ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport- Newport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

nnn15
Member
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:55 am

Re: British Passport- Newport

Post by nnn15 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:29 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:03 pm
nnn15 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:56 pm
skasyap wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:43 am
If you will see my timeline, my application status was changed directly from documents received to application approved. I understand your worries as I was in the same situation, but I made an official complain after 3 weeks as they did not bother assigning my case to examiner.

I would say wait till next Friday and if nothing happens then just contact them on Liverpool@hmpo.gov.uk

Trust me every single email I sent to this email address, some human responded back to give me real update on my application. Don’t waste your time calling HMPO contact centre or via chat. They will simply ask you to wait for 6 weeks which is their timeline or May be longer because every case is different and blah blah !!

Good luck!!
Also see:
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... iries.ofml
Many thanks CULLINAN!

skasyap
Member
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:57 am
India

Re: British Passport- Newport

Post by skasyap » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:46 am

skasyap wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:44 pm
jotaele wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:20 pm
skasyap wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:05 pm
jotaele wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:43 am


Track your shipment in the TNT website using the PEX code and you should have two different shipments listed. One for the passport and a different one for the supporting documents.
Unfortunately Freight type is still showing as Passport and No of items is still showing as 1/1 till today date with the delivery date in past 09th of Feb.
Then better to escalate this, I'm afraid.
I have, they got two weeks timescale to deliver documents so have to wait till Tuesday the 23rd of Feb before they will do anything. Timescale excuse is their strongest weapon against our any concerns. They would simply wait till the last day rather acting now and finding if everything is ok.
Finally my supporting document is now appearing on TNT after sending an email out to Liverpool@hmpo.gov.uk

Expected to receive my documents back by 22nd of Feb.

VWS
Junior Member
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:46 am

Re: British Passport- Newport

Post by VWS » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:36 pm

Hi

Applied for my first british passport and been advised to send docs to Peterborough HMPO and here is my timeline:

Identity details received 12:10pm on 19 February 2021

Email sent to person confirming your identity 12:00pm on 19 February 2021

Ask someone to confirm your identity 11:55am on 19 February 2021

Documents received 11:59am on 12 February 2021

Application received 12:30pm on 9 February 2021

Identity details received 12:30pm on 9 February 2021

Email sent to person confirming your identity 12:22pm on 9 February 2021

Ask someone to confirm your identity 12:18pm on 9 February 2021

Application submitted 12:18pm on 9 February 2021


Any ideas why I have been asked to confirm identity twice. The person who confirmed it in the first place is a lecturer at a University.

Never read or heard any such thing prior to this...

Any ideas????

Jefymum
Junior Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:03 am

Re: British Passport- Newport

Post by Jefymum » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:44 pm

Hi all, TNT has delivered my supporting documents to a wrong address, has it happened to anyone? How did you handle it..I've called TNT who have opened a case and say they'll ask the driver to go to that address and retrieve the documents...(I hope that driver doesn't get into trouble though)...

User avatar
CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Posts: 11095
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 pm
Pakistan

Re: British Passport- Newport

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:07 pm

Jefymum wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:44 pm
Hi all, TNT has delivered my supporting documents to a wrong address, has it happened to anyone? How did you handle it..I've called TNT who have opened a case and say they'll ask the driver to go to that address and retrieve the documents...(I hope that driver doesn't get into trouble though)...
How do you know? Usually TNT driver takes a photo of the door and attaches with the delivery stamp? Is there any photo attached? Where is the other address? Closer to you?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

User avatar
CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Posts: 11095
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 pm
Pakistan

Re: British Passport- Newport

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:10 pm

VWS wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:36 pm
HMPO can request anyone to provide someone else to confirm their identity. Nothing to worry.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Missi
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:33 pm
Pakistan

Re: British Passport- Newport

Post by Missi » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:24 pm

Hi to all members!
Anyone here got ILR on bases of refugee visa and after British citizenship applied for first British passport and called for interview.. can you please share your experience.. thanks

User avatar
CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Posts: 11095
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 pm
Pakistan

Re: British Passport- Newport

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:28 pm

Missi wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:24 pm
Hi to all members!
Anyone here got ILR on bases of refugee visa and after British citizenship applied for first British passport and called for interview.. can you please share your experience.. thanks
Interview is simply to confirm your identity. Nothing else. It has nothing to do with which route you got your ILR and British Citizenship eventually.
Anyone can be called for an interview (not necessarily only a refugee).
You are a British Citizen now. Nothing to fear. Interview is simple questions to confirm your identity only.

