ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport - documents received

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PM74Juve
United Kingdom

Passport - documents received

Post by PM74Juve » Tue May 21, 2024 12:11 pm

Hello all,

Wondering if anyone has very recently sent documents to the Corby processing centre and faced notable delay in them being acknowledged as received. Waited a week now while timelines typically report less than this and very anxious despite Royal Mail saying they delivered (and failing to upload picture).

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Passport - documents received

Post by alterhase58 » Tue May 21, 2024 12:39 pm

General comment:

Royal Mail delivers 100/s1000s items of mail to HMPO daily, by the sack load. Not every envelope is photographed.

I suspect the delay is with HMPO recording documents. How long has it been?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

PM74Juve
United Kingdom

Post by PM74Juve » Tue May 21, 2024 12:58 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 12:39 pm
General comment:

Royal Mail delivers 100/s1000s items of mail to HMPO daily, by the sack load. Not every envelope is photographed.

I suspect the delay is with HMPO recording documents. How long has it been?
A week exactly now... timelines most recently reported on here run from 1-6 days I'd say but I note few have been recently reported. They do indicate it can take a while to manually link up documents sent with applications.... but it is shameful it takes longer to do this than process the application and deliver a passport. Seems almost pointless to have a live updated timeline for your application when half of the time it is going to be wrong.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue May 21, 2024 1:03 pm

You could give the helpline a call, but at this stage it is too soon to chase. do you have an upcoming trip booked?
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

PM74Juve
United Kingdom

Post by PM74Juve » Tue May 21, 2024 1:18 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 1:03 pm
You could give the helpline a call, but at this stage it is too soon to chase. do you have an upcoming trip booked?
No.. no rush for the passport... but the potential loss of my wife's documents and the mess to sort that out is now making me severely unwell. I presume the help line will be no use due to the fact it isn't HMPO that the physical documents are sent to and processed by.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue May 21, 2024 1:27 pm

Yes, the help line is often, ironically enough, not very helpful. Right now though there aren't many avenues available. If they don't receive the documents they will get in touch with you I suspect. Hopefully they will get to your envelope soon.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 21, 2024 8:20 pm

1. Wait another week or so. HMPO Centres receive applications and supporting documents in bulk, it takes a bit of time to work through the system.

2. You have applied shortly before a half term school holiday, which is always considered peak period as is the summer. It is usual for high volumes and delays at peak times.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

PM74Juve
United Kingdom

Post by PM74Juve » Thu May 23, 2024 1:56 pm

Thanks all for the advice.

I contacted the Passport Office via online chat and they took tracking information and updated the system to show documents received even though there was no physical confirmation of this. However 2 days later and just a few minutes ago the passport application was approved which obviously means they did get the documents. I don't know if my intervention speeded up the actual processing of the application.

So advice to others as per previous poster is there could well be some notable current delays in processing receipt of documents.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri May 24, 2024 7:32 am

PM74Juve wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 1:56 pm
Thanks all for the advice.

I contacted the Passport Office via online chat and they took tracking information and updated the system to show documents received even though there was no physical confirmation of this. However 2 days later and just a few minutes ago the passport application was approved which obviously means they did get the documents. I don't know if my intervention speeded up the actual processing of the application. Probably not.

So advice to others as per previous poster is there could well be some notable current delays in processing receipt of documents.
Congratulations.