ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR super-priority didn't take my documents or passport

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raminxp
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR super-priority didn't take my documents or passport

Post by raminxp » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:44 am

Hi,

I submitted my application (ILR LR) via the super priority service 2 days ago. I paid £3200 online and filled in my application two weeks ago, but my appointment was 2 days ago on Friday.

The person who took my biometrics and scanned my passport, asked if I had uploaded all my documents online. I said yes and she said I would get my decision by the end of Friday or Monday (today).

I haven't heard anything back yet but, just occurred to me that she didn't take my passport, current visa, police registration document or anything else. She didn't even check my previous passports or even look at the original documents that I had uploaded. Isn't this strange? Does anyone know if this is the standard procedure now?

Many thanks

freeman_123
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Re: ILR super-priority didn't take my documents or passport

Post by freeman_123 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:49 am

The instructions will tell you to bring all your originals to the appointment but they'll only verify your current passport based on my experience. Should be all good as long as your uploads are clear.

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:01 am

freeman_123 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:49 am
The instructions will tell you to bring all your originals to the appointment but they'll only verify your current passport based on my experience. Should be all good as long as your uploads are clear.
Second that. For me, they only checked whether everything was uploaded properly. I was told by one of the guys there that It's a 15 minute window so if anything needs scanning then I need to put it in order before I'm called to the desk.

Should be fine mate.

raminxp
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by raminxp » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:05 am

freeman_123 wrote:
vparikh wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:01 am
freeman_123 wrote:
Second that. For me, they only checked whether everything was uploaded properly. I was told by one of the guys there that It's a 15 minute window so if anything needs scanning then I need to put it in order before I'm called to the desk.

Should be fine mate.
Thanks guys. How long should I wait for this "super priority" service? How many days would entitle me to a priority refund? It would be nice to get that £800 back!

freeman_123
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by freeman_123 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:12 am

According to: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... r-services
It should be decided by the end of the next working day, not 24 hours as commonly quoted.

raminxp
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by raminxp » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:15 am

freeman_123 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:12 am
It should be decided by the end of the next working day, not 24 hours as commonly quoted.
Thanks

Just got an email saying that my previous passports travel history was not scanned. I assume it's the person who took my fingerprints job to scan all of my passports, and not just the current one which she did.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:18 am

raminxp wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:15 am
freeman_123 wrote:
Thanks

Just got an email saying that my previous passports travel history was not scanned. I assume it's the person who took my fingerprints job to scan all of my passports, and not just the current one which she did.
Why did you not scan and upload your passport travel history?? This is the whole point of the new system, you can do it yourself.

The person, as stated by you above, asked if you had uploaded your documents and you said yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raminxp
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by raminxp » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:28 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:18 am
raminxp wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:15 am
freeman_123 wrote:
Thanks

Why did you not scan and upload your passport travel history?? This is the whole point of the new system, you can do it yourself.

The person, as stated by you above, asked if you had uploaded your documents and you said yes.
I didn't know I had to. But she did scan my current passports travel history...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:30 am

You should have uploaded everything, that is the point of the new system.

You surely must had seen the categories to upload (mandatory and optional), one which was likely travel history or similar.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raminxp
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by raminxp » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:45 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:30 am
You should have uploaded everything, that is the point of the new system.

You surely must had seen the categories to upload (mandatory and optional), one which was likely travel history or similar.
Fair do's. Fingers crossed for the decision today or tomorrow :)

aus1986
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by aus1986 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:32 pm

Hi there.

Quick question, did you have to scan every page of your current and previous passport and attach?
I have a spreadsheet that highlights all the dates of my travels, will this need to accompany a scan of every stamp I've received on my passports over the 5 years?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:37 pm

aus1986 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:32 pm
Hi there.

Quick question, did you have to scan every page of your current and previous passport and attach?
I have a spreadsheet that highlights all the dates of my travels, will this need to accompany a scan of every stamp I've received on my passports over the 5 years?

Thanks
Please can you ask your questions in your own existing topic you have. The user in this topic is a 10 years long residence applicant not tier 2.

You have to scan all stamped pages and bio pages.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

birpjpt
Newly Registered
Nepal

Post by birpjpt » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:58 pm

Hi,

Did you have the option to upload mandatory documents?

I've submitted my application today, but there is no option to upload any mandatory documents in the document. Only the optional documents. Not sure what should I do in this case?

Thanks,
Biraj