the citizenship certificate
Either is fine.
Is passport size photographs needed for main applicant , child applicant ? do i need to submit a photograph for my spouse as well.(Can we use the same photograph from last extension or is there any requirement how old the photpgraphs can be at max?)
Not required at all. Your new digital photos will be taken at your biometric appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.