ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) - Please help & guide

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Goblin

FLR(M) - Please help & guide

Post by Goblin » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:02 pm

Hi All,

A little help here will be very much appreciated. I am quite confused & unsure of what needs to be done. I do see many threads on the board but was unable to find similar situation as to mine.

I am currently on Tier 1 (Entrepreneur Visa) which gets expired on March' 2017. But I want to switch to a spouse visa.
Which I understood is FLR(M) please let me know if I am looking at a wrong category :)

So,
1) Can I switch my visa category now considering I have lot's of time remaining on my current visa (shouldn't make a difference but who knows, rules are quite weird these days)
2) My husband is a British Citizen so how many years will I get on my visa
3) As I have plans of travel but I am interested in getting this out of my way first so is there an option to take premium service for this category.
4) My husband has got his British nationality via naturalization. He hasn't applied for his British passport at the moment & won't do for next 3 months as he needs to travel out of Country for work (he holds Dual nationality so his travel isn't a problem). So, could I apply for my application showing his Naturalization Certificate & ILR stamp (on BRP). Or his British passport will be needed regardless.

Thanks a lot, a reply would be highly appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) - Please help & guide

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:03 pm

1) Can I switch my visa category now considering I have lot's of time remaining on my current visa (shouldn't make a difference but who knows, rules are quite weird these days) Yes, it should not be an issue to swtich.
2) My husband is a British Citizen so how many years will I get on my visa Initial FLR(M) visa for 2.5 years, then renew FLR(M) for another 2.5 years before you can apply for ILR. 5 years on spouse visa.
3) As I have plans of travel but I am interested in getting this out of my way first so is there an option to take premium service for this category. Yes, if you meet all the requirements.
4) My husband has got his British nationality via naturalization. He hasn't applied for his British passport at the moment & won't do for next 3 months as he needs to travel out of Country for work (he holds Dual nationality so his travel isn't a problem). So, could I apply for my application showing his Naturalization Certificate & ILR stamp (on BRP). Or his British passport will be needed regardless. Certificate is fine or ILR (BRP).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Goblin

Post by Goblin » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:57 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply.

For point 3) you said, yes if I meet all the requirements what kind of requirements are there.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:25 pm

Goblin wrote:Thanks a lot for your reply.

For point 3) you said, yes if I meet all the requirements what kind of requirements are there.
Your application should be 'straightforward' in order to apply at PEO - no previous refusals/ appeals/ no convictions... etc...

Goblin

Post by Goblin » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:06 am

Your application should be 'straightforward' in order to apply at PEO - no previous refusals/ appeals/ no convictions... etc...[/quote]

Hey Thanks for your reply. My previous application was refused but I won the appeal & got the visa. So in this case am I eligible for applying in person. But that was a different category. Please guide. Thanks

Also, I don't seem to find this particular information anywhere on home office site regarding eligibility criteria for applying in person. Could you give me the link where it says all.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:04 pm

Also, I don't seem to find this particular information anywhere on home office site regarding eligibility criteria for applying in person. Could you give me the link where it says all.
There isn't an official 'guidance'. However, if your application is not as straightforward as you or the caseworker thinks, you will be paying for premium service and they will hold your application for further enquiries and it then gets treated almost as a postal application (although sometimes resolved quicker than standard postal apps).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:24 pm

Does your Husband meet the financial requirement?

Please note that your path to settlement under Tier 1 may reset if you go to the spouse category.

I believe the BRP will be better the Naturalisation certificate may not be accepted on its own and it is really not necessary if you have the BRP.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Goblin

Post by Goblin » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:49 pm

[quote="Obie"]Does your Husband meet the financial requirement?

Please note that your path to settlement under Tier 1 may reset if you go to the spouse category.

I believe the BRP will be better the Naturalisation certificate may not be accepted on its own and it is really not necessary if you have the BRP.[/quote]

Thanks for letting me know. Yes, my husband meets the financial requirement. My application is straight forward. We have all the documents they would need. Just got me thinking will my refusal on my Tier 1 Entrepreneur ( which got through with successfull appeal) cause any sort of hindrance.