Also see:
british-citizenship/passport-interview- ... 64893.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Missi
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:33 pm
Pakistan

Re: British Passport- Newport

Post by Missi » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:33 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:28 pm
Missi wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:24 pm
Hi to all members!
Anyone here got ILR on bases of refugee visa and after British citizenship applied for first British passport and called for interview.. can you please share your experience.. thanks
Interview is simply to confirm your identity. Nothing else. It has nothing to do with which route you got your ILR and British Citizenship eventually.
Anyone can be called for an interview (not necessarily only a refugee).
You are a British Citizen now. Nothing to fear. Interview is simple questions to confirm your identity only.

Also see:
british-citizenship/passport-interview- ... 64893.html
Thanks a lot your help is much appreciated.. actually me any family booked tickets to travel for 4th of March .. I think m not going to make it😪

User avatar
CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Posts: 11095
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 pm
Pakistan

Re: British Passport- Newport

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:35 pm

Missi wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:33 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:28 pm
Missi wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:24 pm
Hi to all members!
Anyone here got ILR on bases of refugee visa and after British citizenship applied for first British passport and called for interview.. can you please share your experience.. thanks
Interview is simply to confirm your identity. Nothing else. It has nothing to do with which route you got your ILR and British Citizenship eventually.
Anyone can be called for an interview (not necessarily only a refugee).
You are a British Citizen now. Nothing to fear. Interview is simple questions to confirm your identity only.

Also see:
british-citizenship/passport-interview- ... 64893.html
Thanks a lot your help is much appreciated.. actually me any family booked tickets to travel for 4th of March .. I think m not going to make it😪
Pakistan has banned all UK flights till 28th Feb. It is uncertain what will happen after that. Also, not sure where you live, but during UK lockdown international travel is banned also for now (unless work related). You risk fines otherwise.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

User avatar
CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Posts: 11095
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 pm
Pakistan

Re: British Passport- Newport

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:51 pm

@Missi
For Pakistan, UK is in the Cat C country. Pakistani Nationals/NICOP holders can travel only in exceptional circumstances with NCOC approval only.
https://covid.gov.pk/intl_travellers/current_policies

Also, if you were a refugee, I would advise you not to renew your Pakistani passport or travel on it to Pakistan. You should only travel to Pakistan on your British Passport and NICOP.

You can only get NICOP made after you have a British Passport (British Naturalisation Certificate) unless you got it made before that with some connections in the High Commission.

Returning to Pakistan on a Pakistani Passport if you were a refugee is not advisable.

So unless you got your NICOP made already, you will have to wait for it after British Passport. March seems unlikely for you to travel unfortunately.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Missi
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:33 pm
Pakistan

Re: British Passport- Newport

Post by Missi » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:30 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:51 pm
@Missi
For Pakistan, UK is in the Cat C country. Pakistani Nationals/NICOP holders can travel only in exceptional circumstances with NCOC approval only.
https://covid.gov.pk/intl_travellers/current_policies

Also, if you were a refugee, I would advise you not to renew your Pakistani passport or travel on it to Pakistan. You should only travel to Pakistan on your British Passport and NICOP.

You can only get NICOP made after you have a British Passport (British Naturalisation Certificate) unless you got it made before that with some connections in the High Commission.

Returning to Pakistan on a Pakistani Passport if you were a refugee is not advisable.

So unless you got your NICOP made already, you will have to wait for it after British Passport. March seems unlikely for you to travel unfortunately.
JazakAllah for the detailed answer, actually I was going to travel on my Nicop and with British passport but now after the interview call it’s impossible to get passport with 2/3 days and need to book COVID test which is 72 hours prior to flight.. and my intervw in on 22 of February.. big disappointment

User avatar
CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Posts: 11095
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 pm
Pakistan

Re: British Passport- Newport

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:04 pm

You can request the interviewer on 22nd Feb to expedite the case if you have valid reason to travel:
1) Qualify to enter Pakistan in exceptional cases.
2) Travel internationally during UK lockdown by law.

If you can prove the above, you may get the British Passport just on time by 1st March. Good luck.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Missi
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:33 pm
Pakistan

Re: British Passport- Newport

Post by Missi » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:10 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:04 pm
You can request the interviewer on 22nd Feb to expedite the case if you have valid reason to travel:
1) Qualify to enter Pakistan in exceptional cases.
2) Travel internationally during UK lockdown by law.

If you can prove the above, you may get the British Passport just on time by 1st March. Good luck.
JazakAllah! What you suggest is it alright to mention about my travel as previously got travel document.

