ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel between submitting online application and biometrics.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Manmeetkg29
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Travel between submitting online application and biometrics.

Post by Manmeetkg29 » Sat May 18, 2024 11:45 pm

Hi,

I am applying for my British Citizenship/naturalization and I have just submitted online application/ paid online today (18th May). I am now supposed to book an appointment but I am now very confused as I will be travelling to India on 14th June and coming back on the 13th July. Can you please help me following questions:
1) Can I travel outside the UK (to India) between now and my biometrics appointment (I can book an appointment until 19th July).
2) Will I need to submit my BRP at the Biometrics appointment
3) If I travel before my biometrics appointment, will i need to let the UKVCAS know of the dates i have travelled outside the UK (obviously i have already submitted the application online without my upcoming travel dates).
Very anxious so your answers will be very helpful.

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travel between submitting online application and biometrics.

Post by CR001 » Sun May 19, 2024 1:20 pm

I am now very confused as I will be travelling to India on 14th June and coming back on the 13th July.
You are free to travel after a biometric appointment. Not sure what you are finding confusing.
1) Can I travel outside the UK (to India) between now and my biometrics appointment (I can book an appointment until 19th July).
You can, but I would suggest attend your biometric appointment as soon as you can. That is when your applications starts being processed. What if there is an issue and you cannot get back in time?
NO originals are submitted. This is answered multiple times every single week.
3) If I travel before my biometrics appointment, will i need to let the UKVCAS know of the dates i have travelled outside the UK (obviously i have already submitted the application online without my upcoming travel dates).
NO!!!
You are overthinking and being paranoid!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Travel between submitting online application and biometrics.

Post by contorted_svy » Mon May 20, 2024 9:55 am

Manmeetkg29 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 11:45 pm
Hi,

I am applying for my British Citizenship/naturalization and I have just submitted online application/ paid online today (18th May). I am now supposed to book an appointment but I am now very confused as I will be travelling to India on 14th June and coming back on the 13th July. Can you please help me following questions:

Thanks!
You should book the appointment as soon as possible. You can then book your travel as you see fit, you won't need to declare this trip.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.