ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR through GTV

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BAR123
Newly Registered
India

ILR through GTV

Post by BAR123 » Mon May 20, 2024 10:31 pm

Hi,
I have been on GTV through a UKRI funder route working as a KTP associate for 30 months. However, my visa was valid for three years. After the KTP project ended the collaborative company hired me and I'm working with them for almost five months now. I have passed the 'life in the UK test' and have a PhD degree from a British university prior to joining KTP. Whilst I was working on the KTP, I have other earnings as well from jobs other than the KTP itself (money coming into the bank). Now that I've started working on my ILR application (coming within 28 days of my visa expiry)
1. Does that earnings from other job effect my application? On the list of 'other documents' required it is not asking me to provide bank statements unless I provide any official document from HMRC stating that I have paid tax on the salary earned from the employment related to my expert field?
2. I have heard from many applicants to ILR that you have to provide a supporting letter for every leave of absence during the visa (irrespective of the type GTV, Tier 2 etc). Is this correct?

Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR through GTV

Post by zimba » Tue May 21, 2024 1:56 am

1. There is no specific earning requirement for ILR under Global Talent Visa route

2. Incorrect. No letter is needed at all for your route
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

BAR123
Newly Registered
India

Re: ILR through GTV

Post by BAR123 » Tue May 21, 2024 1:58 am

That's very helpful. Thanks