ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Global talent visa

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kundankanan
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Global talent visa

Post by kundankanan » Wed May 08, 2024 12:50 pm

Hi team,

I have a question regarding Global talent timelines. My employment with current employer ends on 5/31 and I have applied for global talent visa. The reason for end date is restructuring and them shifting jobs to another location (outside UK)
I got an offer from another employer beginning of last month, however, they have used their undefined COS allocation and applying for new since 20th April.
Since only 60 COS are approved (from within UK), it is kind of lucky draw, I was wondering if I should apply for stage 2 global talent in parallel (while waiting for decision).

What would be the best course for action? Another question is, can I apply for Stage 2 during curtailment period (60 days) if I get approval, or there is an issue with that?

Kundan Kanan

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Global talent visa

Post by lolo2 » Wed May 08, 2024 2:08 pm

What route are you applying for? who is the endorsing body?

When you submit the endorsement application, usually the endorsing body tells you an estimated timeline to get a decision.

The first stage implies applying for endorsement, it's not a visa application. Once endorsement is granted then the visa (GTV) application is submitted. You cannot apply for a GT visa without an endorsement - if you require one.

Regarding curtailment period, it has nothing to do with the last job date, it's established by UKVI in the letter they send. Also unsure when your current visa will expire.

kundankanan
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by kundankanan » Wed May 08, 2024 5:48 pm

I am applying through tech nation.

So my visa will expire on 5/31 (my last date with current employer) ?? Will it be any different?
And then I suppose we have 60 days curtailment period. If I get GTV, can I apply during this curtailment period. I assume that UKVI will reach out to me in the best case on 1st June, although looking at other threads, it is unlikely.

Kundan

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Wed May 08, 2024 6:10 pm

The visa expiry date is the "valid until" date on the BRP.

If it says 31-05-2024 then you need to submit another application before/by that date, if not you will be an overstayer. An endorsement application is not a visa application, you apply for a GTV after the endorsement is granted.

Not sure why you're talking about a curtailment period here. Again, if your current visa expires on 31-05-2024, you have until that date (three weeks from now) to make another application or you might need to leave the UK. Obviously you will not have any curtailment period.

kundankanan
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by kundankanan » Thu May 09, 2024 12:33 pm

So, my employment with the current employer will end on 05/31 or end of May. And then, I think I will be given curtailment period of 60 days. This is the reason I asked about applying for Visa when the current visa is 'curtailed"

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 09, 2024 12:55 pm

kundankanan wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 12:33 pm
So, my employment with the current employer will end on 05/31 or end of May. And then, I think I will be given curtailment period of 60 days. This is the reason I asked about applying for Visa when the current visa is 'curtailed"
If your visa expires at the end of May this year, there is no curtailment period as your visa ends. There is no 60 days period for you at all. Curtailment means reducing rhw visa validity, for example if someone has a visa valid till 2025 or 2026.

You either have to leave the UK or submit an application by the date your visa expires.

So what date does your brp card say your visa expires??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.