ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Information for secondary job during covid as Tier 2

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lincolnclay
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Information for secondary job during covid as Tier 2

Post by Lincolnclay » Wed May 22, 2024 1:26 am

Hi, i was in Tier 2 since January 2020, i’m due to apply for ILR on January 2025, when i switched my visa to Tier 2 from student visa i was working in a care home as a carer, but after i switched my visa to Tier 2 as a campaign manager, i worked in weekend 10-15 hours for the care home since July 2020 due to shortage of staff because of Covid19 but on that time care home was not in the shortage of occupation list, may i face any problem for that? also after july 2020 i never worked for 2nd company.

shall i delay my ILR application 6-7 months or 1 year more so that home office may not check or find out any 2nd job for last 5 years, or i can apply ilr without any issues on January 2025 as covid 19 time was exceptional.

Thank you for your reply.

Lincolnclay
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Information for secondary job during covid as Tier 2

Post by Lincolnclay » Wed May 22, 2024 2:20 am

Note to know: Didn’t have any issue when i reapplied visa and changed employer January 2023**

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed May 22, 2024 2:40 am

You are only allowed to work up to 20 hours a week in another job or for your own business, as long as you’re still doing the job you’re being sponsored for. If you worked against the conditions of your visa, then your ILR could be refused
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Lincolnclay
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Lincolnclay » Wed May 22, 2024 3:12 am

zimba wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 2:40 am
You are only allowed to work up to 20 hours a week in another job or for your own business, as long as you’re still doing the job you’re being sponsored for. If you worked against the conditions of your visa, then your ILR could be refused
This is the new role i believe that , i can work any job 20 hours, even care worker is shortage occupation list but i did 2nd job 2020 and that wasn’t more than 20 hours. Little confused in this matter, as didn’t get any issues during my extension 2 years ago. Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed May 22, 2024 12:39 pm

Then I do not see why there will be an issue
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice