ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependents Visa - English Language / NARIC

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ckpquiz
Newly Registered

Dependents Visa - English Language / NARIC

Post by ckpquiz » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:54 am

Hi,

I have got my ILR in 2015. my dependent after maternity break have applied from India in end of Jun'16 for dependent visa at VFS office. Strangely the VFS case worker didn't take the original degree certificate (Medium - English) and collected provisional only although my wife has repeatedly told she submitted previously too.

1 - Is NARIC certificate mandatory if applying from India ? as this isn't first time she is applying to enter UK.
2 - Just in case if the visa gets refused on the grounds of missing original degree certificate, is it recommended to appeal or apply fresh ??

Any suggestions pls ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependents Visa - English Language / NARIC

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:06 pm

NARIC ELA is required for foreign degrees to meet the English requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ckpquiz
Newly Registered

Post by ckpquiz » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:57 pm

Ok thx, wondering how did the VFS accept all the docs without checking the NARIC ELA certificate !

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:50 pm

VFS is only a third party handling agent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gaurjai

Post by gaurjai » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:11 pm

CR001 wrote:NARIC ELA is required for foreign degrees to meet the English requirement.
Hi,

Is NARIC ELA mandatory now?

I have gone through FM-SE guide etc and can see they have still mentioned a certificate from institute can also be submitted to confirm medium of instruction was English. We have used that certificate along with degree for 1st spouse visa from India. I am now preparing for extension via FLR-M. I have got NARIC comparability statement for her degree but haven't got ELA yet. I am planning to use that English certificate. But have seen some posts here where experts advise to get NARIC ELA.

But this English certificate option is not completely ruled out hence I am confused.

What's your views? Should I get it also for piece of mind?

Thanks