User avatar
CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Posts: 11095
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 pm
Pakistan

Re: British Passport- Newport

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:30 pm

Missi wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:10 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:04 pm
You can request the interviewer on 22nd Feb to expedite the case if you have valid reason to travel:
1) Qualify to enter Pakistan in exceptional cases.
2) Travel internationally during UK lockdown by law.

If you can prove the above, you may get the British Passport just on time by 1st March. Good luck.
JazakAllah! What you suggest is it alright to mention about my travel as previously got travel document.
First question: Is your travel essential by UK LAW? Do you qualify for special permission to enter Pakistan? Do you want to risk stopped at UK airport? Denied boarding or fined? Are you prepared for it?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Jefymum
Junior Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:03 am

Re: British Passport- Newport

Post by Jefymum » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:06 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:07 pm
Jefymum wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:44 pm
Hi all, TNT has delivered my supporting documents to a wrong address, has it happened to anyone? How did you handle it..I've called TNT who have opened a case and say they'll ask the driver to go to that address and retrieve the documents...(I hope that driver doesn't get into trouble though)...
How do you know? Usually TNT driver takes a photo of the door and attaches with the delivery stamp? Is there any photo attached? Where is the other address? Closer to you?
Yes there's a photo but it's not my door...not even my neighbor downstairs....I'll wait to hear from them

User avatar
CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Posts: 11095
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 pm
Pakistan

Re: British Passport- Newport

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:12 pm

Jefymum wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:06 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:07 pm
Jefymum wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:44 pm
Hi all, TNT has delivered my supporting documents to a wrong address, has it happened to anyone? How did you handle it..I've called TNT who have opened a case and say they'll ask the driver to go to that address and retrieve the documents...(I hope that driver doesn't get into trouble though)...
How do you know? Usually TNT driver takes a photo of the door and attaches with the delivery stamp? Is there any photo attached? Where is the other address? Closer to you?
Yes there's a photo but it's not my door...not even my neighbor downstairs....I'll wait to hear from them
Hope you get your documents back!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Human1212
Newly Registered
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:28 am
Cuba

Re: British Passport- Newport

Post by Human1212 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:28 pm

Hi there,
I applied for my First passport at 3rd Feb and my
Supporting documents delivered 9th Feb , application been in processing from 12th and still didn’t hear anything about the progress.
Is that normal ? I mean if I compare my applications with others applicants, seems they got been approved in 3 to 4 days .

My HMPO is Peterborough

h623d
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:18 pm

Re: British Passport- Newport

Post by h623d » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:20 pm

Human1212 wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:28 pm
Hi there,
I applied for my First passport at 3rd Feb and my
Supporting documents delivered 9th Feb , application been in processing from 12th and still didn’t hear anything about the progress.
Is that normal ? I mean if I compare my applications with others applicants, seems they got been approved in 3 to 4 days .

My HMPO is Peterborough
I applied on 30th January at HM Peterborough and my application been in process on 12th & still waiting unfortunately they processing the application very slow if we compare to the others offices.

nnn15
Member
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:55 am

Re: British Passport- Newport

Post by nnn15 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:14 pm

h623d wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:20 pm
Human1212 wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:28 pm
Hi there,
I applied for my First passport at 3rd Feb and my
Supporting documents delivered 9th Feb , application been in processing from 12th and still didn’t hear anything about the progress.
Is that normal ? I mean if I compare my applications with others applicants, seems they got been approved in 3 to 4 days .

My HMPO is Peterborough
I applied on 30th January at HM Peterborough and my application been in process on 12th & still waiting unfortunately they processing the application very slow if we compare to the others offices.
I applied on 22 January and my documents were delivered on 25 January, still processing. HMPO Durham.

skasyap
Member
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:57 am
India

Re: British Passport- Newport

Post by skasyap » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:27 pm

skasyap wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:46 am
skasyap wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:44 pm
jotaele wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:20 pm
skasyap wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:05 pm


Unfortunately Freight type is still showing as Passport and No of items is still showing as 1/1 till today date with the delivery date in past 09th of Feb.
Then better to escalate this, I'm afraid.
I have, they got two weeks timescale to deliver documents so have to wait till Tuesday the 23rd of Feb before they will do anything. Timescale excuse is their strongest weapon against our any concerns. They would simply wait till the last day rather acting now and finding if everything is ok.
Finally my supporting document is now appearing on TNT after sending an email out to Liverpool@hmpo.gov.uk

Expected to receive my documents back by 22nd of Feb.
Absolutely disappointed after seeing certificate was folded in half plus crushed badly. Made an official claim and following the process to get a new one.

