ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship/Naturalisation Documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lin74
Newly Registered

British Citizenship/Naturalisation Documents

Post by Lin74 » Tue May 21, 2024 2:00 pm

Hi all,

I’m about to apply for the Naturalisation/British Citizenship and I have a few questions regarding this. Appreciate if I can get some advise on this matter.

 I cannot find my test pass notification letter for Life test in the UK which I obtained back in 2012 for my ILR, to whom can I send an email to request for this? Does anyone have a sample of the email to send this request.?

 Professional Referee – Can a retired GP qualify as a Professional Referee?

I also make a list below, Is there any other compulsory supporting documents that we need when submitting an online form/application.
 2 referees
 Fees : £1250 + £80 ( ceremony)
 Passport
 6 months bank statement ( credit card etc)
 wedding certificate.
 P60s & payslips
 Copy of Life test in the UK
 proof of your knowledge of the English language
 evidence of Indefinite Leave to Remain ( Biometric )

Many thanks.

Lin

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: British Citizenship/Naturalisation Documents

Post by contorted_svy » Tue May 21, 2024 2:19 pm

Lin74 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 2:00 pm
Hi all,

I’m about to apply for the Naturalisation/British Citizenship and I have a few questions regarding this. Appreciate if I can get some advise on this matter.

 I cannot find my test pass notification letter for Life test in the UK which I obtained back in 2012 for my ILR, to whom can I send an email to request for this? Does anyone have a sample of the email to send this request.?

Try contacting
support@lituk.psionline.com
Telephone: 0800 015 4245
Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm

 Professional Referee – Can a retired GP qualify as a Professional Referee? no.

I also make a list below, Is there any other compulsory supporting documents that we need when submitting an online form/application.
 2 referees
 Passport
 6 months bank statement ( credit card etc) Not needed
 wedding certificate. Only needed if you apply through Section 6(2) as a spouse of a British citizen
 P60s & payslips Not needed if your passport gets stamped when you enter the UK

Many thanks.

Lin
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue May 21, 2024 2:26 pm

Lin74 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 2:00 pm
Hi all,

 I cannot find my test pass notification letter for Life test in the UK which I obtained back in 2012 for my ILR, to whom can I send an email to request for this? Does anyone have a sample of the email to send this request.? You might have to retake it.

 Professional Referee – Can a retired GP qualify as a Professional Referee? I don't think GP's are even on the list.

 2 referees
 Passport
 6 months bank statement ( credit card etc) Not required
 wedding certificate. If married to a Brit, if not then not required.
 P60s & payslips Not required except you're EU trying to prove residency.

Many thanks.

Lin
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 21, 2024 8:17 pm

Fees : £1250 + £80 ( ceremony)
Note sure where you got this from. The fees increased on 10th April. It is £1500 for citizenship, which includes the £130 group ceremony fee.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -2024#fn:4
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Lin74
Newly Registered

Post by Lin74 » Sun May 26, 2024 6:17 pm

Hi all thank you for the advise.

I have called the LITUK support line and the officer has been extremely helpful. Apparently, because I took the test over a decade ago, my details has been passed to the Home Office, he then advise me to write a cover letter and outline the details of when I took the test, date, year, location etc.and submit it together with my application. I wonder if any of the immigration board members has the similar issue before, and has a copy of the cover letter that I can look as a reference.?

As for the professional referee, can a holder of ILR other nationality, who work as a professor in the UK University qualify as a professional referee, or does he or she has to be a British citizen?

I am aware that the second referee has to be a British citizen.

Note on the fee. Thanks for the heads up.

If anyone can advice on the above questions that would be fab.

Thanks again.
Lin74

Try contacting
support@lituk.psionline.com
Telephone: 0800 015 4245
Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun May 26, 2024 6:28 pm

Re professional referee, they can be any nationality, immigration status is not an issue as long as they qualify as referee.

Re LITUK can’t comment as it’s not that common a scenario. Certainly explain the background in a covering note, and mention your conversation with LITUK person. Hopefully that will be sufficient.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon May 27, 2024 9:44 am

If you want to be on the extra safe side, you may consider sitting for the exam again. You could also retrieve your ILR application as you will have probably submitted a reference number there - or do a SAR and see if details are quoted there. We don't have templates for cover letters.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

StruggleisReal

Post by StruggleisReal » Thu May 30, 2024 12:47 am

Correct me if I am wrong but £130 for the ceremony is additional to the application fee of £1500 making it a total of £1630

CR001 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 8:17 pm
Fees : £1250 + £80 ( ceremony)
Note sure where you got this from. The fees increased on 10th April. It is £1500 for citizenship, which includes the £130 group ceremony fee.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -2024#fn:4

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu May 30, 2024 8:43 am

Yes the new prices are £1500+£130.