ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Settlement Scheme family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gr8person
BANNED
United Kingdom

EU Settlement Scheme family permit

Post by gr8person » Wed May 08, 2024 5:10 pm

Hi there,

I am an EU citizen living in UK and have Settled Status since long ago. I am just about to marry a woman abroad (outside EEA) in a few days. Will I be eligible to apply for her family permit under EU settlement scheme? I am asking because gov.uk website states "your family relationship began by 31 December 2020" as one of the requirements, which is making me worried. Could it be an optional requirement that applies in certain circumstances and may not be a hurdle for me?

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/apply- ... chtenstein

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: EU Settlement Scheme family permit

Post by CR001 » Wed May 08, 2024 5:30 pm

It isn't an optional requirement.

If you do not meet that very specific requirement, you cannot use the EU family permit route and only have the more expense with more criteria Spouse visa route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gr8person
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by gr8person » Thu May 09, 2024 6:29 am

Is there an easy way I could prove that even though the marriage has taken place now but she has been my unmarried partner since 2020? Could I show an old tenancy agreement dating back in 2020 of the non EEA country with both our names written on it. Would home office accept it if I have mainly been living in UK but she has been living abroad. I have been visiting that country at least once a year for few weeks and I actually lived there continuously for 5 months in the last year.

gr8person
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by gr8person » Fri May 10, 2024 6:59 am

Anyone out there willing to help me establish that I was in a long term relationship by Dec 2020, even though I am marrying her now?

I don't have any joint bank account, child or joint business venture to prove that, so all that I could think of is a joint tenancy agreement of non EEA county. Would that be sufficient/acceptable? or there is something else I should try to arrange/provide that will work?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri May 10, 2024 7:56 am

gr8person wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 6:29 am
she has been my unmarried partner since 2020? Could I show an old tenancy agreement dating back in 2020
To be considered as an unmarried partner, it's expected that you lived together for at least 2 years. As you're only asking about providing information from 2020, I'm not sure if you have anything before that date, in which case the attempt would be destined to fail.

List of possible correspondence is on the website - you're usually expected to provide more than just a tenancy agreement if you want to prove cohabitation.

Also, no need to bump your thread.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

gr8person
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by gr8person » Fri May 10, 2024 12:29 pm

meself2 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 7:56 am
you're usually expected to provide more than just a tenancy agreement if you want to prove cohabitation.
For example (other than bank and business related)?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sat May 11, 2024 8:29 am

Joint utility bills I would say.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

gr8person
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by gr8person » Sat May 11, 2024 8:56 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 8:29 am
Joint utility bills I would say.
Unfortunately, here utility bills are only in the actual house owner's name, which is just me.

Another thing, would home office mind if I have joint tenancy agreement and utility bills of the house in a non EEA county, whereas I myself mainly live in UK? Would I need to show the flight tickets that I have been visiting there at least once a year for a few weeks every time?

gr8person
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by gr8person » Wed May 15, 2024 3:50 pm

I don't seem to be getting any real help, guidance or even info here on this website/forum. No one seem to know more than I know and I actually already answer my own questions to make it easy for others.

I now just want this topic and all the posts in it removed/deleted. Can administrators please do that?????