ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First Spouse FLR(M) application questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

mark2019
Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 9:49 am

Fiancé Visa To Spouse Visa

Post by mark2019 » Wed May 27, 2020 3:53 pm

Hello Guys

I hope you are all well. Just a quick question please.


My parents want to send me some money towards our wedding to my bank account. I remember when doing a visit visa it was not advisable to lump a large amount of money into your account before applying for the visa. Is this the same for moving from fiancé to spouse visa? Or is it fine for them to send it!

Stay Safe

Many Thanks

User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 8702
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Re: Fiancé Visa To Spouse Visa

Post by seagul » Wed May 27, 2020 4:47 pm

mark2019 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:53 pm
Hello Guys

I hope you are all well. Just a quick question please.


My parents want to send me some money towards our wedding to my bank account. I remember when doing a visit visa it was not advisable to lump a large amount of money into your account before applying for the visa. Is this the same for moving from fiancé to spouse visa? Or is it fine for them to send it!

Stay Safe

Many Thanks
It won't be rigorously scrutinized for family visas provided the sponsor is earning sufficiently. However, there might be little inconvenience arised where if the amount is larger than the daily limit depending on the receiver'/sender's none-UK bank who might ask the reason/source of such transfer.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mark2019
Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 9:49 am

Re: Fiancé Visa To Spouse Visa

Post by mark2019 » Wed May 27, 2020 9:59 pm

Hello Thank you for the reply

I am the sponsor, it’s from my mum and dads account and the reference is wedding gift. My bank account has a substantial amount of savings prior to the transfer, and earn quite a fair amount above the minimum income allowance. With that being said should I worry?

Many Thanks

User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 8702
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Re: Fiancé Visa To Spouse Visa

Post by seagul » Wed May 27, 2020 10:07 pm

mark2019 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 9:59 pm
With that being said should I worry?

Many Thanks
No need to worry as nothing will affect by doing so.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ChugaLuvMe
Junior Member
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:32 pm
Malta

Re: Fiancé Visa To Spouse Visa

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Wed May 27, 2020 10:12 pm

mark2019 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 9:59 pm
Hello Thank you for the reply

I am the sponsor, it’s from my mum and dads account and the reference is wedding gift. My bank account has a substantial amount of savings prior to the transfer, and earn quite a fair amount above the minimum income allowance. With that being said should I worry?

Many Thanks
No, a financial wedding gift won't be a problem considering the financial requirement is met without this fee.

mark2019
Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 9:49 am

Re: Fiancé Visa To Spouse Visa

Post by mark2019 » Wed May 27, 2020 10:30 pm

Thank you guys

mark2019
Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 9:49 am

Evidence Of Accommodation

Post by mark2019 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:12 pm

Hello Guys

Just a quick one with regards to evidence of accommodation going from Fiancé visa to Spouse Visa, applying from the UK, applicant arrived in March 2020. Am I missing anything here?

Sponsors Name;

Title deeds
Council tax
Tv Licence
Virgin Tv
Bank Account

Both Names;

Energy Bill
Water Bill

Applicant Name;

Bank account

Many Thanks

User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 8702
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Re: Evidence Of Accommodation

Post by seagul » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:19 pm

mark2019 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:12 pm
Hello Guys

Just a quick one with regards to evidence of accommodation going from Fiancé visa to Spouse Visa, applying from the UK, applicant arrived in March 2020. Am I missing anything here?

