ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsor willing to provide COS but no allocation available for inside UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raviabi1
Newly Registered
India

will not paying taxes between jobs on T2 affect ILR

Post by raviabi1 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:52 pm

Hi,

I am here on Tier 2 skilled work visa. By December mid/end 2023, I got news that my company is going under due to management issues and that we are all getting terminated and I got issued a P45 for the taxes paid till Nov 2023 for this year. I haven't received the curtailment letter from Home office till now.

I am trying for sponsored jobs at the moment. Please let me know that if I find a sponsored job and resume my work, Will these 4-5 months of not paying taxes and not being on a job affect my ILR at the end of 5 years?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: will not paying taxes between jobs on T2 affect ILR

Post by zimba » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:50 pm

raviabi1 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:52 pm
Hi,

I am here on Tier 2 skilled work visa. By December mid/end 2023, I got news that my company is going under due to management issues and that we are all getting terminated and I got issued a P45 for the taxes paid till Nov 2023 for this year. I haven't received the curtailment letter from Home office till now.

I am trying for sponsored jobs at the moment. Please let me know that if I find a sponsored job and resume my work, Will these 4-5 months of not paying taxes and not being on a job affect my ILR at the end of 5 years?
ILR has nothing to do with this. You may have gaps in your employment
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

raviabi1
Newly Registered
India

Post by raviabi1 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:13 pm

Will I be ok until I receive the curtailment letter?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:45 pm

raviabi1 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:13 pm
Will I be ok until I receive the curtailment letter?
Your visa is valid in the UK unless it is curtailed. ILR is based on visa validity and NOT continuous employment :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

raviabi1
Newly Registered
India

Received Curtailment letter, How to apply for IHS refund?

Post by raviabi1 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:53 pm

HI,

I came to UK in 3yrs tier 2 skilled worker visa. My employer had to close his company due to losses and lost his sponsor license as well. Because of this, I lost my employment and my visa and received curtailment letter from home office giving me 2 months time to move back to my home country from UK.

Initially i has applied for 3yrs visa and had paid for 3yrs of IHS.

Now that I am going back in 2yrs, is it possible to get my IHS for the remaining 1yr refunded?

If so, how can I get it? Where should I apply for this? Can someone please guide me on this?

Thanks a tonne

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Received Curtailment letter, How to apply for IHS refund?

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:58 pm

No refund unfortunately.

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds
You will not get a refund if:

your visa application is successful but you do not come to the UK
you leave the UK before your visa ends, for example to make a new application
you’re told to leave the UK before your visa expires

you’re applying for indefinite leave to remain
received curtailment letter from home office giving me 2 months time to move back to my home country from UK.
That is not the only thing the letter says. It says apply for a visa you qualify for within the 60 days or leave.

You previously posted you were looking for another sponsor? Have you not found one yet?

indefinite-leave-to-remain/will-not-pay ... l#p2147172
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chatgpt
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Received Curtailment letter, How to apply for IHS refund?

Post by chatgpt » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:14 pm

Hi!
What was your last day of employment, and in how many days after your last day you got the curtailment letter from the home office? Do we get curtailment letter via email or post/letter?

raviabi1
Newly Registered
India

Sponsor willing to provide COS but no allocation available for inside UK

Post by raviabi1 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:57 am

Hi,
I got the curtailment letter from Home office to leave the country dated 10th June. A licensed sponsor ready to provide COS but he doesn't have any allocation at the moment and the priority service is also not helping out(trying out daily). Since days are running, I'm more worried and I would like to find any other alternate solution for applying visa.

Thanks in advance!

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Sponsor willing to provide COS but no allocation available for inside UK

Post by lolo2 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:38 pm

Don't rely on that employer only, keep applying for jobs with other licensed sponsors. Not sure what's your occupation but it's completely possible to find something before 10th June.

Out of curiosity, when did you finish your last job? or how long did it take to receive the curtailment letter?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:33 am

raviabi1 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:57 am
Hi,
I got the curtailment letter from Home office to leave the country dated 10th June. A licensed sponsor ready to provide COS but he doesn't have any allocation at the moment and the priority service is also not helping out(trying out daily). Since days are running, I'm more worried and I would like to find any other alternate solution for applying visa.

Thanks in advance!
As long as you apply for a new application before the new visa expiry (as per curtailment), you can stay in the UK

chatgpt
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by chatgpt » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:52 am

raviabi1 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance!
Hi,
Can you please let us know what was the last date of your employment, and on what date did you receive the curtailment letter? Was the curtailment letter in form of an email or a physical letter?

SamehRagheb
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by SamehRagheb » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:51 pm

From his message on 11/04/2024 it seems this is the date he received the curtailment letter.
Also he mentioned the letter gives him time till 10 June which is 60 days from 11/04/2024.
In his first message he said he only get the tax letter till end of November so it seems his last day of employment was last of November or maybe somewhere in December. This is what I understood.

raviabi1
Newly Registered
India

Post by raviabi1 » Wed May 08, 2024 2:14 pm

Yes! December they stopped the payroll

baz1237
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by baz1237 » Mon May 20, 2024 11:20 am

raviabi1 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance!
Since when have you been trying for priority? And have you been emailing at 9am daily?

Kman12
Mood:
India

Post by Kman12 » Fri May 24, 2024 11:09 am

Try it at 8:58 to 8:59; based on my HR experience. She did it on the first try in Dec 2023.