ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for a BC straightaway after getting ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Blaster87
Newly Registered
Turkey

Applying for a BC straightaway after getting ILR

Post by Blaster87 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:01 pm

Hi all,

I had applied for ILR after having a work permit for 5 years ( only for Turkish workers/businessmen ) so NOT with a marriage visa, then granted on 12/6/19. I have also been married to a British citizen since April 2018, however my ILR was only granted due to having the work permit for 5 years so nothing to do with my marriage. My question is that in my case, do I have to wait for 12 months to apply for BC or can I apply straightaway as I am married to a BC with my current ILR ?

Thanks for your reply in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for a BC straightaway after getting ILR

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:20 pm

You can apply straight away if you meet all the requirements and if you are married to a British citizen.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.