Sponsors Name;

Title deeds
Council tax
Tv Licence
Virgin Tv
Bank Account

Both Names;

Energy Bill
Water Bill

Applicant Name;

Bank account

Many Thanks
To meet the accomodation requirement you would only need title deeds, mortgage statement, noc letter from owner (if you don't own) and council tax bill (optional)
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mark2019
Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 9:49 am

Re: Fiancé Visa To Spouse Visa

Post by mark2019 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:08 am

Thank you for that

What’s the reason From what I’ve seen that so many people seem to add joint statements, utility bills, tv licence etc?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 74657
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Fiancé Visa To Spouse Visa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:12 am

mark2019 wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:08 am
Thank you for that

What’s the reason From what I’ve seen that so many people seem to add joint statements, utility bills, tv licence etc?
It is for the second FLR M spouse visa extension and ILR to prove cohabitation and subsisting relationship for the preceding two years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mark2019
Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 9:49 am

Re: Fiancé Visa To Spouse Visa

Post by mark2019 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:06 pm

Makes sense, thank you for clearing that up, so really when you move over from fiancé to spouse visa am I right in thinking apart from IELTS A2, marriage certificate and NHS payment everything is the same in terms of documents you have to supply except updated?

User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 8702
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Re: Fiancé Visa To Spouse Visa

Post by seagul » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:24 pm

mark2019 wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:06 pm
Makes sense, thank you for clearing that up, so really when you move over from fiancé to spouse visa am I right in thinking apart from IELTS A2, marriage certificate and NHS payment everything is the same in terms of documents you have to supply except updated?
Yes precisely. A1 is needed at this stage.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mark2019
Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 9:49 am

Re: Fiancé Visa To Spouse Visa

Post by mark2019 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:16 pm

Perfect, I was under the impression FLR(M) requires IELTS A2 not A1?

Many Thanks

vinny
Moderator
Posts: 28944
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:58 pm

Re: Fiancé Visa To Spouse Visa

Post by vinny » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:49 pm

mark2019 wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:16 pm
Perfect, I was under the impression FLR(M) requires IELTS A2 not A1?
Subject to English language requirement.

Fiancé(e) is regarded as a partner under GEN.1.2.(iii).

However, if you can pass B1, then all the better.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mark2019
Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 9:49 am

Re: Fiancé Visa To Spouse Visa

Post by mark2019 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:03 am

Hello

Getting slightly confused now, just so that I am being 100% clear as I don’t want to pay for the exam if not needed. My fiancé is currently here in the UK on a fiancé visa, we are getting married on 4th July 2020 (subject to marriages resuming 🤞🏽) once we are married we will be applying almost straight away for FLR(M) within the UK.
She currently has IELTS A1 which we used for the fiancé visa, does she require to take another test i.e A2? Or are you saying A1 can also be used for when we apply for FLR(M)

Many thanks in advance

User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 8702
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Re: Fiancé Visa To Spouse Visa

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:29 am

mark2019 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:03 am
.
She currently has IELTS A1 which we used for the fiancé visa, does she require to take another test i.e A2? Or are you saying A1 can also be used for when we apply for FLR(M)
Don't get confused. For first application of spouse visa (from abroad) or Flrm (from UK) only A1 test is needed. A2 is needed when you extending it after 2.5 years.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mark2019
Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 9:49 am

Re: Fiancé Visa To Spouse Visa

Post by mark2019 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:03 pm

Ok great thank you for clearing that up, it’s very comforting to know. Can I assume that I can re use the A1 certificate we used for the fiancé visa which was acquired February of this year?

Many Thanks

User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 8702
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Re: Fiancé Visa To Spouse Visa

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:51 pm

mark2019 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:03 pm
Ok great thank you for clearing that up, it’s very comforting to know. Can I assume that I can re use the A1 certificate we used for the fiancé visa which was acquired February of this year?

Many Thanks
Definitely
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mark2019
Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 9:49 am

Re: Fiancé Visa To Spouse Visa

Post by mark2019 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:22 am

Perfect, thank you, that will save us a bit of time and money now so great!

Also the other thing which slightly confuses me, as we are applying in the UK from a fiancé visa, are we applying for a Spouse or FLR(M)? Also what is the difference?

Many Thanks

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 74657
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Fiancé Visa To Spouse Visa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:29 am

mark2019 wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:22 am
Also the other thing which slightly confuses me, as we are applying in the UK from a fiancé visa, are we applying for a Spouse or FLR(M)? Also what is the difference?
FLR(M) is the application FORM to apply for spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Post Reply
cron