ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR - with Tier 1 (General)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BDPK
Newly Registered

Applying for ILR - with Tier 1 (General)

Post by BDPK » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:49 am

Hi can you pls helping me , tier 1 general I am planning to apply for ilr but
1. first entry in uk I hv 47 days gap , is it any problem or do you think it may take GAP my application ?
2. Maternity allowance is it any problem for applying ILR ?
thanks

O_Relly

Re: Applying for ILR - with Tier 1 and Tier 2?

Post by O_Relly » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:58 pm

BDPK wrote:Hi can you pls helping me , tier 1 general I am planning to apply for ilr but
1. first entry in uk I hv 47 days gap , is it any problem or do you think it may take GAP my application ?
2. Maternity allowance is it any problem for applying ILR ?
thanks
BPDK - Not good practice to hijack thread of the OP, please raise your query as a separate thread.

However, to answer your questions,

1. Do you mean to say your 1st entry into UK was 47 days after entry clearance ? If this is the case, there is no problem as you will be covered by the 90 day concession rule, meaning if you entered UK within 90 days of entry clearance then your time towards ILR is calculated inclusive of those 90 days.

2. Maternity allowance is not a public fund, so claiming Maternity allowance is not an issue.
Cheers,
OR

BDPK
Newly Registered

Post by BDPK » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:24 pm

1st I am sorry brother , here is my clarification about your reply as bellows ....
no I just go thru on this mail and found this is very similar and related with Tier 1 (G) ground correspondence so I mention my query . also for your kind information I am very new in this site, so sorry again.

reg your answer point 1 & 2 , I am clear on my answer and thanks you very much for your support .

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:06 pm

You were told about maternity allowance in the past as well, and you claimed to have understood it on all such occasions!
But you still keep on repeating the same question time and again!! Why?

Please keep your queries in this topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

BDPK
Newly Registered

Re: Applying for ILR - with Tier 1 (General)

Post by BDPK » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:49 pm

Yes true what you say , but no one give me a clear reply like O_Relly give me like here today , only everyone send me a link which is old version - 2014 (u can check the link also)and I am sure after that thr should be a new update on law. so I am little confuse ,that's why asking the same question..

but O_Really thank you again for your supporting reply which is really make me relief .

now I hope I make it clear now why I am asking the same question . thanks

HarryJones

Post by HarryJones » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:50 pm

GOOD. MEANS YOU ARE OKAY NOW.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:04 pm

But O_Relly has provided no evidence to support the statement! Are you okay believing it .. without verifying if the law has changed since 2014?

A document published on the UK government website is always the "current" one unless noted otherwise, even it may have been published for the first time 10 years ago. When it is updated, the date of most recent update is given.

Anyways, glad to know that O_Relly gave the most satisfying answer that you can be sure of (hopefully).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:38 am

Nicely pointed out sushdmehta.

BDPK - It is obvious that an official document from gov.uk is the final authority over what ever I or anyone else say in an online forum.

Be aware there are quite a few occasions when well-meaning people on forums (including this one) provide 'advice' based on what they have heard from someone, which is not necessarily always true/factual.

It's nice when someone gives you a direct answer to your question. What sushdmehta is trying to do is just point you to the right source to find the authentic answers yourself.

Anyway you have your answer and your reassurance now. Good Luck with your ILR.
Cheers,
OR