ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

renew resident permit in uk

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Waiting limited

renew resident permit in uk

Post by Waiting limited » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:55 pm

Please I'm new in this forum but I wish someone can help me. I applied for a a second renewal of my resident permit because I'm short of 3 months and some days to qualify for settlement 5 years route of spouse to British citizen. Then I was chocked that the caseworker put me in 10 years route saying I didn't submit an English certificate A2 . I submitted my English certificate B1 I got outside of uk in 2014 from British council that is still approved by UKVI. I submitted my GSCE in English I received in summer 2017.
I came to uk in October 2014 . I renewed my visa in January 2017( stupid step as it was very early for renewal) (submitted same English certificate B1) gave me my resident permit of an expiry date of 3 /8/2019. I renewed my permit in 24/6/2019 by same day service submitted same English certificate thinking my GCSE in English is a proof that I improved my English. The answer was: I fail to submit an submit an English certificate at A2 level and I'm offered another 30 months under 10 years route after that I can apply for my settlement.
If I take a new English exam and submit a new application is it going to be considered or is it too late because I have no right to appeal
Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: renew resident permit in uk

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:52 pm

Waiting limited wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:55 pm
The answer was: I fail to submit an submit an English certificate at A2 level and I'm offered another 30 months under 10 years route after that I can apply for my settlement.
Why you haven't submitted your B1 test which you claiming to be still on UKVI list instead submitting your GSCE in English??
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Waiting limited

Post by Waiting limited » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:11 pm

I did but she said I didn’t provide any evidence for English at A2 level
Is it the man in same day service forgot to scan it or is it her that didn’t look at it. What can i do please

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:13 pm

Waiting limited wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:11 pm
Is it the man in same day service forgot to scan it or is it her that didn’t look at it. What can i do please
But B1 is higher than A2 and if still on UKVI list then should be accepted even expired.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Waiting limited

Post by Waiting limited » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:24 pm

I have no right to appeal but can I send a reconsideration to home office .

Waiting limited

Post by Waiting limited » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:02 am

I haven't got any answer for my queries I sent to solicitor. Still confused about reconsideration. can I challenge the decision?? Is reconsideration apply to my case. Please any help I'll appreciate. I found this at home office page regarding the English requirements in frequent asked questions section:
Will you accept all tests from an approved provider?
No. Any tests taken from 6 April 2015 must be on the approved SELT list. You can take IELTS or Trinity tests for many reasons at different centres but only those IELTS and Trinity tests specified for immigration use and taken at an approved centre can be used as part of an application for immigration purposes.
You should take care when booking your test to ensure that the test that you book is the one approved for SELT:
 for IELTS, ensure that you choose ‘IELTS
for UKVI’ rather than ‘IELTS’;
 for Trinity, ensure that you choose ‘Secure
English Language Tests for UKVI’.

Also this paragraph
What about customers applying to extend their leave as partners or parents?
As announced in January 2016, a new English language requirement at level A2 is being introduced for non-EEA partners and parents.
This affects those applying to extend their stay after 2.5 years in the UK on a 5-year route to settlement under Appendix FM (Family Member) of the Immigration Rules. The new requirement will apply to partners and parents whose current leave under the family Immigration Rules is due to expire on or after 1st May 2017

If only someone can advise me about what to do

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:02 pm

If forgot to attach B1 or your B1 is no longer on list then it means you haven't met A2 language requirement. So refusal is correct.

Waiting limited

Post by Waiting limited » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:23 pm

Is it possible once I get A2 English certificate to vary application for flr m???
Please Advise

Waiting limited

Post by Waiting limited » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:27 pm

Can I apply with a new English certificate A2 for another extension or there is no hope and I'll stay in 10 years route???. The old permit expiry date is 3/8/2019??
Please advise me

ukvisat2

Post by ukvisat2 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:30 am

Waiting limited wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:11 pm
Did the online visa application form ask for any information about the English language requirement?
If so, what information did you provide (GCSE or IELTS)? I know you have submitted both certificates but caseworker might be considering only information that you provided in the visa application.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:07 am

Waiting limited wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:23 pm
Is it possible once I get A2 English certificate to vary application for flr m???
Please Advise
If you change back to flr m then your 5 year clock towards ILR will reset to zero and may even A1 instead A2 due to going back to zero again.

