ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

french baby but just mexican passport, can I travel abroad and enter again to the uk with only mexican passport?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

doudouuu
Newly Registered
Mexico

french baby but just mexican passport, can I travel abroad and enter again to the uk with only mexican passport?

Post by doudouuu » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:32 am

Hi,
we are a mexican french family living in the uk
our 3 kids have mexican and french nationality so far...
two of our 3 kids can apply for a british passport as they were born in the uk and dad has been working here for more than 5 years ...but we just havent done british passport yet...

I want to travel to mexico during school holidays but although we have already registered our last baby in the french embassy.. we havent done french or british passport so far.. just mexican passport

we are late to make british or french passports as it takes around 6 weeks and we want to buy fight tickets now

mexicans we are subject to control immigration... I have my visa.. husband is french, my first two kids have their french passport... but 3rd baby got only mexican passport so far... my question is if anyone knows how it will work the way back to england ... ? i cant prove with any european passport baby is french or english... i have english brith certificate.. and french act de naissance...? but not passports ;S

as mexicans we can visit the uk for 6 months without any visa.. but we live here .. we will not be re entering england as turists...

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: french baby but just mexican passport, can I travel abroad and enter again to the uk with only mexican passport?

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:39 am

two of our 3 kids can apply for a british passport as they were born in the uk and dad has been working here for more than 5 years ...but we just havent done british passport yet...
Were the children born before the dad acquired PR?? If yes, then they cannot apply directly for a British passport and have to be registered as British on form MN1, costing £1023 each first.
I want to travel to mexico during school holidays but although we have already registered our last baby in the french embassy.. we havent done french pr british passport yet.. juts mexican passport

we are late to make british or french passports as it takes around 6 weeks and we want to buy fight tickts now
If the child was born after the dad attained PR, then the child is automatically British and you can apply for a 1 week fast track British passport.

Without a RC or EU/British passport, the child might have difficulties getting back into the UK or even being able to board a plane back.

I would suggest you resolve the issues first before booking travel.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

doudouuu
Newly Registered
Mexico

Re: french baby but just mexican passport, can I travel abroad and enter again to the uk with only mexican passport?

Post by doudouuu » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:38 am

Thankyou very much for your reply!

At the end we managed to get baby British passport quite fast.

Errata:
it is 3months what mexicans can explend as turists in the uk without visa