ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa Rejected

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

secuser
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Visitor Visa Rejected

Post by secuser » Sat May 04, 2024 7:00 pm

Hi team

My brother and his wife applied for UK Visitor visa (6 months) but both got refused with below:
'your application and any additional relevant information you have provided with it'

Supplied documents -
- Wife - payslip 6monthts, bank statement 12 months, investment certificates, company letter for trip
- husband - ITR, insurance savings, fixed deposits certificate
- sponsor bank statements, address proofs, identity proofs

Please could you help with advise/suggestion, what additional documents and changes to consider for next attempt so it can success.

More details:
• You have applied for a visa to visit the UK for a period of 15 days for the purpose of
visiting your brother in law and his family. [For Wife]
• You have applied for a visa to visit the UK for a period of 15 days for the purpose of
visiting your brother and his family. [For Husband]
• Whilst I recognise that family visits are important, I must consider the information
regarding your sponsor’s support of your visit separately in my assessment of your
application. To consider whether or not I am satisfied that your intentions are as
stated and that you meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules, I must assess
your own personal and financial circumstances. [Mentioned for both]
• I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you
meet the requirements of paragraph(s) V4.2 of Appendix V: Visitor because: [Mentioned for both]
• You have stated that you are employed and that you earn XX,000.00 INR (£XXX.XXX
as per oanda.com on XX/XX/2024 where £1 = 104.478 INR) monthly. You have
declared no additional income. [For Wife]
• You have stated that you are self-employed and that you earn xxx,xxx.xx INR
(£x,xxx.xx as per oanda.com on xx/xx/2024 where £1 = 104.478 INR) annually. The
information provided in support of your application however does not demonstrate
how you derive an income from this business to corroborate your stated earnings or
how you are actively involved in the operational trading of your company. The
information submitted in support of your application therefore does not establish your
circumstances to be as declared.[For Husband]
• In support of your application you have submitted a bank statement from <Bank name> (account number ending XXX). However, this statement shows some large
deposits which are not in keeping with your stated income. For example, between
XX/XX/2023 and XX/XX/2023 a total of XXX,xxx.xx INR (£X,XXX.X) was deposited into
your account which represents significantly more than your stated income. The
documents and information you have submitted indicate significant differences
between actual income and the income stated on your VAF and due to the
discrepancies, I am not satisfied that you have demonstrated your financial
circumstances as stated. Based on the documents submitted and information
available I am not satisfied that you have demonstrated your personal and financial
circumstances are as stated. [For Wife]
• Whilst you have provided an ITR, I am aware that the amount on the ITR is a self-
declared figure that does not undergo any verification checks to determine the
accuracy of the figures provided. Therefore, this document alone provides limited
evidential value. [For Husband]
• Furthermore, the bank statements you have provided are not in keeping with your
stated income and neither do they sufficiently demonstrate that the funds deposited
and withdrawn are derived from self-employment. [For Husband]
• In consideration of your family ties I note the statements made by you in your visa
application whereby you mention there are no remaining dependants in your home
country and the documents you have provided do not demonstrate that you hold any
assets or property of your own. This, in conjunction with the concerns relating to your
economic ties stated above, gives me reason to further doubt that you will depart the
UK at the end of the period stated by you.[Mentioned for both]
• Given all of the above points and inconsistencies, I am not satisfied as to your
intentions for visiting the UK, that you are a genuine visitor or that you will leave at
the end of the period specified by you. Your application is therefore refused under
paragraphs V4.2 (a) and (c) of the United Kingdom Immigration Rules.[Mentioned for both]

Thank you in advance.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Visitor Visa Rejected

Post by Casa » Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 pm

What was the source of the 'large deposits' ?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

secuser
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by secuser » Sat May 04, 2024 9:59 pm

Savings in bank accounts. Husband - home business, Wife - Employed in IT Organization.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 04, 2024 10:33 pm

secuser wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 9:59 pm
Savings in bank accounts. Husband - home business, Wife - Employed in IT Organization.
Did you submit evidence of the source with your visa applications ?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

secuser
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by secuser » Sun May 05, 2024 5:15 pm

Yes, Supplied documents with applications -
- Wife - payslip 6monthts, bank statement 12 months, investment certificates, company letter for trip
- husband - ITR, insurance savings, fixed deposits certificate
- sponsor bank statements, address proofs, identity proofs

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 05, 2024 5:18 pm

In support of your application you have submitted a bank statement from <Bank name> (account number ending XXX). However, this statement shows some large
deposits which are not in keeping with your stated income. For example, between
XX/XX/2023 and XX/XX/2023 a total of XXX,xxx.xx INR (£X,XXX.X) was deposited into
your account which represents significantly more than your stated income. The
documents and information you have submitted indicate significant differences
between actual income and the income stated on your VAF and due to the
discrepancies,
What were these large deposits that don't match the stated income declare? Where did they come from?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secuser
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by secuser » Sun May 05, 2024 5:26 pm

It was one of the cash deposit in the wife's bank account from legacy gift (in last year - 11th month old in statement).

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Mon May 06, 2024 12:43 pm

secuser wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 7:00 pm
Please could you help with advise/suggestion, what additional documents and changes to consider for next attempt so it can success.
The financial documents would have looked better if the wife had submitted six-months payslips and the corresponding six-months bank statements instead of a full-year statements. That would have avoided that large figure being flagged.

The same for the husband. It seems that his finances were not properly supported or organised.

Also important to show assets: houses, lands, buildings, etc.
secuser wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 7:00 pm
... the documents you have provided do not demonstrate that you hold any
assets or property of your own. This, in conjunction with the concerns relating to your
economic ties stated above, gives me reason to further doubt that you will depart the
UK at the end of the period stated by you
Demonstrating assets ownership is fundamental. For a reason some applicants focus on the family ties but skip this part (economic ties).

Countries you visit want your money - or anything valuable (monetary) you can spend in there.