ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IT skilled worker visa to domiciliay care visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mokeda
Newly Registered
Mood:
England

IT skilled worker visa to domiciliay care visa

Post by mokeda » Tue May 21, 2024 9:23 pm

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine is considering switching from an IT Skilled Worker visa to a Care Worker (Domiciliary) visa and has a few questions about the process. We're hoping to get some advice and clarity on the following points:

ILR Eligibility: If my friend switches from the IT Skilled Worker visa to the Care Worker visa, will the time spent on the IT visa count towards the qualifying period for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)?

Application Fees: What is the current application fee for the Care Worker visa?

IHS Fee:

Do we need to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) fee again when applying for the Care Worker visa?
Is there a way to get a refund for the IHS fee paid for the remaining time on the IT Skilled Worker visa that overlaps with the new Care Worker visa?
Any advice or experiences shared would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IT skilled worker visa to domiciliay care visa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 21, 2024 9:28 pm

What do you mean 'IT Skilled Worker Visa' exactly? There is no such named visa as you have stated. There is a Skilled Worker Visa or a ICT Visa.

Also, better for your friend to register on the forum and ask their own questions!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mokeda
Newly Registered
Mood:
England

Post by mokeda » Tue May 21, 2024 9:58 pm

Hi Thanks for the response, when I said IT, I meant information technology job.

Kman12
Mood:
India

Post by Kman12 » Fri May 24, 2024 11:04 am

I will say don't change it to domiciliary care, if he/she is having a job in IT.

The care Sector comes with its challenges, do part-time trial just be sure he/she wants to do that.