ukvisat2

Post by ukvisat2 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:16 pm

Waiting limited wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:27 pm
Can I apply with a new English certificate A2 for another extension or there is no hope and I'll stay in 10 years route???. The old permit expiry date is 3/8/2019??
Please advise me
My suggestion would be to ignore this offer and apply for extension again with new A2 English language qualifications before 03/08/2019. After paying and submitting a standard application (not priority) online before 03/08/2019, you can give biometrics within 45 working days that will lead to 5-year stay (depending on when in October 2014 you enter the UK). Then you can vary your extension application to ILR.
This is just my suggestion. Please confirm with your solicitor or wait for senior to comment on it.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:58 pm

ukvisat2 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:16 pm
Waiting limited wrote:
Please advise me
My suggestion would be to ignore this offer and apply for extension again with new A2 English language qualifications before 03/08/2019. After paying and submitting a standard application (not priority) online before 03/08/2019, you can give biometrics within 45 working days that will lead to 5-year stay (depending on when in October 2014 you enter the UK). Then you can vary your extension application to ILR.
This is just my suggestion. Please confirm with your solicitor or wait for senior to comment on it.
How op can apply another extension and than vary to ILR under 5 year route when he has already been issued extension under 10 year route which will reset his 5 years of ilr clock to zero.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:09 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:58 pm
ukvisat2 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:16 pm
Waiting limited wrote:
Please advise me
How op can apply another extension and than vary to ILR under 5 year route when he has already been issued extension under 10 year route which will reset his 5 years of ilr clock to zero.
The OP has NOT been issued FLR(FP) 10 year route. They were offered FLR(FP) and must pay IHS first. If they reject or ignore the offer as they still have a valid visa, then they simply reapply when they meet the requirements before visa expiry.

If an application for extension is then still pending, they could potentially vary to ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Waiting limited

Post by Waiting limited » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:12 pm

We called priority service to check if my English certificate been scanned and they confirmed with yes as he stated it's from Cambridge , I trusted him.

In the next 5 years am I going to be qualified for long residency ILR . I have no gap in my residency .

I have no faith in solicitors from previous experience.

Waiting limited

Post by Waiting limited » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:09 pm

Please anyone can answer.
If I reapply I can't go outside uk for holidays also my husband is going for a business trip for a month in august .
Am I eligible for long residency ILR in 5 years time. Please advise

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:54 pm

Waiting limited wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:09 pm
Please anyone can answer.
If I reapply I can't go outside uk for holidays also my husband is going for a business trip for a month in august .
Am I eligible for long residency ILR in 5 years time. Please advise
Yes your all visas will be counted towards long residence if by then that route will remain operative.

ukvisat2

Post by ukvisat2 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:17 pm

Waiting limited wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:12 pm
We called priority service to check if my English certificate been scanned and they confirmed with yes as he stated it's from Cambridge , I trusted him.

In the next 5 years am I going to be qualified for long residency ILR . I have no gap in my residency .

I have no faith in solicitors from previous experience.
Can you share the exact wording of the rejection letter?
Is the English language requirement the only reason for rejection?

Waiting limited

Post by Waiting limited » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:19 pm

how many times am I eligible to extend spouse visa 5 years route ? till now I've done 2 extension and if I reapply before my visa expired in August it will be 3 and hopefully will be successful.
please pleas advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:29 pm

You can apply for a spouse visa extension as many times as you wish. There is no cut off limit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Waiting limited

Post by Waiting limited » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:37 pm

thank you so much

Waiting limited

Post by Waiting limited » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:26 pm

thank you so much. I appreciate your help.

Waiting limited

Post by Waiting limited » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:49 am

in the form they are asking if I have a home office reference number. should I include the last one in home office letter that granted me 10 years route I made 24 June 2019 or I include only the one of January 2017 or both of them?

please advise

Waiting limited

Post by Waiting limited » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:16 am

hi croo1
you said:
The OP has NOT been issued FLR(FP) 10 year route. They were offered FLR(FP) and must pay IHS first. If they reject or ignore the offer as they still have a valid visa, then they simply reapply when they meet the requirements before visa expiry.

I'm confused here can you explain more.
the extension I have now from home office. I paid IHS as they said they can't make decision on my application so we paid and then received email confirming I've been granted 10 years route instead of 5 years. am I eligible to apply even if I paid IHS surcharge .please help
thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:30 am

In that case, you are now on the 10 year route.

Had you not paid the IHS and ignored the offer, you could have simply reapplied before your current visa expired.

If you apply FLR(M) again now, you start the 5 years from scratch.
Waiting limited wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:23 pm
Please Advise
You also cannot vary an application that has already been decided, which in your case it has.
Waiting limited wrote:
Please advise me
Your previous visa/BRP card would be cancelled once the FLR(FP) is issued/approved.
Char (CR001 not Casa)