ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-entering the UK with passport validity less than 6 months

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tigris123
Newly Registered

Re-entering the UK with passport validity less than 6 months

Post by tigris123 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:57 pm

Dear all,

I have a UK BRP, visa for another 4 years. However, my passports expired in less than 6 months. If I travel abroad, any idea or ref. on whether UK immigration in the Airport asked me to go back to my home country to renew the passport first etc!

Tried to search online but this is very confusing and too risky to just gamble with old posted news, please help if you have an idea/experience on this. :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Re-entering the UK with passport validity less than 6 mo

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:19 pm

As long as your passport is valid when you arrive you should be fine. There is no requirement to have a 6 month validity on passport as far as I am aware.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:40 am

It'll be fine - the 6-month thing is only a problem if you're trying to enter as a visitor.

tigris123
Newly Registered

Post by tigris123 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:58 am

Thank you for the replies, this is good news :)