Complain process :
Step 1 Call 03002220000 and tell them you would like to make a complain
Step 2 complain department will take some details from you so that complain can be logged
Step 3 complain department will email you acknowledging the mistake and will advise you to send the naturalisation certificate back to HM Passport Office PO Box 767 SOUTHPORT PR8 9PW
Step 4 send your certificate back including envelope as a recorded delivery and keep the receipt
Step 5 email the receipt back to the team so that any cost incurred to you can be reimbursed
Step 6 include a cover letter if you need certificate urgently otherwise wait for minimum 6 weeks to receive your certificate.

User avatar
CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Posts: 11095
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 pm
Pakistan

Re: British Passport- Newport

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:33 pm

skasyap wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:27 pm
Hope you paid/included a hard envelope now so its not crumbled again?
Once they start to work on your case and have granted the replacement (by photo proof), they will sent you email including an address in Southport to return your certificate.
We aren’t allowed to have two certificates at any time.
They advice (spoke to them on the phone) to post with the creased certificate a hard envelope with your return address, you could already pay for the Porto to make sure they will use that one and not the typical white flimsy envelope again they usually use. They will refund your Porto.
british-citizenship/naturalisation-cert ... 10985.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

skasyap
Member
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:57 am
India

Re: British Passport- Newport

Post by skasyap » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:54 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:33 pm
skasyap wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:27 pm
Hope you paid/included a hard envelope now so its not crumbled again?
Once they start to work on your case and have granted the replacement (by photo proof), they will sent you email including an address in Southport to return your certificate.
We aren’t allowed to have two certificates at any time.
They advice (spoke to them on the phone) to post with the creased certificate a hard envelope with your return address, you could already pay for the Porto to make sure they will use that one and not the typical white flimsy envelope again they usually use. They will refund your Porto.
british-citizenship/naturalisation-cert ... 10985.html
Thanks CULLINAN, yes that’s what I did when I sent it first time.sent my documents in a hard envelope with care and got that returned is an acceptable state. They just simply don’t care 😡😡
Guy I spoke to said m not the first person who is complaining about this so they are getting this issue left right and Center. Hopefully someone will look into improving the overall process.

User avatar
CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Posts: 11095
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 pm
Pakistan

Re: British Passport- Newport

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:40 pm

skasyap wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:54 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:33 pm
skasyap wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:27 pm
Hope you paid/included a hard envelope now so its not crumbled again?
Once they start to work on your case and have granted the replacement (by photo proof), they will sent you email including an address in Southport to return your certificate.
We aren’t allowed to have two certificates at any time.
They advice (spoke to them on the phone) to post with the creased certificate a hard envelope with your return address, you could already pay for the Porto to make sure they will use that one and not the typical white flimsy envelope again they usually use. They will refund your Porto.
british-citizenship/naturalisation-cert ... 10985.html
Thanks CULLINAN, yes that’s what I did when I sent it first time.sent my documents in a hard envelope with care and got that returned is an acceptable state. They just simply don’t care 😡😡
Guy I spoke to said m not the first person who is complaining about this so they are getting this issue left right and Center. Hopefully someone will look into improving the overall process.
What I meant was, you should send a PRE-PAID return hard envelope for them to send you a replacement, otherwise they will again use their flimsy envelope for the new replacement.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

skasyap
Member
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:57 am
India

Re: British Passport- Newport

Post by skasyap » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:45 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:40 pm
skasyap wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:54 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:33 pm
skasyap wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:27 pm
Hope you paid/included a hard envelope now so its not crumbled again?
Once they start to work on your case and have granted the replacement (by photo proof), they will sent you email including an address in Southport to return your certificate.
We aren’t allowed to have two certificates at any time.
They advice (spoke to them on the phone) to post with the creased certificate a hard envelope with your return address, you could already pay for the Porto to make sure they will use that one and not the typical white flimsy envelope again they usually use. They will refund your Porto.
british-citizenship/naturalisation-cert ... 10985.html
Thanks CULLINAN, yes that’s what I did when I sent it first time.sent my documents in a hard envelope with care and got that returned is an acceptable state. They just simply don’t care 😡😡
Guy I spoke to said m not the first person who is complaining about this so they are getting this issue left right and Center. Hopefully someone will look into improving the overall process.
What I meant was, you should send a PRE-PAID return hard envelope for them to send you a replacement, otherwise they will again use their flimsy envelope for the new replacement.
Sorry mate should have gone to spec savers for good pair of glasses 🤓 lol. knowing how they operate, chances are they would still send my new certificate in a4 envelope and would not bother using prepaid. Anyway it’s all done, can’t take stress anymore.

Post Reply
cron