ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET (O) English language evidence as additional document

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

edawashere
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Progressing ILR application with a dependant baby who is an overstayer

Post by edawashere » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:56 am

Hello everyone,

I have been in the UK for 5 years with Tier 2 visa and we have applied for ILR for both me and my husband and gave biometrics on 26 February. I also have a 3 year old, who had the same visa with me ending on 15 April, and we haven't included him on the ILR since he was born here. Now his visa has expired, i wonder since it only has been 2 days of expiry, shall i go ahead and apply for ILR for him? Or i should wait until our applications are finalized and register him as a citizen right away? Can his visa expiry create a problem for our ILR application, i mean would they ask why we haven't put him as well?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Progressing ILR application with a dependant baby who is an overstayer

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:22 am

Or i should wait until our applications are finalized and register him as a citizen right away?

Yes.
Can his visa expiry create a problem for our ILR application,

No.
i mean would they ask why we haven't put him as well?
They could yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

edawashere
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by edawashere » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:32 am

If they ask, would it be acceptable if i tell them that i will register him as a citizen as soon as the ILR is granted?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:11 am

edawashere wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:32 am
If they ask, would it be acceptable if i tell them that i will register him as a citizen as soon as the ILR is granted?
Yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

edawashere
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR SET (O) English language evidence as additional document

Post by edawashere » Mon May 20, 2024 2:00 pm

Hello,

Today i have received an email from Home Office stating that we have not provided evidence for my husband's English language skills and they are requesting this as additional document but we actually gave the UER while submitting the Set(O) application, were we supposed to put the digital certificate copy as well?
In any case, should i request from Trinity College anything else just in case? I provided the UER as well as the digital screenshot of the certificate but i am failing to understand why they request this proof while i can't even send the application without the language evidence?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR SET (O) English language evidence as additional document

Post by zimba » Mon May 20, 2024 2:05 pm

For some reason, they may not have seen the URN, so you better supply this again.
For tests taken on or after 6 April 2015, applicants do not need to supply any
evidence of the English language test - instead they must provide a unique reference
number (URN).
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _in_UK.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

edawashere
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by edawashere » Wed Jun 05, 2024 1:31 pm

Hello,

Based on the above question, i have submitted the evidence on 20th May, it has been more than 10 days and still haven't heard anything from UKVI.

From experience, what is the approximate processing time after additional document request? Is there an email i can use for chasing the application as it has been more than 3 months now and i am getting worried :/

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 05, 2024 1:47 pm

edawashere wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 1:31 pm
Hello,

Based on the above question, i have submitted the evidence on 20th May, it has been more than 10 days and still haven't heard anything from UKVI.

From experience, what is the approximate processing time after additional document request? Is there an email i can use for chasing the application as it has been more than 3 months now and i am getting worried :/
It is variable. It can take as long as they see fit
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice