ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Private Message

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Private Message

Post by CalvinKlien » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:02 pm

Guys, I have noticed alot of the users private messaging is not enabled. In the recent weeks I have received alot of private message and when i try to reply, the users cannot receive my email back.

I am sure most of other members on the forum would be facing the same problem. Could all of us check our account settings if we want to receive back an email from someone ?

Amber
Mood:

Re: Private Message

Post by Amber » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:35 pm

Members must have a minimum number of posts before they're able to use PM facilities. This promotes members creating threads, which is the whole point of a forum.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sam0044
Newly Registered

Post by sam0044 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:02 am

How many posts are we talking about here?

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:16 am

I believe it was set as 10. The new board administrator would be able to confirm.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:07 pm

Yes Casa is correct.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

NK_2014
Newly Registered

Post by NK_2014 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:46 pm

Hi,

I just received a notification today that I have a private message on the forum, but I went to retrieve it and was told that I am not allowed to access PMs. To be perfectly honest, I only joined to ask one question, as most of my other immigration concerns were already satisfied by the time I found the board and I'm too busy to answer others' questions (sorry). Nobody responded directly to my enquiry on the board, probably because it's a slightly sensitive topic, so I was thrilled to see that I received a PM today regarding my question. I clicked the link in the message only to find that I don't have access to the PM. How is it that I someone can write me a message and I can receive a notification about it when it only exists behind some smoke screen? Will this message I supposedly received EVER be available to me?

Thanks,

NK

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:48 pm

You've posted a question in a general discussion thread which most of the senior members don't frequent. I've split the topic and it should get answered. You can't access PMs yet I'm afraid.

kuzaaah

Messaging members directly for information

Post by kuzaaah » Fri May 30, 2014 9:53 am

Dear Moderators,

Please I noticed that I can't send private messages and upon searching, I discovered that the facility is locked against new members. Is there any way one could contact members directly? I understand that there may be the need to share a problem or an issue freely on the board but I have raised an issue and it has got many views but only one person responded. I will suggest that the private message facility be opened so that those requiring urgent help or assistance could reach out to those who have processed their visa successfully. It would help a great deal.
txn Kuz

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Messaging members directly for information

Post by Lucapooka » Fri May 30, 2014 10:49 am

I would guess the unlocking of PM feature is automatic and related to number of previous posts. It's a spam filter to protect genuine members. In spite of this, you are taking a risk by asking questions in private with anonymous posters. The veracity of a question asked and answered in public can be challenged or corrected by other members, but if you are told in private that you need to ride an elephant when attending a PEO, there will be no way of preventing you making that mistake.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri May 30, 2014 11:16 am

The PM facility is activated once a member has made 10 posts.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ILR10YEARBASIS

how can read my private message

Post by ILR10YEARBASIS » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:35 pm

Hi,
I have recieved a private message , i tried to view it but it says "you not authorised" please help how can i read my private message .

thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:21 am

If you read through this thread you will see that you can only access your PMs once you've made 10 posts. So far you've only made 5.
(Casa, not CR001)

ILR10YEARBASIS

Post by ILR10YEARBASIS » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:03 pm

Casa wrote:If you read through this thread you will see that you can only access your PMs once you've made 10 posts. So far you've only made 5.
thank you very much

ILR10YEARBASIS

Post by ILR10YEARBASIS » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:04 pm

Amber wrote:You've posted a question in a general discussion thread which most of the senior members don't frequent. I've split the topic and it should get answered. You can't access PMs yet I'm afraid.

thanks Amber , Much appreciated

ILR10YEARBASIS

Post by ILR10YEARBASIS » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:04 pm

NK_2014 wrote:Hi,

I just received a notification today that I have a private message on the forum, but I went to retrieve it and was told that I am not allowed to access PMs. To be perfectly honest, I only joined to ask one question, as most of my other immigration concerns were already satisfied by the time I found the board and I'm too busy to answer others' questions (sorry). Nobody responded directly to my enquiry on the board, probably because it's a slightly sensitive topic, so I was thrilled to see that I received a PM today regarding my question. I clicked the link in the message only to find that I don't have access to the PM. How is it that I someone can write me a message and I can receive a notification about it when it only exists behind some smoke screen? Will this message I supposedly received EVER be available to me?

Thanks,

NK

got to wait bit more my friend

ILR10YEARBASIS

Post by ILR10YEARBASIS » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:05 pm

Lucapooka wrote:I would guess the unlocking of PM feature is automatic and related to number of previous posts. It's a spam filter to protect genuine members. In spite of this, you are taking a risk by asking questions in private with anonymous posters. The veracity of a question asked and answered in public can be challenged or corrected by other members, but if you are told in private that you need to ride an elephant when attending a PEO, there will be no way of preventing you making that mistake.

thank you for info

ILR10YEARBASIS

Post by ILR10YEARBASIS » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:06 pm

kuzaaah wrote:Dear Moderators,

Please I noticed that I can't send private messages and upon searching, I discovered that the facility is locked against new members. Is there any way one could contact members directly? I understand that there may be the need to share a problem or an issue freely on the board but I have raised an issue and it has got many views but only one person responded. I will suggest that the private message facility be opened so that those requiring urgent help or assistance could reach out to those who have processed their visa successfully. It would help a great deal.
txn Kuz

got to wait bit more I think

sruthigl
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by sruthigl » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:44 pm

Hi all,
I am also not able to view private messages. Is there any time period or minimum no: of posts requirement?

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:46 pm

The Board Administrator has recently increased the minimum posts to 30 before the PM facility is activated.
(Casa, not CR001)

sruthigl
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by sruthigl » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:52 pm

Oh ok, so 30 it is. Thank you for clarifying.

STOODELK1
Newly Registered

Post by STOODELK1 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:18 pm

Thanks

ITEXPERT

Post by ITEXPERT » Sat May 20, 2017 7:10 am

Casa wrote:The PM facility is activated once a member has made 10 posts.
Dear Casa
Am I allowed to us PM facility? Many thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat May 20, 2017 7:23 am

Casa wrote:The Board Administrator has recently increased the minimum posts to 30 before the PM facility is activated.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ITEXPERT

Post by ITEXPERT » Sat May 20, 2017 1:16 pm

Thanks for your reply. is it auto activation?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:31 pm

ITEXPERT wrote:Thanks for your reply. is it auto activation?
Yes it should be. You should be aware that if there is any indication of abuse of the PM function, be it sending unsolicited PMs to members etc, suddenly stopping posting publicly and only via PM etc, then PM function will be withdrawn permanently.

Members should always post in public so that any information posted can be checked, corrected if necessary and validated.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.