ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extended Family Member

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seekingadvice87

Re: Extended Family Member

Post by seekingadvice87 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:07 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately I don't know :( . May be make a post as I don't know how to draw the attention of a seniour member/moderator. Still figuring out how this forum works trust me. My questions since joining haven't been answered so I guess it has to do with how new you're on here. Not so sure. Hopefully someone other than me would reply you or send you a private message. I can't receive them.
May be try reading other people's posts? You may get some answers or similar. At least that's what I've been doing for now however, there aren't that may extended family member posts on here so it's not encouraging.

Not an easy road but stay positive and try to follow whatever documents have been requested for the route you're taking and follow the INIS website/ the check list on the EU1 form :) as I believe different individuals therefore different cases/documents that may be supplied but follow the basics at least from the form itself.

Goodluck and all the best to us!

legalaid

Post by legalaid » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:39 pm

Yes I think if you are not active or new member its not possible to get PMs. Even I am not able to do this now. Anyway I have seen your post so just wanted to share experiences of Extended family member case. Hope any senior member can help.

Which part of Ireland would you be applying from.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:46 pm

seekingadvice87 wrote:Hi,

Unfortunately I don't know :( . May be make a post as I don't know how to draw the attention of a seniour member/moderator. Still figuring out how this forum works trust me. My questions since joining haven't been answered so I guess it has to do with how new you're on here. Not so sure. Hopefully someone other than me would reply you or send you a private message. I can't receive them.
May be try reading other people's posts? You may get some answers or similar. At least that's what I've been doing for now however, there aren't that may extended family member posts on here so it's not encouraging.

Not an easy road but stay positive and try to follow whatever documents have been requested for the route you're taking and follow the INIS website/ the check list on the EU1 form :) as I believe different individuals therefore different cases/documents that may be supplied but follow the basics at least from the form itself.

What is your question that was not answered ?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

seekingadvice87

Post by seekingadvice87 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:19 am

Obie wrote:
seekingadvice87 wrote:Hi,

What is your question that was not answered ?

Hello Obie and thanks for your reply and I hope I've attached this right.

My questions were as follows;

As a permitted family member with no automatic rights

1.Will not having any status in Ireland affect my EU1 application yet to be submitted as I came via NI about a year ago now? I have no stamps whatsoever on my current passport

2. Staying in Ireland past the initial 3 months have any negative effect on the outcome? (I've read to submit the app within 3 months but I've stayed a year now to gather complete docs)

3. Previous UK immigration history as I left I think it was in the middle of a JR?

I didn't follow my case up in the end because I sought advise from a second solicitor who confirmed my suspicions with my first one, however it was late for me and I didn't want to overstay my T4 visa which expired in Oct 2014 just around the very moment my sibling was moving to Ireland to set up another company and so I came along.

I've seen answers to my questions but for family members whom I know have automatic rights but I want to know for permitted members please.

Also, is there a way I can know when someone's replied to my post? I'm still figuring this out and apologies for only replying now. I've literally just seen your reply so thank you for that and God bless!

By the way! I can receive private messages now! :) Or may be I never realised it was at the top left corner haha!

legalaid

Post by legalaid » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:29 pm

Sorry I am also having trouble in getting PMS. Whats the situation of your case. People are getting very late response for stamp 4 and not sure how long would it take for new applicants. Its bit frustrating especially when you are not earning.

owsiddiqui
Newly Registered

Post by owsiddiqui » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:18 pm

I am also in the same boat and would like to get some information about the application for EU1 form, my sister (EEA citizen) is planning to move to Ireland and use her treaty rights and I am also planning to move with her. The question arises when the "other or extended family members" do not automatically get the right of 90 days and when applying for Irish visa through directive 2004/38/EC the Irish embassy is dealing it separately other than national law.
Can I go through N Ireland route and while travelling from N Ireland could I use the article Article 5 Clause 4
4. Where a Union citizen, or a family member who is not a national of a Member State, does not have the necessary travel documents or, if required, the necessary visas, the Member State concerned shall, before turning them back, give such persons every reasonable opportunity to obtain the necessary documents or have them brought to them within a reasonable period of time or to corroborate or prove by other means that they are covered by the right of free movement and residence.
Where the family member get the right to have a reasonable opportunity (or time) to prove.

1-Through this clause will I be eligible to get the 90 days through the immigration officer or do I still need to apply for visa? Or if I apply from Ireland without obtaining a visa will it going to affect my EU1 application where it ask your current status?
2-Is there any other way through the Directive I could use my right and enter Ireland?
Me and my sister are planning to move in March or April hopefully depending upon the situation.

owsiddiqui
Newly Registered

Post by owsiddiqui » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:49 pm

Can anyone guide?
Please reply on the post as I could not see the private message at the moment.

sanfon
Newly Registered

Post by sanfon » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:51 am

owsiddiqui wrote:Can anyone guide?
Please reply on the post as I could not see the private message at the moment.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... 46-60.html

legalaid

Post by legalaid » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:14 pm

Is it OK to provide the UK Home ownership Docs(Mortgage statement) with EU visa applications for extended family members as a proof where we lived before coming to ireland. Or would it be a problem that one still has ties in UK in terms of moving center of life.

Is it required to prove both household/dependency or household would be enough.

What should ideally be written in covering letter.

BTW i have seen one letter for stamp 4 today and it took almost 15 weeks.

@ seekinglegaladvise any updates?

owsiddiqui
Newly Registered

Post by owsiddiqui » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:21 pm

@sanfon
I have been through to the thread where nahmed wrote about his brother refusal but still it didn't answer my questions.
1- According to directive 2004/38/EC Article 5(4) where the Member state should provide every opportunity to obtain "necessary documents" (does it refer to visa)? And at the time of entry from NI to ROI through CTA(Common Travel Area) could the immigration control offer "stamp 4" on the basis of this clause of the article if travelling with my EEA/EU citizen?
2- If somebody has moved without proper documents/visa and applied for EU1 application, will (or could) that application be refused on ground of arriving in ROI illegally?
3- If somebody has been refused on those ground could they apply for judicial review and on what grounds could that be done?

nahmed

Post by nahmed » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:18 pm

Dear owsiddiqui,

Let me try to answer your queries, although I request the seniors to correct me where I go wrong:

1) Yes, it refer to a visa/family permit, however it is eligible on Direct family members and not permitted members. The border staff will not give FP/Visa to a permitted member on arrival. Now, specific to the travel between NI to ROI under the CTA, there normally isn't a formal border check controlling the flow of people in both directions. However, there may be snap checking at times.

2) The answer is NO as legal residence is not a requirement following the ECJ Metock judgement, but its kind of a grey area when it comes to illegal entry, seniors might be able to clarify/comment better on this if indeed the illegal entry is also covered under Metock. However, right or wrong, be prepared that they can create trouble on this basis as the IRISH are getting tougher and tougher day by day and the extended FMs are at the forefront of the whip.

3) Yes, JR will be an available option if they do refuse on this basis.

Please search for Malik's post which covers both your query 2 and 3.

Hope I have answered your queries.

legalaid

Post by legalaid » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:25 am

Is it OK to provide the UK Home ownership Docs(Mortgage statement) with EU visa applications for extended family members as a proof where we lived before coming to ireland. Or would it be a problem that one still has ties in UK in terms of moving center of life.

Is it required to prove both household/dependency or household would be enough.

What should ideally be written in covering letter. Any sample please?

imrann89
Newly Registered

Post by imrann89 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:33 am

try to figure out something in uk I know its hard but at least you settle there.... and yap you have to move to Ireland with your brother and its not easy process as its look because you have to prove the dependency and even Ireland foreign affair fully aware of this that everyone is coming from uk and applying for this procesd

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:39 am

Imran forum facilities are not open to abuse.

If you continue to post irrelevant post for the sole purpose of acquiring 30 post, I will simply ban you without a second thought.

Therefore even acquiring the 30 post will not enable you to achieve the benefit you are seeking to acquire.

I am watching you very closely and so has my colleague.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:14 am

Obie wrote:Imran forum facilities are not open to abuse.

If you continue to post irrelevant post for the sole purpose of acquiring 30 post, I will simply ban you without a second thought.

Therefore even acquiring the 30 post will not enable you to achieve the benefit you are seeking to acquire.

I am watching you very closely and so has my colleague.
+1 Obie, first thing I checked when I logged in this morning. User has been issued with 2 warnings already.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.